blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  hand question
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: hand question  (Read 10202 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 01:43:28 AM »

Half average stack means we aint got the leverage to get cute, so I would have bet the flop. Takes a bit of calling, and if you get called (they may pass, don't forget) and you do catch the flush, chances are you are winning.

I agree totally i would have bet the flop heavy but as he didn't ask...................
I like the s**t or bust attitude Tikay but surely you can't call from behind, i want to be the first to act.
Ironside you say you're looking to checkraise but it is only a good strategy if you think yhey're bluffing or you have a hand, at the moment you have nothing!!!!
I deduce from your post you reraised and most likely went out lol
ian
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 02:04:05 AM by ifm » Logged

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 01:50:49 AM »

We are NOT "calling from behind" Ian, the SB checked the Flop, we move in. It's their problem then, & they need something half decent to call with.

"Sh*t or bust"? Well, playing with a low stack is a COMPLETELY different game to "normal" poker. Different logic is required. IMHO.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 01:57:53 AM »

small misunderstanding (seems to be my forte of late), i agree totally with what you say i was referring to his scenario of checking the flop  Undecided
I'm always the short stack who throws his chips in regardless of what i have if there are more than 2 callers to a raise in front of me declaring "value" lol
Needless to say this is not an incredibly fruitful policy!!
ian

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 02:05:02 AM »

Ahh, now I understand. Tell you what, let's both blame Ironside. That's what I usually do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 02:07:05 AM »

And if he protests or argues, I'll Yellow Card him.....

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 02:09:28 AM »

Agreed, especially when he edits the original post and you're not sure if he got mischevous and changed the original scenerio  Grin
He's had more yellows than Vinny Jones, maybe a sin bin might have a better effect hehehe
ian

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 02:10:23 AM »

Hang him!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 02:20:41 AM »

ok here is my thinking if i go all in on the flop i increase my chances of taking the pot uncontested

BUT if i do get called there is not enough chips in the pot to give me the odds

i am also likely to get called by any ace so i really need the odds in the pot to make a raise

by checking i got those odds by the a raise and reraise even if one of the raises fold

by going all in when it gets back to me i have now enough chips in the pot to give me an average stack if
everyone fold this puts me back in the game

if i do get called its obvious i am behind and therefore need good pot odds to account for the times i bust

remember this is an online game against muppets they are going to call with any hand no matter how you play it

so the choice is simple get as many chips into the pot as possible before playing the hand

(the raiser had j7 the reraise A6 none of them in hearts)

yes i hit my flush infact i had more outs after the turn gave me a straight draw

both players thought there play was great when the J7 won the side pot and neither could understand why i had to play for the flush

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 02:24:01 AM »

Nice analysis, & nicely played Ironside. And clearly, with J-7 & A6, there were TWO matey boys in the hand. Perfect!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 02:27:20 AM »

It takes me hours to think about all that, never mind the 30 secs the internet gives you  Grin

Interesting scenario though. I hope they said nh when you won. Some of these online folk have noooooo manners.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 02:29:25 AM »

i am still trying to work out if i wanted both callers

against 1 caller i am a 6-4 dog maybe 13-8

against 2 i think i am more likely a 5-2 dog

means i am busting 50% more times that i win which isnt great

plus the extra chips gained don't seem to mean much in these party MTT

only just started playing them guess i might need to adjust my starting requirements down to around the 72o level

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 02:32:26 AM »

So the J7 called a re reraise with second pair and a crap kicker while A6 calls a reraise with top pair crap kicker!!!!
Send em to walsall cash game i wanna say hello!!
Though i think your odds to win were not good, and you musta gone green when they both called!!
Ian

btw what was the buy in for the comp?

Of course not.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 02:36:41 AM »

ok here is a hand thats been bugging me since i played in the vic

i am UTG with 3.4k the blinds are 150/300 with 25 ante

i look down and see KQ i also believe i have a tight scared newbie image
so try to steal from the hardest postion and make it 1.2k

over on the button the camel flat calls (3.8k stack)
SB vicky coren reraises 1025 (all in and enough to allow me to rereraise)

so the options are call, reraise or fold

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »

So the J7 called a re reraise with second pair and a crap kicker while A6 calls a reraise with top pair crap kicker!!!!
Send em to walsall cash game i wanna say hello!!
Though i think your odds to win were not good, and you musta gone green when they both called!!
Ian

btw what was the buy in for the comp?

it was a 5$ buy in

problem was i would get no chances to steal in the tourny unless i got well above an average stack

one other hand of note on table

2 large stacks go to war preflop both all in one had 22 the other QJs

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 02:47:33 AM »

Vicky sees, you as the nervous type and either has you beat or reckons you'll fold
She probably sees a flat caller as a weakness especially as he raises a lot!!!!!
It depends entirely on whether you feel like gambling, if she has a medium pair you have overcards and (worst case) has you dominated.
Me personally would fold, camel is behind you and you really don't need to be trapped between 2 pro's!!
If you call he could put you allin and you really are in a bad spot then as you can't fold.
Btw i ain't a great player so my thinking is likely to be a little conservative.
Ian

Of course not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: