blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:48:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  So that's what they are.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So that's what they are.  (Read 939 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »

I'm in the process of cutting back the shrubbery. It's an annual task that used to take me one day but now takes closer to three. (That's because the shrubs are bigger, not because I'm older and weaker).

When you reach above your head with a hedge trimmer and cut into conifer, the trimmings tend to get everywhere, with a goodly portion finding their way down the neck of your shirt. once there they itch and prickle a bit, but you ignore them until you take a break, at which point you slip your shirt off and shake everything out.

Every so often, say once in a thousand times, the itch and prickle that you feel isn't caused by conifer trimmings, but by one of these.

Click to see full-size image.

They really do make you jump when they bite, but until your bitten, there's nothing you can do about them. You can't stop cutting every time something falls down your neck so your stuck with them. When you peel one from your skin, you always end up with smelly fingers.

For years I've called the conifer bugs but today I looked them up. Guess what they're called? Green Stink Bugs. I shit you not. Green Stink Bugs. It makes then seem even more awful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_stink_bug

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »

Didn't realise those things bite.

I had a job pruning fruit trees when we were travelling in Oz and every so often a tree frog would jump or fall out of the tree on me.  Scared the shit out of me every time.  Thankfully they didn't bite.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: