blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272935 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What does he have?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What does he have?  (Read 2697 times)
MrsLime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 03:47:59 PM »

£100 Freeze at Broadway last night:

I'm UTG with QQ.  Blinds are 50/100.

I raise to 500 to clear out the crap or take it then and there.  Only SB and BB call.

Flop: 2,2,9 rainbow

It's checked to me.  I make it 1,000

SB raises to 2,500.  BB folds.  I don't think he has a two, he's pretty tight.  I don't think he has pocket nines (why scare me off?) - he didn't have either.

What do you put him on? (if you were on my table or watching please don't say)

When asking questions like this, you HAVE to give the stack sizes.  They are as important as your hole cards.

Administrator
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 04:06:47 PM »

True, not that it matters now.  But, for reference, we both had roughly 5500.  I had him out chipped by a couple of hundred (that went on the next hand).
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

I dont see anything out of the ordinary in this hand snd think you both played it fine.

Even though it is realatively early in the tournament, i have no issue with his flat call preflop. U have made a 5x raise UTG and clearly have a good hand, if he re-pops you preflop he telegraphs his hand completely and allows you to get away from every other hand except KK in that spot. Flat calling is probably the best move in my opinion. Since the stacks are still deep enoough to give implied odds to small pairs and suited connectors you dont really know what he has, always a problem.

If i was in your shoes, Im pretty sure i would have gone bust on this hand as well. agaisnt a random guy in a £100 comp, i think you are way in front more times than you run into sneaky AA man

MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

I dont see anything out of the ordinary in this hand snd think you both played it fine.

Even though it is realatively early in the tournament, i have no issue with his flat call preflop. U have made a 5x raise UTG and clearly have a good hand, if he re-pops you preflop he telegraphs his hand completely and allows you to get away from every other hand except KK in that spot. Flat calling is probably the best move in my opinion. Since the stacks are still deep enoough to give implied odds to small pairs and suited connectors you dont really know what he has, always a problem.

If i was in your shoes, Im pretty sure i would have gone bust on this hand as well. agaisnt a random guy in a £100 comp, i think you are way in front more times than you run into sneaky AA man

Thanks Pab.  Part of me wanted to fold - thinking KK.  I guess I could have found a better spot as it was still early.

He outplayed me and I admire that.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: