blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 09:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Masters Experience Overview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Masters Experience Overview  (Read 803 times)
Masters_Experience
Probation

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »

The Trafford centre was amazing, a beautiful place and very busy! The two days were hard work but very interesting. The stands on Peel Avenue were constantly busy and our sponsors are very happy to see so many different people, not just your usual poker or sports book players so it was great to see new sign ups.

I spent a lot of time at the bandstand in the food court where the training was taking place, it was not as busy but there were lots of people showing an interest and taking part, I very much enjoyed taking part in the event.

As for the training Scott O’reilly said:

“Having never been to the Trafford centre before I have to say I was impressed at its resemblance to a Las Vegas mall. The food court where the bandstand was located was astoundingly vast. We ran two different formats for the tutoring, one where we were discussing through hand examples and the other in the form on single table tournaments in which we could discuss strategy as the pupils were actually playing for themselves. We received a wide range of skill levels of which I am sure everyone walked away with new found knowledge. I really enjoyed meeting people that wanted to learn skills to develop their own game. It was a pleasure working with Paul and John as they were both very knowledgeable about the game.”

This weekend has helped us understand more about what the public want and how they view poker. Many want to learn and by meeting the players and sites they felt more confident. All of this we will take into account when arranging the next Masters which we are definitely interested in doing. It is a new way to meet players and to introduce the game to a wider audience though without greater on line support and qualifiers we admit that the academy and festival will not fill up.

A more detailed report will follow along with pictures and film of the event.

Kerri.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:41:58 PM by Masters_Experience » Logged

Check out the Manchester Masters Academy at www.masterspokeracademy.com
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »

Encoraging lots of new starters into the game is exactly what we need!

Get as many as you can

Kthxbye

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:30:36 PM »

Cliff notes:

- Trafford centre is impressive and a bit like Vegas.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: