blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - At A Glance  (Read 6819 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 11:32:20 AM »

I am going to pre-empt the actual end of play by a short ways today so we can either nip to the front of the taxi queue (it is absolutely ridiculous at this time of day) or get a lift with Stuart Fox - what a gent - he offered to drop us at the Orleans on the way to his apartment after he finishes playing his 12 hour day.  Bless.

Vanessa Rousso is indeed out, after building such a stack too - it all went when she flopped an underset - Fives under Queens on a 4-5-Q board.  Followed to the rail by the TV crews, she was relating the story to Chad Brown et al. 

Simon Hennessey has under 9,000 now, after getting involved with in a pot which included chip leader Carl Olsen (pictured).  "I run so bad.  Chip leader runs so good."  So chip leader raises to 2,200, which he was doing pretty much every hand (showing 2-4 off recently) and the big blind is, "a big fan of squeezing," so Simon risks just flat calling...no, no raise.  "I should have just f**ing raised," he laments, especially when the flop comes down K-3-5 rainbow and he checks, fully expecting a bet he can raise.  No, all four players in the hand check, while the turn brings a second heart.  Now he bets out 6k, and chip leader calls.  The river is the , bringing him a set of aces which he "duly paid off the 11k value bet with the flush."

-----------------------------

Just a few minutes left, so we've been ousted from the cardroom. Just as I was leaving though, I managed to spot the following faces:

Arnaud Mattern
Richard 'Tafftour'
Simon Hennessey
Jason Alexander
Stuart Fox
Ernst Hermans
Mark Gregorich
Patric Bueno
Silent Sam
Humberto Brenes
Amnon Filipi
Richard Connolly
Todd Brunson
Allen Cunningham
Chris Ferguson
Robert Varkonyi
Sylvester Geoghegan
Daniel Palmer
Paul Cryan
Peter Smythe
Hassan Habib
Steve Dannenmann
Jonas Molander
Rene Agnelil
Chad Brown
Oscar Blanco
Marc Naalden
Ben Roberts
Phil Gordon
Mick McCloskey

Righteo, that's it for today, must dash, Foxy's giving us a lift.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:34:00 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: