blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 11:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274163 Posts in 66764 Topics by 16954 Members
Latest Member: kabonouk
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gut wrenching historical photos
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gut wrenching historical photos  (Read 1647 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »

Came across this on stumbleupon, often compilation of photos with this type of heading often leads to only a couple of good pictures but almost every one of these are incredible.

Which image do you find most 'Gut wrenching' or shocking? For me it has to be number 6, partially because I read the short book "Escape from camp 14".

All images are SFW with possibly an exception for the sports injury one which I did not look at since I don't like gruesome injuries.

www.thoughtcatalog.com/erin-cossetta/2014/07/gut-wrenching-photos-that-will-leave-you-speechless

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:40:05 PM »

Can't get it to open atm, but will try again later.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »

Wedding rings - leaves a sickly feeling, where you know something horrific has happened but you dont know exaclty what.... The fact they are wedding rings which are symbols of love etc, make it worse I think
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »

Wedding rings - leaves a sickly feeling, where you know something horrific has happened but you dont know exaclty what.... The fact they are wedding rings which are symbols of love etc, make it worse I think

I saw some breathtaking things at Auschwitz. Mountains of human hair, prosthetic limbs, spectacles, baby clothes etc.

Auschwitz was just one of a string of death factories, working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

But of course, it could never happen again....

The older I get, the better I was.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:45:42 PM »

I saw some breathtaking things at Auschwitz. Mountains of human hair, prosthetic limbs, spectacles, baby clothes etc.

Auschwitz was just one of a string of death factories, working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

But of course, it could never happen again....

Must be quite an experience to visit, although I can imagine a very difficult one.  I'm not normally one to dwell on such things, but the rings have been occupying my thoughts all morning.  Powerful photo.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »

I just viewed the two images I previously ignored labelled NSFL (Not suitable for life). One is just a little shocking. You don't see any actual injury just a lot of blood. However the the one from Haiti is of a dead child being thrown onto a heap of other dead children/people and I can imagine this might be quite disturbing for some people.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:06:28 PM »

The wedding ring photo is a shocker

Feed em rice.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: