blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272825 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Interesting river spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting river spot  (Read 830 times)
rbc_mike

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

50p/£1 at DTD, 6 handed.
Game has been pretty decent, stack of around £400 at this point.

Villain raises utg to £4. CO calls, BTN calls, Hero calls in BB with  .

Pot (17.50).

Flop: 

Checks through.

Turn: 

Hero bets 13, villain calls, CO and BTN fold.

Pot (43.50)

River: 

Hero bets 26. Villain shoves all in for 110. Hero folds.

Villain 1 is competent, thinking player.  At time I felt that he pretty much has me beat with a flush alot of the time here, but then when i got home, I felt this was a spot where I can get bluffed so much? Could be turning two pair or a bare jack into a bluff, making me fold the nut straight often enough for him to make a shove profitable.  Does this affect our river decision at all, i.e. checking to induce some bluffs from made hands that know they have to turn themselves into a bluff? I know its 50/1 and I should keep it relatively straightforward, just wanted some opinions on the hand.

Dying's for fools.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:57:26 AM »

Is he competent enough to bluff the river often enough to bet call it off? Bet/fold seems standard in a 50/1 DTD game. If he isn't sitting with the table max then I'd automatically assume he isn't a sicko. Probably bad to generalise people like that but I think it's a pretty good guideline for DTD 50/1 anyway
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:55:30 AM »

sorry to leave such a breif answer but I don't have much time, I would never ever fold here.

Also chk/shove turn is way better than betting imo

rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »

Is he competent enough to bluff the river often enough to bet call it off? Bet/fold seems standard in a 50/1 DTD game. If he isn't sitting with the table max then I'd automatically assume he isn't a sicko. Probably bad to generalise people like that but I think it's a pretty good guideline for DTD 50/1 anyway

Yeh my thoughts exactly mate, maybe at 1/2 or 2/5 its alot more of a decision here, but villain shoves this river (was one of my friends I came with), more often than not, they have it.

sorry to leave such a breif answer but I don't have much time, I would never ever fold here.

Also chk/shove turn is way better than betting imo

What do we do if it's checked through on turn? Surely we want to keep flush draws in hand/worse straights by betting as we have great equity against them and get to control the pot size? Doubt anyone checks a set on this flop, and reckon a good % of the time a bare jack bets the flop if checked to.

Dying's for fools.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »

What do we do if it's checked through on turn? Surely we want to keep flush draws in hand/worse straights by betting as we have great equity against them and get to control the pot size? Doubt anyone checks a set on this flop, and reckon a good % of the time a bare jack bets the flop if checked to.

I think you'll get a lot of bluffs and you will for sure stack every jack by c/j OTT. I don't think anyone will bluff twice here and most J*'s won't jam. naked club draws will V likely chk back but you can only win one bet from them and they will rarely fold the turn or pay off the river without a flush so letting a FD chk through doesn't cost you much imo.

I just think you always have a JACK when you bet the turn

OESFD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »

do we ever consider he has the same hand here?  for example?
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »

In live games bet/fold is fine. You aren't being exploited.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: