blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273074 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Blonde World Cup Football Pundit CVs
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde World Cup Football Pundit CVs  (Read 6914 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 11:37:36 PM »

He went to Leicester when Peter Taylor signed him. He played for England u21's under Peter Taylor and is a big fan him of him, thats why he signed him! Taylor played him in his best position, Micky Adams didn't

James was one of Taylor's few good signings, but it was an impossible job following O'Neill...the established players wouldn't play for him

Adams was a route 1 manager, and James was wasted by him...surprised to see him go to Cov to join up with him again where hey presto he plays up front!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 12:20:54 AM »

Born and bred in Manchester but a virtually life long Charlton Athletic fan. The story is an embarrasing one that involves teddy bears so the less said the better but if i said a sketch appeared in an episode of "only fools and horses" based on my story but the other way round then you'd get the picture!!

none the wiser matt? but good for you in bucking the trend & supporting a not very fashionable team. I've a soft spot for the Addicks, even if they did not reliase my potential.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

He went to Leicester when Peter Taylor signed him. He played for England u21's under Peter Taylor and is a big fan him of him, thats why he signed him! Taylor played him in his best position, Micky Adams didn't

James was one of Taylor's few good signings, but it was an impossible job following O'Neill...the established players wouldn't play for him

Adams was a route 1 manager, and James was wasted by him...surprised to see him go to Cov to join up with him again where hey presto he plays up front!!

to be fair he has been playing  lot in midfield still for Coventry as McSheffrey and Adebola tend to play up front most of the time.

Craig Levein didn't really like James for some reason, thats why he left Leicester when his contract was up.

Coventry were the last team on the list, Norwich followed closely by Palace and Reading were the keenest to sign him, but Norwich offered pathetic money and James has a good relationship with Micky Adams and Coventry is obviously close to Leicester where his kids were settled in at school.

He's just recently moved back to where i live, near Bury St Edmunds, he lives 1 minute away....I don't think he will be at Coventry next year
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »

CV for Greg Hill - AKA Junior. - STAGS FAN!

Team: Mansfield Town (Life-long supporter of the blue and yeller army)

When i was a young boy (about 7yrs old) my dad use to take me to Field Mill as punnishment for being a bad lad and to get me out from under my mother's feet.  The football was awful, it was cold and windy, i couldn't really see (it was terracing then) but i loved it, so it no longer became a punnishment and i was hooked.

The second season i started going regularly with the ol' fella the Stags won the Freight Rover Trophy beating Bristol City on penalties at Wembley in front of 60,000 fans - the sea of yellow and blue that lined wembley way and the bright yellow ticker tape (the caravan and fishing sections of an old hacked up yellow pages) that filled the air as the captain lifted the trophy will stay with me forever. - unfortunately that is our clubs only piece of silverware so far and i doubt any more will ever come but if your a follower of the stags then you are born with an inbuilt level of hope that never leaves you.

The highlight of my young MTFC supporters career was when i was 8, i was mascot for the day against Halifax Town - i got a free kit, match ball and got to kick around with the players before the game, shoot in against kevin hitchcock and meet them after in the players lounge and i got a full tour of the ground, changing rooms and tunnel etc.- every little boy's dream!

Some 20 yrs on and now aged 27 I have visisted nearly 65 grounds (alot of which have been relegated from the football league) and have been to over 500 games.  i have seen some terrible football, some real bad times but the occasional bit of glory has more than made up for the dissappointment that most stags fans feel week in week out.

As far as playing career goes - i havent got one. - school team, cub scouts and woodhouse colts U12's is about all i can point to but i tell ya, if it hadn't been for my lack of height i could have played for england - and i still hold out hope that Sven will pop down the local 5-a-side hall on a Tuesday night and 'discover' me. - you never know.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:03:27 PM by Junior » Logged
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41:44 AM »

guys, its fascinating to read a bit of idle chat about your teams, your playing careers & experiences. 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 12:41:26 PM »

CHAIRBOYS BARMY ARMY MID80S ONWARDS

I think I was five when I saw my first Wycombe match, it was at our old Loakes Park pitch and I believe it was against Barnet.  I remember seeing a few games there, probably with my Dad.  I then didn't go for a few years as he wsa ill and mum was too busy looking after him.  But I can clearly remember watching them against Farnborough which was probably around 89, 90.  Went to the last ever game there which included George Best and an anti poll tax streaker.  I missed the FA Trophy final at Wembley in 91-92 but it was two years later that my love of my home town team was cemented.  I don't think I'd been to a single game that year but a trip to Wembley was too good an option to miss.

After two minutes we got a free kickjust outside the box, and I remember telling my mate that Jason Cousins was going belt it in.  He did and we went on to win 4-1 and get promoted.  Trips to Adams Park became more regular the next season and I made two trips to Wembley that year, a week apart.  The first was the Evening Standard London Fives and the second was the play off finals.  We won both.

I briefly flirted with supporting Man Utd but quickly realised this wsa pointless and just glory hunting.  As I got older and had to rely on my own finances the attendances dropped off, I also started playing for my church (more on that later).

A saturday job soon put paod to playing and watching.  I issed a lot of the difficult years, although I have a vivid memory of running round the church the time we avoided relegation on the last day of the season!! 

The big year was our monster FA Cup run which I followed from a distance as much as possible.  Listening to the penalties away to Wimbledon while on the phone to friend was brilliant.  Then came Tighty's beloved Leicester.  I was working at Homebase at the time and made sure everybody knew when Essandoh (wwwwwhhhhhoooooooo) scored the winner. 

I couldn't get a ticket to the semi against Liverpool, but seeing Wycombe Legend Jason COusins having a go at Michael Owen for diving was absolutely priceless.  It was brilliant to see Keith Ryan, who i have huge admiration for, score a late consolation.  Bare in my mind the didn't score until they had bought Gerrard and Fowler on and you have a great day for a Wycombe fan. 

Since then it's been a struggle Tony Adams didn't cut it and this season is going down to the wire.  Will we do it?  Who knows but I'll be there on Thursday and I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:12:23 PM by Mr F » Logged

"Love is better than a warm trombone"

"Table Tennis Rules, they're so confusing it's not played by fools"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 01:06:12 PM »

I think I was five when I saw my first Wycombe match, it was at our old Loakes Park pitch and I believe it was against Barnet.  I remember seeing a few games there, probably with my Dad.  I then didn't go for a few years as he wsa ill and mum was too busy looking after him.  But I can clearly remember watching them against Farnborough which was probably around 89, 90.  Went to the last ever game there which included George Best and an anti poll tax streaker.  I missed the FA Trophy final at Wembley in 91-92 but it was two years later that my love of my home town team was cemented.  I don't think I'd been to a single game that year but a trip to Wembley was too good an option to miss.

After two minutes we got a free kickjust outside the box, and I remember telling my mate that Jason Cousins was going belt it in.  He did and we went on to win 4-1 and get promoted.  Trips to Adams Park became more regular the next season and I made two trips to Wembley that year, a week apart.  The first was the Evening Standard London Fives and the second was the play off finals.  We won both.

I briefly flirted with supporting Man Utd but quickly realised this wsa pointless and just glory hunting.  As I got older and had to rely on my own finances the attendances dropped off, I also started playing for my church (more on that later).

A saturday job soon put paod to playing and watching.  I issed a lot of the difficult years, although I have a vivid memory of running round the church the time we avoided relegation on the last day of the season!! 

The big year was our monster FA Cup run which I followed from a distance as much as possible.  Listening to the penalties away to Wimbledon while on the phone to friend was brilliant.  Then came Tighty's beloved Leicester.  I was working at Homebase at the time and made sure everybody knew when Essandoh (wwwwwhhhhhoooooooo) scored the winner. 

I couldn't get a ticket to the semi against Liverpool, but seeing Wycombe Legend Jason COusins having a go at Michael Owen for diving was absolutely priceless.  It was brilliant to see Keith Ryan, who i have huge admiration for, score a late consolation.  Bare in my mind the didn't score until they had bought Gerrard and Fowler on and you have a great day for a Wycombe fan. 

Since then it's been a struggle Tony Adams didn't cut it and this season is going down to the wire.  Will we do it?  Who knows but I'll be there on Thursday and I'm looking forward to it.

been to adams park / causeway or whatever you call it these days a few times.  good luck next season
Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

Definitely Adams Park mate.  You won't find anyone apart from Commentators and Suits calling it the C******y.

Saw Mansfield home game this year, can't remember the score though, so probably a draw knowing us.  Is Birchall still with you?  How's he getting on?  Also what do you make of Uhlenbeek?

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 05:43:06 AM »

Definitely Adams Park mate.  You won't find anyone apart from Commentators and Suits calling it the C******y.

Saw Mansfield home game this year, can't remember the score though, so probably a draw knowing us.  Is Birchall still with you?  How's he getting on?  Also what do you make of Uhlenbeek?

I forgot to add that i studied football as a foundation degree at university in High Wycombe for 1 year. Part of the course was gaining the FA level 1+2 coaching badges, my practical exam for the level 2 was coaching the kids at Wycombe wanderers, great close knit club and i have many friends there. I still have a load of Wycombe kit in my warddrobe which they gave me.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »

birchall has gone now and uhlenbeek was released at the end of the season - he was a good player but a nut case - everytime there was any sor of a skirmish on the pitch he was right in the middle and would run ninety yards just to bepart of it!!
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »

LOL Junior you are so right.

many years ago when Scowy played for Ipswich Gus Uhlenbeek was there. One of the funniest things in football was seeing Uhlenbeek take a throw in to himself LOOOOL. He looked confused when the ref blew his whistle
Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »

I forgot to add that i studied football as a foundation degree at university in High Wycombe for 1 year. Part of the course was gaining the FA level 1+2 coaching badges, my practical exam for the level 2 was coaching the kids at Wycombe wanderers, great close knit club and i have many friends there. I still have a load of Wycombe kit in my warddrobe which they gave me.

When were you there Sunday?  Did you have anything to do with the coaching in the community people.  My mates been with them four years. 

I met Danny Senda on Friday night, he seems like a pretty decent guy, came down to our end of season do at the pub and ended up giving out the awards.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: