blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:37:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  HUD help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUD help  (Read 872 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »

Just wanted general advice on if there is a specific type of computer needed to be able to withstand the amount of memory (?) that a HUD my need. As well as running quite a few different poker networks up, and the increasing amount of saved hand histories, i was wondering if it was worth starting that process on my old laptop.

My old laptop isn't bad though and the relevant specs are here, lemme know if you need more, also if it makes a difference I have had the computer for 4 years:

Memory
   4096MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
Video Card
   NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphic memory
Hard Drive
   500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM) Hard Drive
Microsoft Operating System
   Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1- English

About 2 weeks a go, windows eventually failed to run after i had downloaded HEM and was saving hand histories and i needed to get rid of all software and reinstall everything from scratch, losing everything. However, this could well have been an unrelated virus and not my computer being overworked by the demands of HEM.

So basically, is my computer fit to run a HUD while I have multiple poker sites running, have increasing hand histories getting stored, and with other relatively memory sapping programs installed like adobe reader and Microsoft Works downloaded? If it is, is there anything i can do to ease the stress on the comp while running HEM. Am I worrying about nothing?

I am a little bit of a newb, so thank you for any help in advance.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:44:42 PM »

About 2 weeks a go, windows eventually failed to run after i had downloaded HEM and was saving hand histories and i needed to get rid of all software and reinstall everything from scratch, losing everything. However, this could well have been an unrelated virus and not my computer being overworked by the demands of HEM.

Yeah, that's nothing to do with HEM.

If your computer was struggling with all the things then it would run slow when you were playing poker, the HUD would be slow in updating etc. Is it doing this? Does it stop happening when you play fewer sites?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »

Yeah, that's nothing to do with HEM.

If your computer was struggling with all the things then it would run slow when you were playing poker, the HUD would be slow in updating etc. Is it doing this? Does it stop happening when you play fewer sites?

I hadn't properly tested out the software to run under max conditions giving me heads up displays across say 20 tables, on multiple sites, while maybe running spotify, and having internet open and whatnot. I was wondering with the specs i have listed, should there be a problem from just an educated prediction?

I thought I would throw this out there in my OP to see if there is anything at this point that i should be worried about before i potentially put my computer in trouble.

Ty in confirming it probably was an unrelated issue that caused the software problem. I am going to go ahead and see what the HUD is like at full whack.

I will setup the software again shortly, test it across a differing number of sites, and amount of tables and will report back.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »

And obv the help and any further help, is really appreciated. tyty.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »

I thought I would throw this out there in my OP to see if there is anything at this point that i should be worried about before i potentially put my computer in trouble.

Don't know what you mean by this.

You can't make your laptop blow up by opening too many poker tables.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:08 PM »

I know from experience that 4gb is not enough to run all that on windows 7, don't know about vista though.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »

I know from experience that 4gb is not enough to run all that on windows 7, don't know about vista though.

Cheers, will probably give it a miss until i get a better laptop/PC.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: