blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272939 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT UK Amateur Poker Championship
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT UK Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 62927 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2006, 12:16:19 PM »

For what its worth, here is my view ...

I have NOT joined APAT because I want to see how parting with some money (however nominal the amount) will benefit me as an individual.

I would love to play the comps and the thought process and direction that APAT is trying to go down appeals to me greatly. However until I know that i can play in an event that i choose to without all the hassle that you have to go through to get a spot in the comp at the moment, my subscription will stay in my account.

I will however join in the future when I am happy and comfortable with the selection process for getting a spot in a comp.

I supose what I am really trying to say is that I am taking the easy route and letting all the niggling teething problems get ironed out before i join up.

That way I dont get angry or frustrated at the issues at the moment Smiley

The other point I'd make Kev is that Annual Subs are £5 or 10. In return, there are 7 Live Events, at least 4 of which will be in mainland UK, and those 4 Events have over $35k of added value in tourneys that only cost £75 to enter. OK, you may not get into all of them, possibly even any of them, but at £5 or £10, it's not the worst value "bet" in the world!

Yes, I know the membership fee represents good value, But I can join up when an event is announced that I know for CERTAIN i will get a seat for, I can play online events anywhere at any price ..... So why should I join up now just to have a random chance of getting a seat ?

You don't "have to" join up Kev, nor does anyone else.

I simply suggested that a £5 or £10 Annual Sub was a pretty decent value bet - in my opinion - for the chance of getting in between 1 & 4 Live Tourneys (I ignored the non-Mainland UK Events) with over $35k of ADDED Value. (That's in additon to the Prize Pool). I never mentioned the Online Events.

So there is no reason why you should join if you don't wish to. I simply said that, to me, it seemed a decent value punt.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »

No life isn't fair....and you're right, its just a game of Poker!.....but if I was lucky enough to go to the first event, I would welcome members who missed out to have "1st dibs". this time.

...and many would agree with you. And just as many, disagree with you. Mainly, lets be honest, from a position of vested interest. Life's like that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2006, 12:19:27 PM »

Okay but in his previous post on here his title was a humble "hero member" like most of us hoi palloi

Was that bloke in the spam pm's a "hero member" ? Cheesy

Probably, and I bet he's on a few people's buddy lists too Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »

Okay but in his previous post on here his title was a humble "hero member" like most of us hoi palloi

I'm not quite sure what the question or problem is here. Can you assist, please?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »

I like the suggestions these threads spring up. If it wasn't for people who ask questions about why things happen the payout structure for example may have remained the same and fewer problems wouldl be resolved/discussed.

I know people making suggestions/complaining is a pain in the ass for the APAT team but thats why Blonde is so good, you aint ever gonna get away with hiding the real issues or brushing stuff under the table (Not for one second saying that APAT have done this, but its more a general statement).

The idea of online qualifiers for a "set aside 10 seats" at every live event sounds a wicked suggestion. Almost like a 2nd chance for those who didn't get lucky and secure there seat from the original ballot/click feast/random lotto.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2006, 12:22:58 PM »

I have NOT joined APAT because I want to see how parting with some money (however nominal the amount) will benefit me as an individual.

I would love to play the comps and the thought process and direction that APAT is trying to go down appeals to me greatly. However until I know that i can play in an event that i choose to without all the hassle that you have to go through to get a spot in the comp at the moment, my subscription will stay in my account.

I will however join in the future when I am happy and comfortable with the selection process for getting a spot in a comp.

I supose what I am really trying to say is that I am taking the easy route and letting all the niggling teething problems get ironed out before i join up.

The other point I'd make Kev is that Annual Subs are £5 or 10. In return, there are 7 Live Events, at least 4 of which will be in mainland UK, and those 4 Events have over $35k of added value in tourneys that only cost £75 to enter. OK, you may not get into all of them, possibly even any of them, but at £5 or £10, it's not the worst value "bet" in the world!

Yes, I know the membership fee represents good value, But I can join up when an event is announced that I know for CERTAIN i will get a seat for, I can play online events anywhere at any price ..... So why should I join up now just to have a random chance of getting a seat ?

Event 1 was random/ballot/draw

This event is first come first served, and therefore not random.

We had many many requests not to do a "seats go on sale at one time" clickfest too

So we'll set a window, and those that are able can buy a seat by registering when the link opens.

Not random!

so surely the clickfest will begin at the time specified? no difference as far as i can see

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »

I still say there IS a simple solution for these problems, which will only get worse as more and more people join. My solution would be this :

For each APAT event (200 max capacity), have REGIONAL qualifiers (worked out so that all have a chance of attending) So it would work like this :

10 Regional qualifiers of 100 people in each, with the top 20 "qualifying" for the APAT event.

Problem solved.

I appreciate this would need alot more organisation, but would stop all the problems with the "current lottery process" of being selected to play APAT events.

Your thoughts??
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »

We had many many requests not to do a "seats go on sale at one time" clickfest too

So we'll set a window, and those that are able can buy a seat by registering when the link opens.

Not random!

Of course it is random, is everyone that wants to play going to get a seat ?  

there are many RANDOM factors that will determine who gets in and who doesnt, such as the time window that you offer ... what if some people who work on Saturdays cant be at a PC during the said window, what if I have got tickets for a footy game on saturday and cant register.... soooo many RANDOM factors that will determine if people who want a seat can get a seat.... therefor it indeed IS a random process.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2006, 12:26:38 PM »

My thought is I like all the feedback

We are two events into what we believe is a long term tour that is great news for players.

If some these suggestions (and they all get considered and debated by us) throw up good ideas, then thats good news for APAT and by extension its members.

and its not random  Cool

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2006, 12:27:42 PM »

Is  Cool

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2006, 12:31:23 PM »

Would it be possible/worthwhile to to put 50% of the seats on sale at say, 7am, and 50% at 7pm on Saturday?

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2006, 12:31:54 PM »

Not random!

there are many RANDOM factors that will determine who gets in and who doesnt, such as the time window that you offer ... what if some people who work on Saturdays cant be at a PC during the said window, what if I have got tickets for a footy game on saturday and cant register.... soooo many RANDOM factors that will determine if people who want a seat can get a seat.... therefor it indeed IS a random process.

Random factors might affect somebodys chances of being able to register, but the allocation of seats itself is not random.

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise APAT over the part of the process which they have no control over.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 12:42:17 PM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2006, 12:34:13 PM »

exactly Jon

Everyone has a choice...in a random ballot it is up to fate, no choice involved once you are in the hat

My eyes are open wide
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »

Not random!

Random factors might affect somebodys chances of being able to register, but the allocatioin of seats itself is not random.

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise APAT over the part of the process which they have no control over.

Im not criticising ...... not sucking up either.

By the way, Red's suggestion is a damn good one.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: