blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273099 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  UKOPs Bh'er
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKOPs Bh'er  (Read 4274 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

Neither player in these hands is a reg.

Hand 1; We are in the cut off with 88 (3350) Blinds are 40/80. Button Calls. blinds fold.

We make it 240, Button Calls, he has 2462. Pot 600.

Flop QcQsJs. We bet 320. Call. (1320)

Turn Check Check.

River .

We value bet 320 for thin value. Felt he'd bet a J on the turn. Felt he had a lot of ace highs and lower pairs. Only hands really concerened with are 1010, Ace 9, some Jx hands.

It's really thin this bet, we are folding to a raise. Villian calls.

Hand 2, thoughts on my line / bet sizing through out.

9 minutes later...

Player in this hand is eratic/ gambling, playing bizarre.

We have   blinds 50/100. We are on the button, it's unopened. We have 7590 chips.

Gambley player is in the BB - he has 17k plus. we 3x. SB folds, BB calls. (650)

Flop;   Two Diamonds

I bet 487.50, bit bigger than I normally bet on this board - but went a bit bigger - think he's calling really wide on the flop. (1625)

Turn  

This is really interesting. Felt I had to bet quite small to get a call which I did.

We bet 600, Villian Calls. (2825)

River   , went the other way on the river and over bet the river.

We bet 3600. Bit of a strange line, betting so small turn / over betting river.

He jams and we call.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »

I'd lean towards checking river in hand 1, your bet size is small enough that you can get raised off your hand from smaller pairs, you don't rep Jx all that well and look to have more AK AT KT, bet folding small on the river isn't needed.

Second hand pre is good, flop is good, turn is good, river is interesting, it's a nice card for you to bet at and to do so rather big I'd go 2k. I don't think villain cares that much at all with what you re betting so wp for getting the max

To win at poker is to not have to play
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:52 AM »

x/f fold flop hand one

check turn hand 2. Overbetting river seems a fine exploit of people never being able to fold full houses
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »

Hand 1 we won he had 55. Hand 2 villain had quads. J4. Hand 1 continuation bet on the flop is perhaps a bit questionable. It's not a great example, but I'm always looking for spots to value bet 2nd pair type hands against certain types of player. Betting smallish and they just can't fold 4th pair/ ace high. It's pots I'd have previously checked. Obviously only doing it Against players that arnt going 2 exLoit this
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:00:18 PM »

Hand one i'd c/call flop or bet similar size to you. River is thin, but i can see your logic, I don't think you're getting looked up by A-high ever really though.

Hand two i'd bet bigger on the turn, he's going to station down with A high sometimes, two spades sometimes and 4x hands obviously.
Not sure why you overbet river, other than the fact you've got kings-full. Villains range for reaching this river is pretty weak... A-high, 2x hands, small pairs and 4x hands. I'd bet like 60% pot and fold to a jam... i mean he's never going to bluff jam river and he's never got AA, so his value range is just 4x hands.
I imagine once you'd overbet river you were getting such a ridiculous price on a call you maybe had to flick it in for the 1% he's doing a crazy bluff or jamming worse, but it's pretty hard to see him showing up with anything other than 4x ever.

I'd rather have AA to be taking your line, at least then he can have some KQ/KJ hands he's peeled flop with and might jam river with. Pretty hard for him to have Kx when you've got all the
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:03:09 PM by WotRTheChances » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »

Hey wotr, thanks for the response. Love your analysis of hand 2. It is a bit disjointed IMO small on turn, massive on river. He does look 2 have a weak range otr. Feel smaller bet would be better overall, certainly under pot. Main reason I overbet a lot of the time players won't fold Fh es. When he jams, I'm not lovng it, but am not good enough 2 fold here with the nut Fh. Even aa I call. Just because he has as many kings here as .
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »

Hey wotr, thanks for the response. Love your analysis of hand 2. It is a bit disjointed IMO small on turn, massive on river. He does look 2 have a weak range otr. Feel smaller bet would be better overall, certainly under pot. Main reason I overbet a lot of the time players won't fold Fh es. When he jams, I'm not lovng it, but am not good enough 2 fold here with the nut Fh. Even aa I call. Just because he has as many kings here as .

That was the point I was making about preferring to have AA here than KK. With AA i think when you bet river and get jammed on you are still winning a lot more than when you bet KK on the river and get jammed on. I think folding river to a jam with AA would be bad, but folding KK is probably correct, although i'm not saying I would in-game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: