blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  HU banter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HU banter  (Read 19942 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »

Looks like the youths can't make the sunday something about shift down t'mine  

so i am selling myself to the lowest bidder..

more than welcome in the choir.

WOW didn't realise I was going that cheap, OK i'm in
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »

sorry guys please remove team ITB from the heads up comp as there is a county pool match on the sunday so most of the team will be travelling back sunday morning.

didnt see the comp had been moved to sunday! whose silly idea was that? cant see us making 16 teams like last time because of day swap

Have to agree...if the HU is to be held on the sunday...very difficult day for most..if i can make the bash, sunday afters would be a no go 4 me too.

See what you've done Kin, you've got together such a strong team together that the others are running scared.

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that Team Chorlton have announced our intentions to defend the title.....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2007, 10:32:39 AM »

sorry guys please remove team ITB from the heads up comp as there is a county pool match on the sunday so most of the team will be travelling back sunday morning.

didnt see the comp had been moved to sunday! whose silly idea was that? cant see us making 16 teams like last time because of day swap

Have to agree...if the HU is to be held on the sunday...very difficult day for most..if i can make the bash, sunday afters would be a no go 4 me too.

See what you've done Kin, you've got together such a strong team together that the others are running scared.

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that Team Chorlton have announced our intentions to defend the title.....

Who?

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »

Sunday is going to be tricky for my 'Gods of Poker' team too, but understand the reasoning behind holding it that day. Last time looked like an absolute nightmare for Kev to organise lol Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2007, 10:51:11 AM »

Sunday is going to be tricky for my 'Gods of Poker' team too, but understand the reasoning behind holding it that day. Last time looked like an absolute nightmare for Kev to organise lol Smiley

That was the reasoning Matt - and it also gives those that go deep in the ME (whatever doing deep means - no rude comments) get a chance to play in the HU event.  There's not going to be a solution that suits everyone though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2007, 10:53:11 AM »

Who?

Click to see full-size image.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »

Who?
Deletes photo of accumulated luckboxes

That was last time, I'm back

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2007, 12:07:20 PM »

Who?

Click to see full-size image.

Claire - why are you standing in a hole?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »

Claire - why are you standing in a hole?

I am a shortarse petite

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »

That was the reasoning Matt - and it also gives those that go deep in the ME (whatever doing deep means - no rude comments) get a chance to play in the HU event.  There's not going to be a solution that suits everyone though.

imo my opinion the tournament has been devalued by switching it to sunday.

people come from all over the country for the event and have to leave early sunday as most have work to get to on monday.

yes it took alot of organising and at times was a nightmare last time but theres got to be a better way than transfering to sunday afternoon.
maybe each team should have 6 players to choose from so if a player is going deep in the main event team captains have a bigger squad to choose from.

personally i think that ironsides being a lazy b stard and doesnt want to put the work in kev and ginger did last time now hes in charge  

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »

maybe each team should have 6 players to choose from so if a player is going deep in the main event team captains have a bigger squad to choose from.

What if they had 2 players go deep in the ME?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2007, 12:25:26 PM »

A number of teams did last time - and so reserves had to be drafted in.  It meant that some of the 'teams' weren't actually teams. I think it was a case of either abandoning the HU event or looking for an alternative solution this time.  It might be that the solution we've come up with isn't ideal - and we might have to try something else next time.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »

i new there would be one smart arse. Wink

i didnt say it would eradicate the problem just that it would ease it

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »

A number of teams did last time - and so reserves had to be drafted in.  It meant that some of the 'teams' weren't actually teams. I think it was a case of either abandoning the HU event or looking for an alternative solution this time.  It might be that the solution we've come up with isn't ideal - and we might have to try something else next time.

if you had bigger squads they would all be part of the team thus nobody has to be drafted in

i still think its cos ironsides a lazy bstard lol

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »

I understand your point - and whatever we'd decided would have been the right thing for some, and no good for others. 

On the bright side though, it frees up 10 minutes of your time on the Saturday night now... Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: