blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Live from the Gutshot
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live from the Gutshot  (Read 42824 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2005, 04:46:54 AM »

Well, had a great evening, & a big thanks to Tighty for stayng here to Updatre, after sufffering a horrible & early exit. He's a top bloke.

I let myself down tonight. Very aggressive early, I was soon down to the felt, but hung in. I had a great mid-comp, slowly working my way to very nearly chip leader 3 tables out, mainly without seeing flops - several misreads went through un-corrected. But then I fell into my old habit of "freezing" & played badly, though I had a real tough seat, but no excuses. Come the Final, for about the 8 zilionth time, I was Billy Low-Stack, & to make it worse, was in the BB first hand. A hand later I found  asp but it was no match for  ad ks

But the revelation tonight was Jen, this Lady has game, real game. She gave me a torrid time in the Blinds, & made some real ballsy plays, she's as brave as a brave thing.

Anyway, had a ball, great fun, now I got a heap of writing to do, & it's 04.45, & my train home is at 0610. I'm a 4/7 shot to fall asleep on the train, miss Derby, & end up in Sheffield, & 10/11 to fall asleep on the way back to Derby & miss that too. Done it many times!

Thanks again to Tighty, to all who tuned in, & to everyone here at Gutshot.

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2005, 05:27:41 AM »

There is something approaching a sensation here. I made the Final with 12k, & me & Thewy's long-time buddy, Ian "The Belly" Oldershaw, from Gala Notts, had exactly the same. Niow he's Heads-Up, & level on chips! His Oppo is the guy who made the Final as Chip Daddy, who has a real lairy game, but made plenty of brave plays.

Unbelievable.

Go Belly!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2005, 05:38:07 AM »

Belly Rumbles on - of the 360,000 chips in play he has no less thn 345,000. But he loses the next hand with his J-3 v 4-5.

They have taken £4,400 each, & are playing for £200, plus the Gold Gutshot Ring. And Pride.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2005, 05:41:48 AM »

Belly down to a mere 299,00, then moves in with  ts but walks into  ah asp

Now its 238k v 122k.

Not over yet!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2005, 05:47:20 AM »

Belly now 280k v 80k - & the meter on this pay-'puter is about to run out. Doh!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2005, 05:49:32 AM »

Belly Flops? No way, he wins it with a monster -  ks two hearts

WHAT a Hero.

And a top bloke too. Sorry to be so biased, but he's a long-term big buddy of mine, & I could not be more happy if I'd won it myself.

No Belly-Busters here!

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2005, 08:34:10 AM »

nice win for Ian, the guys getting back in form Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2005, 08:42:21 AM »

and I got busted by the winner, about 12 hours ago

Well done Belly!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2005, 09:13:37 AM »

First things first. I've just LOST my entire post thanks to having my session 'time out'....BUGGGGER.....

Got in from the Gutshot and figured I'd write up the events from my perspective (while catching up on laundry...Poker God? Domestic God? errrrrrrrrr.....the jury is still out....). I'm not a happy bunny having typed LOTS only to have it disappear (I'm in a 24hr access suite on campus and my recent internet access has been sporadic to say the least).

Well, no matter. Suffice to say that I really enjoyed meeting up with TightEnd, Tikay, ActionJack and Jen last night (A great bunch and thanks for the words of encouragement!).

This is my original post in bullet point form.

- Arrive late, told comp is full then told one spare seat (everyone had been playing for a while when I sat down as I was in seat 10 and blinds reached me as I took my seat...NICE WELCOME).

- Treble up with two pair 45os within 10mins of sitting down.

- Moved downstairs and couldn't catch any cards other than AA which only got me the blinds.

- Moved back upstairs then the fun began. AA THREE more times....twice consecutively!!

- Lost massive pot with KK vs AK when he (Huey finished 4th) hit an ace on Turn.

- Final table with 46k (just behind 4th place in chips..).

- Reraise Charlie (Matey boy who outdrew Jen and eventually finished 2nd £4,400!!!) with AK for all his chips (he had enough left to get away from it). He calls with JK and hits a jack on the river to virtually end my chances unless I happened to double up which I didn't.

- Out in 6th...made a stand from the BB (Blinds 3/6k and I'm in BB with 21k total). Huey makes it 20k to go and I gamble with 45os (I figure I have 2 live cards and I I'll be down to 13k after my SB).

All in all, a VERY enjoyable evening. The Gutshot seems like a great place to play so will be showing my face there again though not this weekend. GOOD LUCK to all those Blondites that will be there for the BIG ONE....

Cheers,

Will.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2005, 09:16:44 AM »

- Reraise Charlie (Matey boy who outdrew Jen and eventually finished 2nd £4,400!!!) with AK for all his chips (he had enough left to get away from it). He calls with JK and hits a jack on the river to virtually end my chances unless I happened to double up which I didn't.

OUCH!! A pleasure to meet you Will. The J falling was typical of lairy boy all night.

Well done though, you seem to have a good game...anyone who can get the dealer to give them AA four times in a night is obviously talented!!

My eyes are open wide
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2005, 09:20:44 AM »

LOL....Cheers mate....will be happy to swap you my secret in return for 'THAT' telephone number (nudge, nudge...).

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2005, 09:25:34 AM »

No, I worked hard for that number!

My eyes are open wide
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2005, 09:30:11 AM »

Fair Do's....I might just have to spread the word that you've been registered for 'the special' poker comp they were looking to fill last night....hehe...see how well that impresses her!!

Catch you later mate...I'm in need of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2005, 10:36:51 AM »

The Full result for the sake of completeness was as follows...inclusive of all deals

1. Ian Oldershaw        4600
2. Charlie Sanderson   4400
3. Daniel Patel           2034
4. Huy Nguyen          1695
5. Paul Munday          1356
6. Will Campbell          1017
7. Harry Ball                 678
8. Matt Radus              508
9. Tikay                      339
10. Islam Il-Haq            200
11. Lofti Boughhanmi    150
12. Karl MahrenHolz       150
13 Jen Mason               150
14 Dan Samson             150
15 Patrick Walsh            150
16 Bill James                  150

tonight is the £200 PlO freezeout, tomorrow the £100 PLH rebuys....tikay playing both
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 11:12:31 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2005, 11:11:38 AM »

Well done Ian, nice result

Whish I could have been there to see what your pram looked like with toys in  Wink

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: