blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:49:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272924 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand online, rush 1/2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand online, rush 1/2  (Read 1082 times)
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:11:14 AM »

Playing 1/2 Rush, just dunno what I should be doing here. Ugly spot. Probably super standard but yeah...

UTG Limps ($200 stack)
Random FTP pro makes it $6 from the button ($200 stack)
I flat BB with  
Limper flats

Pot $20ish
  three clubs

I check, UTG checks, button bets $18, i make it $42, UTG overcalls, button folds.

Pot $120ish
Turn  

Really dont like this turn. How often is he overcalling with the NFD on the flop? Do I lead the turn and get it in? Or do I Check call to fill up?

Any feedback would be great Smiley
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:14:55 AM by JK » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

Check turn and call anything up to $70. UTG probably has a set or overpair and wants to see a cheap showdown same as yourself now that horrid turn has come down.

With a bit of luck he's not got 88. It looks to me like he's trying to squeeze a bit more value out of the button though.

If you lead turn he's likely to raise to protect against the flush draw then you've got a tough decision probably for your whole stack where you might end up laying down the best hand.

I can't see him bluffing at this pot on the river so if he gets it all in you have to pass unless you've filled up. Even then I have a feeling you may get coolered against 88 but obv never passing.

This hand shows why position is so important in rush. With no reads on players you have to go by betting patterns and position is a huge advantage here.

As for preflop I prefer to raise rather than call. If you can be the aggressor pre at least you have a chance of winning the pot on the flop if you miss. I'm not bothered about the UTG limp until it becomes a 4 bet or call of a 3 bet. If he calls a 3 bet I know he's set mining so when I lead flop he goes face up. If he 4 bets pre I know I'm screwed so get away or set mine if we're deep enough.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »

Id just push you are 22% vs 88 or a flush, crushing 33/non club overpair and ahead of an overpair with a club.  So its never going to be totally bad and might be quite good.  As he limps he is prob not very good so I dont think you only get called when behind.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »

utg limper.....

does not compute

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

utg limper.....

does not compute

You not played rush yet then mate?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »

utg limper.....

does not compute

he has AA KK , 22-77 or a suited connector

not that this info helps in this hand!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »

Check turn and call anything up to $70. UTG probably has a set or overpair and wants to see a cheap showdown same as yourself now that horrid turn has come down.

With a bit of luck he's not got 88. It looks to me like he's trying to squeeze a bit more value out of the button though.

If you lead turn he's likely to raise to protect against the flush draw then you've got a tough decision probably for your whole stack where you might end up laying down the best hand.

I can't see him bluffing at this pot on the river so if he gets it all in you have to pass unless you've filled up. Even then I have a feeling you may get coolered against 88 but obv never passing.

This hand shows why position is so important in rush. With no reads on players you have to go by betting patterns and position is a huge advantage here.

As for preflop I prefer to raise rather than call. If you can be the aggressor pre at least you have a chance of winning the pot on the flop if you miss. I'm not bothered about the UTG limp until it becomes a 4 bet or call of a 3 bet. If he calls a 3 bet I know he's set mining so when I lead flop he goes face up. If he 4 bets pre I know I'm screwed so get away or set mine if we're deep enough.

i like alot of what Evilpie says here -especially the last para

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »

Edit - My apologies! I thought button (FT Pro) was the guy who called us. My reading skills are pretty bad as of late!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:10:41 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »

He haz an overpurr!

AA KK jams on that board - no point in check calling that hand on this board with potentially 2 villains left in

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »

Now I've read it properly yeah this turn is the worst! He prob is check-calling a flush draw but its true he can also have a slow played set. Ignore my initial reply now been edited!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: