blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:44:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Tarot, Tea-Leaves & Crystal Ball
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tarot, Tea-Leaves & Crystal Ball  (Read 12612 times)
Alex B

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2006, 10:12:37 AM »

Having said that, Colin Fry and John Edwards are conmen who have earnt fame and a living preying on vulnerable people.

It occured to me that someone could argue the same could be said about winning poker players.

I think the difference is that it would be like making sure you will only played poker and won money from people whose close friends and relatives have recently died.
zelda

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2006, 10:15:10 AM »

I believe in this 100%, but obviously not all who profess to have the gift do.  After I split from my husband some years ago I went to see Sarah Petulengros in Blackpool.  I went in December and she knew I was effectively homeless and was looking for a home, but would find a new house and move in early Jan.  I knew it takes at least 6 weeks to complete a house sale, so took it with a pinch of salt.  I had 3 kids then, but was only 21 and didn’t take them with me.  She knew I had 3 and said there would be more.  She knew about past relationships and difficulties I had endured.  She rightly predicted that there would be more trouble ahead, but that I would get through it and be stronger.  She knew so much! I gave nothing away at all.  Upon my return I found a house and the lovely woman who owned it had moved next door.  She let me move in early - Jan 1st. I find great comfort in this kind of thing.  That said I have had some very vague and poor readings, so finding the right person is essential.

Good luck to you poppet.  I hope you get everything you desire...
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »

i dont believe in fortune telling. My mum was a great believer. our neighbour used to read tea leaves and my mum loved it. She also went to see psychics none of which could ever read her. She was also into white witchery and cast spells for her pals some of which worked but the events may have happened anyway without her intervention. I'm sure they would have.
As well as all that, she used to do the Ouija (is that the spelling?) after my dad was killed. its not a good thing to get into. I am now terrified of all that nonsense and i do believe in spirits and ghosts, although Ive neverwitnessed any. maybe its just fear in case they do exist?
after my mum passed on i have felt compelled to visit a psychic. my uncle told me not to go as i would have a big sign on my head saying 'bereaved' or 'gullible'. Ive not went and thats been 9 months (feels like yesterday). i do however still feel like going as I'm desperate to find out if my mum is okay. This is where the con merchants get you though. if anyone knows a person that appears genuine and is contactable in Glasgow, let me know and ill let you know what i think. i have a very healthy scepticism of this kind of thing and know if my mum could get in touch, she would but with very specific info.
Ive seen a man called the psychic barber on TV. he seems to be good if hes not a fake.
the only way we can find out if these things are really true is to pass on and find out for ourselves hopefully.

mad

Patience is a virtue.

Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2006, 11:40:11 AM »

A good point to start to get a feel for it is to go to your local Spiritualist Church, sit in see what you think, if you see a medium that has impressed you, approach them afterwards and ask if they do private readings.

Or ask someone from the Church to recommend someone, most of the people that run the Churches are mediums themselves.  You may find yourself drawn to someone.

Go with an open mind and you won't be disappointed or fooled.

Good luck!

Liberavi animam meam
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »

thanks trace. thats good advice and i will start there:)

Patience is a virtue.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »

I'm not a believer in the psychic stuff I just think much of what they say is hit and miss and they are good readers of people. 

Scarily though I have dreams that quite often come true, not always a 100% accurate but when in situations I can recall being in the situation previously does this mean I have some sort of psychic powers?

In regards to Hypnosis I firmly believe in this.  I have been hypnotised for 2 stage shows the first time I went along I went up as a sceptic and thought it was a load of bollocks but was amazed that it worked.  I even paid one of my mates £50 to help me find my pet leprechaun.

I often listen to a self-hypnosis recording which helps me relax, this is particularly helpful if there is anything stressfull going on and I feel agitated.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2006, 02:43:29 PM »

thanks trace. thats good advice and i will start there:)

Mad I once went to a Spiritualist church over at Charing X I wasn't a fan of it to be honest but I have heard that there are some decent places in Glasgow.  I think there is one in Shettleston that is supposed to be really good.

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »

Scarily though I have dreams that quite often come true, not always a 100% accurate but when in situations I can recall being in the situation previously does this mean I have some sort of psychic powers?

That is de-ja-vu. I get that a lot. It's like you know what's going to happen next but before you've recognised it, it has happened... if you know what I mean.

CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »

de-ja-vu is when something changes in the matrix.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
roverthtaeh

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2006, 04:03:48 PM »

I'm not entirely sure but I think I've had dejavu before.

When I grow up, I'm gonna be stable.
When I grow up, I'm gonna turn the tables.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: