blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 07:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272979 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  100NLHU C/shove turn line
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 100NLHU C/shove turn line  (Read 1059 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »

Second hand against a guy that is a marginal winner over 8k hands according to PTR. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker Game #27271392129: Table Mayflower (heads up, deep) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:58:01 ET - 2011/01/14
Seat 1: pads1161 ($200)
Seat 2: 123uno ($133.25)
123uno posts the small blind of $0.50
pads1161 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pads1161 [ ]
123uno raises to $3
pads1161 raises to $11
123uno calls $8
*** FLOP *** [ Two Clubs three clubs]
pads1161 bets $11
123uno calls $11
*** TURN *** [ Two Clubs three clubs] []
pads1161 checks
123uno bets $28
pads1161 raises to $178, and is all in
123uno folds
Uncalled bet of $150 returned to pads1161
pads1161 mucks
pads1161 wins the pot ($99.50)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $100 | Rake $0.50
Board: [ Two Clubs three clubs ]
Seat 1: pads1161 (big blind) collected ($99.50), mucked
Seat 2: 123uno (small blind) folded on the Turn
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:20:55 PM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »

you almost certainly had the best hand, personally i prefer just barrelling. If he just ships over you turn bet his most likely hands will include the so we are happy to fold. Also easier to balance from when you are value betting a K or an overpair to the flop cards.

@whollyflush on twitter
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:43:09 AM »

I think he checks back this turn a lot with all his one pair type hands and may even not bluff his A highs.  This makes his turn betting range pretty strong and he wouldn't expect us to check/raise such a good barrel card strong since there's still a ton of stuff he can call with.  So I much prefer just barrelling a ton of our range here and once dynamics established we can merge with A5+.  I'm generally going 3 barrels on this sort of board as we can get so much to fold by the river (obviously sometimes we fold out worse too but our hands too weak to do anything else)

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »

I think he checks back this turn a lot with all his one pair type hands and may even not bluff his A highs.  This makes his turn betting range pretty strong and he wouldn't expect us to check/raise such a good barrel card strong since there's still a ton of stuff he can call with.  So I much prefer just barrelling a ton of our range here and once dynamics established we can merge with A5+.  I'm generally going 3 barrels on this sort of board as we can get so much to fold by the river (obviously sometimes we fold out worse too but our hands too weak to do anything else)

Pretty much mostly all this. Check shoving the turn is definitely fine and if you want a crai turn range this is a good hand to have in it. Fwiw I'd usually start out a hunl match bet bet betting here and would be dong some crai once it's established I'm doing a lot of bet bet betting.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »

Pretty much mostly all this. Check shoving the turn is definitely fine and if you want a crai turn range this is a good hand to have in it. Fwiw I'd usually start out a hunl match bet bet betting here and would be dong some crai once it's established I'm doing a lot of bet bet betting.

ty, info in this thread is v.v. good thankyou Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: