blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  how to play kings in cash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to play kings in cash  (Read 2491 times)
acc2020

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »

new to cash poker

been doing ok since playing online cash , winning just a small amount.

after a 10 hr session last night , i seemed to lose more than i won with pocket kings. I had them over a dozen times and won only twice with them. i not to bothered about losing just my approach with them.

If i get them in late position i always raise with them ( 3 times the blind ). Then c bet the flop ( 3/4 of pot ) and then continue betting on later streets unless an ace hits.

If theres a raise and a call i will re raise to get all the chips in preflop. I did this over 10 times last night and 8 times the opponent had a single ace which hit the board. The other times they outflopped me either 2 pair or a set (which is fair enough).

It seems to me that in low stakes online cash game players are willing to call an all in with an ace regardless of kicker. Is it strategically prudent to re raise all in preflop with kings everytime or should i play them carefully like queens and jacks.

I think i have lost more money with aces and kings than any other sort of starting hand , cos i tend to play them super aggressive.  With other starting hands i am not as likely to get all the chips in and can seem to get away from dangerous flops.

Any advice?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »

At the limits you're playing, and by the sounds of the standard of opponents you're playing against I'd definitely be playing JJ and QQ less prudently than you are.

Last night was just bad variance but also a very small sample size.

Get them in every time if you know you can and know you will get called and watch your monies grow.

gl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
acc2020

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:28:56 PM »

are you saying with jacks or better it is profitable to be all in heads up everytime.
Am i wrong to play cash like tournament survival?

i am playing $0.10/0.20 buying in for 100 blinds , even though it is pennys i dont feel comfortable sticking it all in with queens or jacks. Should i ignore my fears and stick it in?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »

are you saying with jacks or better it is profitable to be all in heads up everytime.
Am i wrong to play cash like tournament survival?

i am playing $0.10/0.20 buying in for 100 blinds , even though it is pennys i dont feel comfortable sticking it all in with queens or jacks. Should i ignore my fears and stick it in?

Queens definitely.

Jacks maybe a little more cautious.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »

yh its a good thing if you are getting opponents to put stacks in with Ace X preflop when you have KK (and indeed QQ and JJ)

try not to let the results of the hand matter so much

Christopher Brammer
SteveSpring

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »

At .1/.2 alot of people will be stacking off with alot worse so i would be playing QQ and JJ more aggro
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »

At .1/.2 alot of people will be stacking off with alot worse so i would be playing QQ and JJ more aggro

when playing for £63k people will be stacking off with alot worse with zero fold equity so def play KK aggro

Christopher Brammer
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:36:30 AM »

when playing for £63k people will be stacking off with alot worse with zero fold equity so def play KK aggro

Really made me laugh tho, 3 mins after initial TR. much kudos.

I'll get back under the chair.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: