blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Standard push with A7o
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standard push with A7o  (Read 2184 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »

I don't play these but it seems that what is being said is that if you have less than 5BBs, don't look at your cards and push into the first unopened pot. Right?

lol not really but 5BB's ina  turbo STT is like 10BB ina  normal MTT IMO..it's pretty dangerous territory.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 03:18:35 PM »

65 pushes are also not as good here. If they pass, then it doesn't matter what cards they held, if they call, you are a dog against almost any hand (incl those I mentioned above) and with weaker players again you could even be dominated by A6s or A5s.

I don't think a 65 push is a particularly good play either in this position, but at least you know what you are doing - semi-bluffing.  Obviously you are a dog to anything that calls, but usually not a big dog and undeniably a lot of hands that should call will fold, quite often a5/a6, I'm pretty certain 85 folds.  

If an A7 push does get called by a weaker hand, your edge is unlikely to be very large, with big cards being near to a coin flip and weaker aces sucking out or splitting the pot a fair amount.

I really do agree with your commments about the luck element in turbos, but don't think that the answer is to gamble when any opportunity presents itself.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 03:37:03 PM »

65 pushes are also not as good here. If they pass, then it doesn't matter what cards they held, if they call, you are a dog against almost any hand (incl those I mentioned above) and with weaker players again you could even be dominated by A6s or A5s.

I don't think a 65 push is a particularly good play either in this position, but at least you know what you are doing - semi-bluffing.  Obviously you are a dog to anything that calls, but usually not a big dog and undeniably a lot of hands that should call will fold, quite often a5/a6, I'm pretty certain 85 folds.  

If an A7 push does get called by a weaker hand, your edge is unlikely to be very large, with big cards being near to a coin flip and weaker aces sucking out or splitting the pot a fair amount.

I really do agree with your commments about the luck element in turbos, but don't think that the answer is to gamble when any opportunity presents itself.

yeah I'd agree with this. If you push I would much rather push with 2 live cards and a fair few outs (sooted connectors) than with something like A7 which could easily be dominated by any calling hand.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:58 PM »

but 5BB's ina  turbo STT is like 10BB ina  normal MTT IMO

i cant see how having 5BBs in a game where the blinds go up twice as fast is like having 10bbs in a normal game .

surely the opposite is true ?

is it cold in his shadow ?
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 11:03:06 PM »

i cant see how having 5BBs in a game where the blinds go up twice as fast is like having 10bbs in a normal game .

I think you are right here.

anyway turbos are for gamblers, IMO. 

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 09:16:48 AM »

but 5BB's ina  turbo STT is like 10BB ina  normal MTT IMO

not the way most turbo STT's play. A lot of people will freak out when they are down to ten times the BB. you'll find that if you don't join them in their "less then ten times the BB, so auto all-in" game you'll be in the money quite a bit.

Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »

In the money, but likely to finish bottom of the money. With the fee charged, your profit is small and you don't need many non-cashes to be losing.

A std 9/10 seater pays 50%-30%-20%. I used to try to get as many cashes as possible, but my results indicate that less cashes and more wins shows a healthier ROI. I guess its horses for courses as I know other players who are 60% in the money which dwarfs my stats.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: