blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What do you think he has? and what do i have?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think he has? and what do i have?  (Read 3215 times)
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:20 AM »

YEah I prefer M3boys guess for Pab
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »

ok, first his hand, he had  ( 4, 5)  cant remember if it was suited or not, wasnt relevant as he didnt have a flush draw, just the 2 pair he made on the turn!

Did anyone put him on this hand? what do you think of his play on the flop? if u had played the hand the same what hand do you put me on? why would i bet so big on the turn and would you also move in as he did?

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »

Wasn't far off with my 2-3, small pair no kicker with backdoor straight draw!! Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »

I would hate to make a stab at your hand. We don't know the image you have cultivated on the table nor his notes and thinking about you. We are also unaware of the previous pots/action that you have shared and we have no idea of your range for calling/raising pre and on flop. Anything is just guessing, albeit that is what you are inviting us to do.

With regards his line, the only possible reasoning I can think of for his all in action, is that if he thinks you have AA or KK and that you are incapable of laying it down, because realistically, they are the only hands that can pay him off which he is beating.

Raindogs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »

Difficult to put him on 5 4 but I can't see him check raising all in on the turn unless he has AQ or can beat Q's.  Your pot sized bet on the turn makes it difficult for him to push you off the pot as you will be getting 2.5/1 on the call if he moves all in.  As far as your hand is concerned I think he took your flop raise as a raise for info or a bluff.  He got lucky on the turn and when you came out betting he put you on a pair or possibly a draw.  I don't think he could put you on a set as you would expect someone with a set to flat call on the flop.  He obviously didn't think you had A2 or 67.

I would guess that to call his all in you would need to have a pair and a draw, possibly Q2, 23, QXd. 

Just out of interest would anyone call with AA/KK here ?
A_Leper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »

Hi, first post here because I don't often have anything useful to say.

FYI - good2cu is a regular poster on 2+2 and it seems is good player and a big winner. Might be useful knowledge if you're planning on regularly playing against him.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »

Difficult to put him on 5 4 but I can't see him check raising all in on the turn unless he has AQ or can beat Q's.  Your pot sized bet on the turn makes it difficult for him to push you off the pot as you will be getting 2.5/1 on the call if he moves all in.  As far as your hand is concerned I think he took your flop raise as a raise for info or a bluff.  He got lucky on the turn and when you came out betting he put you on a pair or possibly a draw.  I don't think he could put you on a set as you would expect someone with a set to flat call on the flop.  He obviously didn't think you had A2 or 67.

I would guess that to call his all in you would need to have a pair and a draw, possibly Q2, 23, QXd. 

Just out of interest would anyone call with AA/KK here ?

I would need extensive notes on the other player to call with AA/KK here. Only hand you are ahead of is some sort of flush/str8 draw.
Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 04:49:45 PM »

From his point of view he is really hoping you have  , for some reason he cannot put you on trips (dangerous to my mind).

I think the check-raise on the turn is a consequence of his faith that you do have AQ, he himself is representing trips.

So there is a story, can't wait for the ending though......................

BTW Ithink you do have    ! Winner - Winner 

Stars - stoneleighrd = Betfair - stone_clm
party - bubblesqueak
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 09:05:37 PM »

FYI - good2cu is a regular poster on 2+2 and it seems is good player and a big winner. Might be useful knowledge if you're planning on regularly playing against him.

Have played quite a bit with him on full tilt so have extensive notes on his play, my handle isnt the same on stars though so id be very suprised if he knew who i was

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 09:19:25 PM »

After seeing his hand I'm now sure you have a higher 2 pair or trips. Probably 33.
A_Leper

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »

Have played quite a bit with him on full tilt so have extensive notes on his play, my handle isnt the same on stars though so id be very suprised if he knew who i was

Ok, I guess that wasn't a very useful first post. From my lurking I thought you were mainly a tourney player.

I guess since I'm writing I may as well give my analysis of what your hand could be, please bear in mind I'm really horrible at poker.
So here goes,
I don't think you have trips because 3 handed I would expect a reraise from a PP pre flop.
I don't think you have a straight because I wouldn't expect you to make the flop raise with a gut shot.
You might have Q10 or QJ but I can't imagine you calling the turn all in with that, especially after he's called your flop raise so he surely has something
The only thing I can think of is that you had 3-5....I'm kind of doubtful, but I can't think of anything else you could have.

Hmm....anyway, probably a bad 2nd post. Maybe I'll go for 3rd time lucky.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:56:36 PM by A_Leper » Logged
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »

ok, i sat on 4 $5/10 tables, all 6 handed and was on the immediate left of good2cu on 3 of the tables, after a while i noticed he was raising from the SB everytime it was folded to him. I had re-raised him twice, just randomly and he had insta folded. This table then began to break and we were 3 handed.

So he raises from the SB and I  call in the BB with my hand, i know he is bettin any flop so i have pre-meditated to raise any un-cordinated board regardless of weather it hit me or not. The flop was Q 3 4 and he made a continuation bet. Sticking to my plan i raised as this flop doesnt hit many hands hard. He then called my raise, with 2nd pair no kicker out of position, i think this was a bad play, almost no turn card is good for him, and he is almost certain to face more heat from me which unless he has an immaculate read he has to fold the hand a very large % of the time.

My hand was in fact 6 7, but that didnt affect the way i played the flop, if i had 8 9 i make the same bets on flop and turn but obviously have to fold to the all in. When you get all in on stars the cards are not revealed until after the river and when he shoved the turn i was sure he had a set and was suprised to see his hand at the end. It was his flop play that bemused me as i know he is a good player, not exactly sure what he is hoping for.

I thought it was an intersting hand, to show how to be creative in cash games when you get to the higher levels and if anyone could pick our hands from the betting action. Just to clarify im not raising my gut-shot draw for value and would be firing a 2nd barrell regardless on the turn. However once I make my hand I have to bet big in order to get his stack in if he has a good hand, I think he shoves in with AA/KK here not givin me any real credit. low-medium stakes cash is easy to beat if you have the patience to ensure you have the best hand when the $$ goes in, but once you get to 5/10, 10/20 there are so many good players that the cards almost become irrelevant at times.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:42 PM »

ok, i sat on 4 $5/10 tables, all 6 handed and was on the immediate left of good2cu on 3 of the tables, after a while i noticed he was raising from the SB everytime it was folded to him. I had re-raised him twice, just randomly and he had insta folded. This table then began to break and we were 3 handed.

So he raises from the SB and I  call in the BB with my hand, i know he is bettin any flop so i have pre-meditated to raise any un-cordinated board regardless of weather it hit me or not. The flop was Q 3 4 and he made a continuation bet. Sticking to my plan i raised as this flop doesnt hit many hands hard. He then called my raise, with 2nd pair no kicker out of position, i think this was a bad play, almost no turn card is good for him, and he is almost certain to face more heat from me which unless he has an immaculate read he has to fold the hand a very large % of the time.

My hand was in fact 6 7, but that didnt affect the way i played the flop, if i had 8 9 i make the same bets on flop and turn but obviously have to fold to the all in. When you get all in on stars the cards are not revealed until after the river and when he shoved the turn i was sure he had a set and was suprised to see his hand at the end. It was his flop play that bemused me as i know he is a good player, not exactly sure what he is hoping for.

I thought it was an intersting hand, to show how to be creative in cash games when you get to the higher levels and if anyone could pick our hands from the betting action. Just to clarify im not raising my gut-shot draw for value and would be firing a 2nd barrell regardless on the turn. However once I make my hand I have to bet big in order to get his stack in if he has a good hand, I think he shoves in with AA/KK here not givin me any real credit. low-medium stakes cash is easy to beat if you have the patience to ensure you have the best hand when the $$ goes in, but once you get to 5/10, 10/20 there are so many good players that the cards almost become irrelevant at times.

Quality post.

You are still a fish.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 07:13:41 PM »

Good2cu is a Ship it Holla crew member.

http://www.shipitholla.com/crew/player_profile_good2cu_1/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:24:58 PM by Horneris » Logged

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »