blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:42:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  You are the TD of the Blonde Poker Tour: timekeeping
Poll
Question: How would you keep the audience interested?
Introduce a shot clock
Shot clock with one extension available per level
No shot clock but TD warning/penalties for taking too long like in golf
Leave it as it is but broadcast a delayed, edited stream
Something else

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are the TD of the Blonde Poker Tour: timekeeping  (Read 3286 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »

I really liked the the time limit DTD had when I last played there. 1 extension and one extra for the ft. Really helped the game move at a quick pace.

Blue text
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »

I really liked the the time limit DTD had when I last played there. 1 extension and one extra for the ft. Really helped the game move at a quick pace.

How long were the levels?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »

I'd like to see a shot clock personally, although it may bring more problems with it.

I'd also really like the stigma of calling the clock removed. If someone is taking the p1ss and unnecessarily tanking then let the td deal with it. The TD cannot deal with it if he's not informed.

I don't think anyone is begrudging people taking their time over key decisions, but it is the constant tanking over pathetic decisions that wind people up.

I can't understand how someone who plays 24 tables online takes 2-3 minutes to fold 58o in a live game.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »

20 minutes, 20 seconds to act with a 1 minute timebank chip. Extra timebank chip if you FT.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »

20 minutes, 20 seconds to act with a 1 minute timebank chip. Extra timebank chip if you FT.

Sounds good. Wish our local game had this in force. Some of them take 20 seconds to realise it's on them.

I'd like to see a shot clock personally, although it may bring more problems with it.

I'd also really like the stigma of calling the clock removed. If someone is taking the p1ss and unnecessarily tanking then let the td deal with it. The TD cannot deal with it if he's not informed.

I don't think anyone is begrudging people taking their time over key decisions, but it is the constant tanking over pathetic decisions that wind people up.

I can't understand how someone who plays 24 tables online takes 2-3 minutes to fold 58o in a live game.

Tanking with 58o is fine if you're considering a squeeze...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: