blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 09:02:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273348 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Raised pot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raised pot  (Read 897 times)
rbolt2

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:59:56 AM »

.50/1 at dtd again, effective stacks 200bbs.

utg limp hero utg +1 raises to 4 with   4 callers including utg +1

Flop:    

checks to hero who bets 15, folds to small blind who raises to 38, utg folds, hero calls.

turn:  

Villain bets 40, hero calls

river:  

Villain checks, hero checks,

On the flop I was tempted to shove, however given the stacks sizes it seemed a little large, not sure about the flop call and once villain checks the river I nearly shoved.

Any comments?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:00:14 PM by rbolt2 » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »

Doesn't sound like a 3b pot...

Open bigger, you 6xd it over a limper in yr TT hand, that's better. Consistent raise sizes are a good habit to get into, even if at this level it will go unnoticed for the most part.

On the flop, I think it depends on villain. Do you think he'd cr Kx? If so, might he fold it to a raise? Do you think he's ever raise folding the flop? Will he be more scared by a big allin, or by a small click back (reraising to say 60)?

As played, call turn, give up river for sure.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:27:53 AM »

Yeah definitely open bigger, and without any reads i would shove the flop. It seems fairly hard for him to have a very good hand so he's going to find a fold sometimes, and the times he doesn't we've got a ton of equity.

Flatting can be better with a read on villian if we know he probably isn't likely to fold flop after c/ring, and that he will be loose enough to pay us off if we get there on turn/river.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »

As Alex says depends if you feel a min click back will look stronger to him than an all in.
A min click back allows a nice spot for a shove irrespective of turn. Of he peels your min click back with Kx and misses his 2 pair on turn he is likely to fold.
Im happy to get it in on flop also.
Depends if he plays a smaller FD this way.
PaintingByNumbers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

Once he Check/Raises the Flop we are not aiming to get any (reasonable) player to fold a better hand but to get value from the draws we dominate.
A shove seems too much to me.
A min 3b looks to me like we are inducing the shove, but lots of players will just shove anyway, so I would probably take this option.
3b if he will shove lots of draws and flat otherwise.
Of course, if you think he is the type of player to Ch/R to find out where he is, with a weak K, then a small 3b becomes even better.

Why would you shove the river?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:47:19 PM by PaintingByNumbers » Logged
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »

We have tonnes of equity versus his range, defo looking to get stacks in. £81/call it off on the flop.

What do we know about villain? Not taking the piss, but a lot of 50/1 fish/bad regs can show up here with anything from something like 55+ to QJ because they "know you don't have a king" and cba to face barrels, or "see any more cards" etc. The only thing it sucks for villain to show up with here is a bunch of sevens.

As played your turn and river line is fine. Unsure why we would jam the river, though. Extinguish these weird thoughts before they become a part of your game. Take that from someone who spazzes out like twice a session. Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:47:35 PM »

Of course, if you think he is the type of player to Ch/R to find out where he is, with a weak K, then a small 3b becomes even better.

Yh this.

I personally think you played the hand fine, wouldn't be at all surprised if you won the hand either. The river shove for value or as a bluff? I really don't think he'll fold any king (when hh and QT both brick) and not sure what else can call when we have the

Check seems good. NH WP

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: