blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2733 2734 2735 2736 [2737] 2738 2739 2740 2741 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332776 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41040 on: February 02, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »

Are you just posting so you don't get fined Tony?

Did he do an interview last night? Probably better if he had not, he must have been pretty miffed at that last play.

Did you notice him pre-game, pointedly taking a handful of "Skittles", sort of stage-managed for the TV cameras? No idea what his endorsement contract must be worth, but I fancy he gives them really good value.   

I'm just starting to identify the "characters" in NFL, which makes it so much more interesting. Think Lynch is my current # 1. At first, I only recognized QB's, but I'm casting my eye wider now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41041 on: February 02, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »

Did he do an interview last night? Probably better if he had not, he must have been pretty miffed at that last play.

Did you notice him pre-game, pointedly taking a handful of "Skittles", sort of stage-managed for the TV cameras? No idea what his endorsement contract must be worth, but I fancy he gives them really good value.   

I'm just starting to identify the "characters" in NFL, which makes it so much more interesting. Think Lynch is my current # 1. At first, I only recognized QB's, but I'm casting my eye wider now.

Skittles need to employ someone with smaller hands IMO, or use a bigger bag.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41042 on: February 02, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »

Ha, maybe.

He's less than 6' tall, but weighs over 15 stone & it's all ripply muscly. Not the sort of chap we want to get in a scuffle with, ideally.

Got his photo on my bedroom wall, right next to Robbie.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41043 on: February 02, 2015, 10:44:58 AM »

Meanwhile, in Online Poker, I've just finalised my January results.

I play, almost exclusively, little (£5.50 & £11) PLO8 DYM's, usually 5 or 6 at a time, & 20 or 30 per session.

My January profit ended at £103.11. It's the 14th month out of 15 I've turned a profit, but it only averages around £!00 per month, 25% of which is "Reward Points" money. In total, I've turned £200 into just over £1,600 since I began my "Challenge". Took 15 months though, lol.

It only equates to around £0.20 profit per game (I played 403 DYM's in January), so I'm not exactly crushing, but I enjoy it immensely. Cost-effective? Not exactly, but I'm hopelessly addicted to poker, & I just enjoy the challenge. I'd lose money if I played bigger, I think, so will settle for what I seem able to do with reasonable competence. 

I'm such a nit, I just sit quietly in the corner, don't play many hands at all, & almost never play a hand that does not contain an Ace.

I suppose I should try opening up my ranges a bit, but I struggle to play what I consider "bad" hands. Most of my profit comes from mistakes (strategic SNG mistakes) by others.

Here endeth my chirp. £0.20 a game? BEAST MODE.

Click to see full-size image.

So what medication were you on when you opened J953 playing live PLO last week?

That is a hand that I would pass in my sleep in any position ever.

Ooh, nice one.

It was a situational thing, my hand was irrelevant really.

Almost uniquely, I was Table Captain, admittedly on a very soft table. I was Cut Off, Button was AWOL, & SB & BB were both extremely weak passive fit or fold jobs. I had not realised that UTG - who was very good - had limped in.

I had not expected to hit it, never mind as hard as I did. Just one of those odd situations. The plan was for any caller to check, & then I'd just steal it on the flop.

Prior to that, I had only ever shown down "proper" hands, so I was just mixing it up a bit. Think the kids call it range balancing, or population tendancies, or whatever.

I do have a bad weakness for suited aces & one gappers, too. I really adore playing PLO, I wish I could play it every day, & with age, I'm actually playing far wider ranges these days. It's just a shame I don't have enough "gamble" in me.

Bit sad there is not a PLO in the UKPC, but we have to cater for a wider majority, & everyone is mad daft on the 2 card game. One day, one day, long after I'm gone, players will come to recognize the sheer beauty of PLO.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:47:14 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41044 on: February 02, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

Coming from the King of PLO8, I am chuffed to hear that.

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

And we see this flop.....

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Had a great night (by my standards) last night, mind, made £51.

Ooohhhhh.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41045 on: February 02, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

Ha, maybe.

He's less than 6' tall, but weighs over 15 stone & it's all ripply muscly. Not the sort of chap we want to get in a scuffle with, ideally.

Got his photo on my bedroom wall, right next to Robbie.

Perfect description of Nakor.

Almost.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41046 on: February 02, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »

Speaking of crashed aircraft, did you see this- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/06/cold-war-secret-spy-plan-ice-sheet_n_5453443.html?utm_hp_ref=science
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kee_Bird

Cymru am byth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41047 on: February 03, 2015, 12:57:53 AM »

Views on the big transfer story of the evening, tikay?

Abdo in for Sawyer to partner Jim White at the business end of Transfer Deadline Day.

I get that she can pronounce all the names correctly, but that's not what this evening is all about. It'd be like replacing Jeff Stelling with Julian Warren.

The White/Sawyer TDD partnership is one of the highlights of the season. He bounces around like a ten year old backstage at wrestlemania. She turns to the camera, raises her eyebrows and smiles, before introducing a freezing Fraser Dainton, shivering outside Carrington.

What says the insider?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #41048 on: February 03, 2015, 01:11:44 AM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

Coming from the King of PLO8, I am chuffed to hear that.

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

And we see this flop.....

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Had a great night (by my standards) last night, mind, made £51.

Ooohhhhh.

You found a game that encourages and rewards tight play so I wouldn't worry too much, especially vs unknown opponents who are just having a punt. This might be an issue vs some regulars, but its not something they will pick up on too easily or be able to do much about. It is hard to estimate ranges in PLO especially as quite a few individuals play any A2XX hand in a similar manner. I'd try and find a deciding factor and price you need using the current SPR (and tournament situation of course). Going with the AK25 example above is probably fine, we have plenty of good cards around, and some of those lead to scoops.

I used to do regular checks of the other PLO8 regs on sharkscope and compare my results but there just aren't many about now. The daily 109 on Stars used to run every day almost without fail, with a 3k guarantee. Now I'd say it runs maybe 25% of the time with a 2k guarantee and even failed to run on Sunday. I would say my O8 game is probably a bit weaker than it has been  before. When it took up the majority of my volume I'd have said I was number one for the tournaments but trying to learn a million game types, plus the mind boggling thing that is NLHE now probably made me a bit worse. I managed to take down the NL SD 2-7 on sunday, a new title to the belt Tongue Just need a badugi win and I'll be up there with the Stu Rutters of this world.

Excited for Vegas this year? UKPC? I felt sure I saw you mention there wasn't a PLO event this time around, which would be a crying shame. An idea worth trying might be half hold'em half omaha but it could well end up resulting in noone playing!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41049 on: February 03, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »

Not sure if you play much on Stars, but I think this might interest you.

Might interest Adam as well...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/21/draw-other-poker/2-2-small-stakes-mtt-championship-wednesday-4-march-1508163/
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #41050 on: February 03, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »

Abdo in for Sawyer to partner Jim White at the business end of Transfer Deadline Day.

I get that she can pronounce all the names correctly, but that's not what this evening is all about. It'd be like replacing Jeff Stelling with Julian Warren.

The White/Sawyer TDD partnership is one of the highlights of the season. He bounces around like a ten year old backstage at wrestlemania. She turns to the camera, raises her eyebrows and smiles, before introducing a freezing Fraser Dainton, shivering outside Carrington.

What says the insider?

Didn't Ms Abdo do the closing shift last year? Seems to be the golden girl of 401.

She's like a female James Richardson, 20 years down the line, pronouncing every name with a French/Spanish/Italian accent at 100mph. Mark Johnson does similar in horseracing comms, notably when thinking Hadron Collider was a French name, and pronouncing it 'Ard-roarn Coll-ee-dare".

Definitely prefer the lovely Natalie to Kate. Will never understand the Jim White love, though, the guy is beyond annoying.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:08:14 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41051 on: February 03, 2015, 12:03:51 PM »

No. Ms Abdo was in the role played by Hayley MacQueen last night; the one standing up at the social media desk.

Maybe a role for her on sky poker, trying to work out how to pronounce B3evr618 and dgah4

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41052 on: February 03, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »

Not sure if you play much on Stars, but I think this might interest you.

Might interest Adam as well...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/21/draw-other-poker/2-2-small-stakes-mtt-championship-wednesday-4-march-1508163/

Thanks Adam.

I've not played on 'Stars for years, but that seems an interesting concept, that sort of "Championship". Not for me, but I'm sure many will like it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41053 on: February 03, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

Great link Carl, thank you.

Love the way they always say....

top secret

Never "secret", "low secret", "slightly secret", always "top secret".

Just 20 miles from Las Vegas, there is a lovely place called Mt Charlston, & a CIA top secret spy 'plane crashed there in 1955, & the wreckage still sits there to this day, got a memorial & everything.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41054 on: February 03, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »

What says the insider?

No view Tal Bloke.

Don't watch all that Transfer shite, I've got interesting stuff to research, 'plane crashes 50 years ago & other exciting stuff. 

You be at WHL this weekend, for the twice-annual embarrassment at the hands of the Arse?

Pages: 1 ... 2733 2734 2735 2736 [2737] 2738 2739 2740 2741 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: