blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  99 sb in a turbo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 99 sb in a turbo  (Read 2970 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »

you are missing quite a bit of value by checking, fully expect to get called by Ax 5x 4x as well as some other fruity things on a dry board like this

Christopher Brammer
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »

effective BB's should only be used to determine if a pre flop shove is +EV or not..

? This makes no sense - Effective stack in a HU situation = the value of the smaller stack
/topic

Agree I'm not saying bet get it in isn't an option, just an option to bin off pretty easily vs rando $4 donk fishs

I said this and you asked me if it was a level? Wat you were actually saying is you think bet folding is better?

Basically the discussion ITT is wats best, bet/folding or bet/calling and its impossible for us to say which is right with the current information we have

I would never check as I expect the $4 rando's to make bad calls more often than bad bets

poonjoe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »

seems like an EZ bet-fold. I thought the idea of $4 comps was you can keep your value range wide and fold when you get heat, without having to worry about being 'bluffed off the best hand' when the board is dry and his value range is narrow.

"Every time the action is on you, its your opportunity to make the perfect play"- Phil Galfond
GarethW

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »

first off the question was "how do I play flop". Bet/x suck as lines given information. So if someones asking for advice point out what you would do differently, don't validate a mistake and say you'd bet/x....

16bb effective on the flop

effective BB's should only be used to determine if a pre flop shove is +EV or not..

? This makes no sense - Effective stack Huh?? in a HU situation = the value of the smaller stack
/topic

you do realise there is a difference between effective STACKS and effective BIG BLINDS right?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »

you do realise there is a difference between effective STACKS and effective BIG BLINDS right?

I do not. please educate Smiley

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »

I'm with lil dave on this one, I always just say 16bb eff as a shorthand way of saying effective stacks of 16bb...

Christopher Brammer
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »

Wait say wut

I have 1 mirrion big blinds, ickle dave is ickle and only has 4.

that's 4 bbs effective

or effective stacks are 4 big blinds.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »

auto top up buddy, Iv got 15

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »

auto top up buddy, Iv got 15

erm for auto top up to work you need maneys in your account innit.

I'm on form innit

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »

thats why it never works.

SPent all my money on toothpaste innit

GarethW

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »

Effective stacks are as you said. Effective big blinds are used pre flop in push/fold mode to decide if a shove is +EV or not. They are different from normal BB's in that they factor in the ante. Say you have 3000 chips (15 actual BB's) at 100/200 + ante, when you factor in the antes the true big blind might be more like 150/300 giving you an effective 10BB stack instead of 15BB's. Adjust your push/fold range accordingly.

In this hand on the flop both players were 20BB deep when OP decided to lead out
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

Effective stacks are as you said. Effective big blinds are used pre flop in push/fold mode to decide if a shove is +EV or not. They are different from normal BB's in that they factor in the ante. Say you have 3000 chips (15 actual BB's) at 100/200 + ante, when you factor in the antes the true big blind might be more like 150/300 giving you an effective 10BB stack instead of 15BB's. Adjust your push/fold range accordingly.

In this hand on the flop both players were 20BB deep when OP decided to lead out

Im open to fact I may be wrong, given that im not really a tourney player exclusivley. But I think you're confusing the saying "15 BB effective" with the forst step of the M claclulation.

Anyway this is all irrelevant because when i said with have 16bbs effective wat I meant (clearly) was that the effective stack on the flop is 16bb

you may well be right about ^^^ but I've certainly never heard of it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: