blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Wednesday night in Nottingham - a love affair ends?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wednesday night in Nottingham - a love affair ends?  (Read 2697 times)
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »

Cash started with 5 players sometime around 10 and broke up around 2ish. Still feeling unfocussed I dribbled my stack down to about £60 and then got allin pre against the table captain (monty?). I raised to £6, he re-raised to £15, I shoved with He flipped his hand as he called my shove  .

Quite possibly the only hand I didn't butcher all night lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »

Cash started with 5 players sometime around 10 and broke up around 2ish. Still feeling unfocussed I dribbled my stack down to about £60 and then got allin pre against the table captain (monty?). I raised to £6, he re-raised to £15, I shoved with He flipped his hand as he called my shove   .

You were running pretty bad it seemed. Didn't you get it in well ahead with AA again a little later on to be beaten by the river card?

As an aside - can I say how refreshing it was that on the AK>AA hand you declared your hand instantly rather than the usual practice of waiting to the end to deliver the bad news.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:10:10 PM by david3103 » Logged

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »

Cash started with 5 players sometime around 10 and broke up around 2ish. Still feeling unfocussed I dribbled my stack down to about £60 and then got allin pre against the table captain (monty?). I raised to £6, he re-raised to £15, I shoved with He flipped his hand as he called my shove   .

You were running pretty bad it seemed. Didn't you get it in well ahead with AA again a little later on to be beaten by the river card?

As an aside - can I say how refreshing it was that on the AK>AA hand you declared your hand instantly rather than the usual practice of waiting to the end to deliver the bad news.

Yeah I didn't run great but made some pretty spewy plays as well.

As far as delivering the bad news, I wish more people would act like I do in those kind of situations... It tends to keep everyone happier and the table much more friendly rather than getting into the completely retarded situations where no-one will show their cards to claim the pot because they want to see what the other guy has...

The second time I had AA I had run into a flopped set and obviously didn't get the news until after the river when my cards were turned face up when we got in on the flop...
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »

Definately agree with this ^. Have always been one to show or declare straight away
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 03:17:31 AM »

Definately agree with this ^. Have always been one to show or declare straight away

Did you last night when you called 100bbs pre with A9o vs an old guy limp shoving?

Did you proudly declare "I have A9!" or snap turn your hand over like it was the nuts?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: