blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273125 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Cardiff GUKPT: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cardiff GUKPT: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 42038 times)
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2007, 12:56:40 AM »

Hey Karabiner how was the blind structure in Cardiff for ya ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »

Any hat that can keep Dave Smith under it must be respected  Roll Eyes

His extraordinary win with 55 v a flopped broadway, I calculated (with some help fom a Poker Odds Calculator...) that he was a 96.3% to 2.8% underdog on the flop!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2007, 02:04:05 AM »

Hey Karabiner how was the blind structure in Cardiff for ya ?

Well unfortunately I didn't make it Foxy, but most said it was pretty good.

How did you find it ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2007, 02:04:18 AM »

What time they finish, or how many do they play down to tonight, please?

The 'ol fella is tired, & the clocks do something odd tonight I believe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »

As Simon Zach's Aces hold up, a rather less brisk affair is occuring on the neighbouring table, Steve Jelinek and Andrew Feldmen the men involved.

With a flop of Qd-9h-3s on the felt, Steve Jelinek is being asked for his stack size, to which Steve replies with an approximate answer. On hearing the response, Andrew confidently slides in 32k into a 45k pot, only for an equally confident Jelinek to swiftly announce all-in and shovel in the rest of his chips.

Clearly pained by the decision ahead, Feldman, who, incidentally, is a true 'heart on his sleeve' type of young player, asks for a chip count. As the dealer fumbles around, coming up with incorrect sums, Feldman becomes gradually more and more irritable, and eventually asks the supervisor to count, an action which results in Big Mike from Southampton announcing a Jelinek all-in of 106k more.

Still struggling with his decision and balancing up the pros and cons of calling, he starts to probe his more experienced opponent with a few questions, one of which was the inevitable posers, "Do you have a Queen?" and "What do you have?" to which Steve amusingly answers, "2-4 off."

Finally, and I mean finally, he did indeed make a call to show his Tens, and although Steve lied about the 2-4, he was still behind with J-9. Slightly disappointed, Steve congratulated his opponent and admitted, "Good call" as the Turn and River brought blanks.

Feldman inevitably shouted "Yes", in a way that reminded me of a 2006 young gun of similar ilk in James Atkin, and even high fived a friend on the rail. Slightly off if you ask me, but I guess he's young and a tad naive, so I'd forgiven him this time - plus, it was a jolly good call.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2007, 02:05:12 AM »

Ben Vinson finishes in 18th place for £2,200

Alan Davis raised preflop, and Ben found a push in the small blind (probably correctly reading that Alan wouldn't want to call what was a shorter but not insignificant stack).  But Eliott Bowker in the big blind found and took him on (Alan passing).
Ben showed
Flop: 
Turn:   
River: 

---------------------------------------------------

Just as I was walking away after this a big shout from the spectators on Vicky's table signalled a hand which was bad for her, good for all-in Stefano Fiore, whose A-Q spiked a rivered Queen to beat her pocket Eights.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2007, 02:08:52 AM »

Yes, at 2am it suddenly becomes 3am, or something like that.  Great; one less hour of sleep.

They will almost certainly play to the final table, if it can be squeezed in to tonight.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2007, 02:11:02 AM »

Yes, at 2am it suddenly becomes 3am, or something like that.  Great; one less hour of sleep.

They will almost certainly play to the final table, if it can be squeezed in to tonight.

In effect, then, they only have 90 minutes left to play.

badhaircut

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2007, 02:13:58 AM »

COME ON ELL.  GET in Mate  Elliot to win.  Probably come to rail tomorrow if he is on final table, was meant to meet up with him on thursday but aunty fell and broke her hip so have been following through blonde.  Thanks for updates.  Good luck Elliot
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2007, 02:14:38 AM »

This is Andrew Feldman, riding the adrenaline rollercoaster but still managing to make calculated decisions.

ihatethevic

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »

As Simon Zach's Aces hold up, a rather less brisk affair is occuring on the neighbouring table, Steve Jelinek and Andrew Feldmen the men involved.

With a flop of -9h-3s on the felt, Steve Jelinek is being asked for his stack size, to which Steve replies with an approximate answer. On hearing the response, Andrew confidently slides in 32k into a 45k pot, only for an equally confident Jelinek to swiftly announce all-in and shovel in the rest of his chips.

Clearly pained by the decision ahead, Feldman, who, incidentally, is a true 'heart on his sleeve' type of young player, asks for a chip count. As the dealer fumbles around, coming up with incorrect sums, Feldman becomes gradually more and more irritable, and eventually asks the supervisor to count, an action which results in Big Mike from Southampton announcing a Jelinek all-in of 106k more.

Still struggling with his decision and balancing up the pros and cons of calling, he starts to probe his more experienced opponent with a few questions, one of which was the inevitable posers, "Do you have a Queen?" and "What do you have?" to which Steve amusingly answers, "2-4 off."

Finally, and I mean finally, he did indeed make a call to show his Tens, and although Steve lied about the 2-4, he was still behind with J-9. Slightly disappointed, Steve congratulated his opponent and admitted, "Good call" as the Turn and River brought blanks.

Feldman inevitably shouted "Yes", in a way that reminded me of a 2006 young gun of similar ilk in James Atkin, and even high fived a friend on the rail. Slightly off if you ask me, but I guess he's young and a tad naive, so I'd forgiven him this time - plus, it was a jolly good call.
He may be young but is certainly not naive. He is an experienced cash game palyer, also an annoying little, obnoxious prick. He is well known for doing this sort of thing. Only a matter of time befor someone lamps him.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2007, 02:20:02 AM »

Here are some very very approx chip counts for you. I have to whiz through these because it's as mad as a box of monkeys down there at the moment with everything changing in a matter of minutes.

Michael Greco -- 140k
Roberto Romanello -- 220k
Steve Cragi -- 260k
Elliot Bowker -- 315k
Stepehn Slavin -- 85k
Dave Smith -- 45k
Simon Zach -- 220k
Alan Davies -- 40k

Tony Mackay -- 155k
Stefano Fiore -- 90k
Kayshan Muthy -- 95k
Ian Nelson -- 180k
Vicky Coren -- 90k
Robert Forsman -- 85k
Andrew Feldman -- 380k
Hoss Parhizkar -- 250k
Anthony Romanello -- 110k
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2007, 02:23:27 AM »

As Simon Zach's Aces hold up, a rather less brisk affair is occurring on the neighbouring table, Steve Jelinek and Andrew Feldmen the men involved.

With a flop of -9h-3s on the felt, Steve Jelinek is being asked for his stack size, to which Steve replies with an approximate answer. On hearing the response, Andrew confidently slides in 32k into a 45k pot, only for an equally confident Jelinek to swiftly announce all-in and shovel in the rest of his chips.

He may be young but is certainly not naive. He is an experienced cash game player, also an annoying little, obnoxious prick. He is well known for doing this sort of thing. Only a matter of time before someone lamps him.

When I say naive, I mean in terms of live poker etiquette rather than poker skill. James Atkin was the same last year. Online whiz entering the uk circuit, hollering at every victory and shouting on each loss - as I said, 'real heart on the sleeve' stuff. Like Feldman, not intentionally obnoxious I'm sure, but still not nice for the other players who have just done their bollox. However, I'm sure the more he plays live, the more he'll realise that it isn't really acceptable behaviour among his fellow players, just as James did as we crept into 2007. I'm sure he's a top lad off the table, just needs to learn to take it quietly on.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2007, 02:25:01 AM »

Sorry Welsh fans, rumour has it that Alan Davies is out, I'm sure Jen has the details.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2007, 02:29:46 AM »

Alan Davis finishes in 17th place - £2,200

Severely short stacked now with less than 50k, Steve Craig could afford to call his all in raise with , finding Alan with .
Flop: 
Turn: 
River:    and a groan goes up from the local supporters, as he calmly gets up, necessitating table balance, which could be interesting for Simon Zach, dependent on who they put to his left.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: