blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Broadway Festival of Poker: Day 1 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broadway Festival of Poker: Day 1 - At A Glance  (Read 7804 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 11:10:07 PM »

And the call of the day award goes to...

That's Mad Turk, just in case nobody got the Catchphrase-esque clue - I thought Yucel Eminoglu might have been a bit tricky.

Anyhow, what a call it was, and one that led to the untimely exit of the far from timid Ken Broad. It was Ken who actually started the action, raising it up to 800 pre-flop and being called in two places, Peter 'The Bandit' Evans and Turk in the blind.

The Flop came    and everyone checked. The turn was the , which led to Turk betting 3k, Ken raising to 7k, Bandit folding and Turk flat calling.

River time, and the dealer popped out a seemingly irrelevant , but it was one in which seemed to trigger an all-in from Broad for 14k after the Mad Turk had checked.

Think tank time, but Turk eventually made a truly class call for all but 1.5k of his chips with Pocket Fives, catching his opponent and his Big Slick with fingers firmly clinging onto the side of the cookie jar.

Could anyone else have called that? I told Yucel I would have made the call easy peasy, and a few seconds quicker than him (cough).
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »

There has been a flurry of exits the last 15 mins.  After Mickey Wernick went down to 2.5k, he called a small raise with    against Ram Lakha.  The flop came:

Two Diamonds  all the chips went in from Mickey with his flush draw but Lakha called with    for top pair and no improvement for Mickey meant his exit.

Lakha is the small stack annihilator also disposing of K Vasilliou's    with a mighty  .

Another casualty is Peter "the bandit" Evans but sorry neither of us saw his exit happen.

We have 52 left on an average of 18,500.

Short break and 200 / 400 on their return.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »

We lost A Pearce no thanks to Julian Thew.  Julian made up a raise with     the flop was 9 high but with 2 diamonds.  Julian bet out 2k and young Pearce went all in for his remaining 6k with  .  Jules called the outstanding 4k and golden round things hit a diamond on the river.  To quote Mr Thew "If I knew how much the lad had left, I would have check raised instead of betting out 2k."

Also sorry to Peter Evans, he is not out at all but just went for brisk walk earlier.  I'm gonna blame the card room manager for this but of info but in the same sentence gonna praise him highly for getting me and snoops FREE baguettes because i sniffly told me we missed the buffet earlier!!!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »

Peter Evans -- 22.8k
John Hopkins -- 17.5k
Steve Jelinek -- 12.5k
Essy Jahanpour -- 28.5k
Adam Wilkson -- 10.5k
Dave Colclough -- 33.2k
Julian Thew -- 35k
Greek Jack -- 15.2k
G Morris -- 16k
John Falconer -- 13.5k
Ian McDonald -- 6.2k
Peter Haslam -- 13.8k
Jamie Morris -- 6.4k
Stuart Fox -- 18.2k
Ali Mallu -- 20k
Ash Hussain -- 28k
R Simmonds -- 20.7k
Glynn Rees -- 20.5k
Barry Neville -- 14.3k
Des Jonas -- 21k
Michelle Shiels -- 8.3k
Frankie Knight -- 10.5k
Neil Blatchey -- 27.9k
Mohammed Hassan -- 12.3k
Marcus Bebb-Jones -- 6.1k
Ben Callinan -- 20k
Dean Mitchell -- 49k
Dan Carter -- 6k
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 12:13:59 AM »

Peter Evans is actually out now and very cruelly so too.  I caught it when Peter had gone all in on this board:

Ram Lakha dwelled but called with     against Peter's flopped set 

The river was the cruel  and Lakha improves his stack.

47 left average 28,000

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »

Steve Jelinek's out the door too, getting it all-in with K-T (straight draw), but being picked off by Tony Cartwright's A-Q on a Queen high board. The cheeky monkey had checked his top pair on the flop.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:31:19 AM »

Stuart Fox takes a hit with his AQ v KK all in preflop, no ace came and he was left with 7.5k.  Five minutes later, Stuart not happy to sit with his 7.5k he got it all in with AJ this time against 10 10, no help for Stuart and he is now OUT.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 12:55:28 AM »

With Stuart Fox recently hitting the deck, he is soon joined by mischevious running buddy Peter Haslam, the young whipper snapper getting his shortstack in with Pocket Jacks, but running into the... cue Chris de Burgh... "Laaaaaaaadies in Red" of R Simmonds which stood up effortlessly on a 5-4-A-8-5 board.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 01:06:07 AM »

Greek Jack is out at the hands of Welsh Dave.  Jack starts with 12k and raises it up, Dave makes a huge reraise something like 22k, everyone passes and Jack goes all for the remainder of his chips.  On their backs and Jack shows JJ and Dave shows AQ, a Queen flops and Jack is a gonna.  Here are some chip counts from that actual table.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 01:16:02 AM »

Dan Carter and his short stack is now out.  Matey boy in mid position raises it to 2,200, another chappy makes the call and Dan on the button pushes for 7,300.  Matey 1 folds and chappy instacalls with 

Dan proudly turns over    three clubs

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 01:22:02 AM »

Some more chipio countios:

Michael 'Valentino' Artemis -- 35k
Frankie Knight -- 11.3k
Des Jonas -- 21k
Stuart Rutter -- 14k
Neil Blatchley -- 19.5k
Ben Callinan -- 18.4k
Michelle Shiels -- 8.5k
Dave Colclough 60k (after Jack hand)
Mad Turk  24k
Adam Wilkinson  11k
Julian Thew  52k
Burnley John  16k
Barry Neville  15k

39 left, 24,700 average stack
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 01:50:24 AM »

As I spot Ronny Kotecha on the cash tables, thus, I assume, meaning he is long gone, I hear a boyant, uncharacteristic scream of delight come protruding from the other side of the room.

"COOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOON!" screams Burnley John, his all-in with Kings versus El Blondie's A-K surviving a 9-8-2-9-J board.

I don't where exactly he wanted us to go, but I was doing whatever he said. I've never been that scared before!
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 01:55:10 AM »

As I meander over to the adopted TV table I'm just in time to see shortie G Morris push for his last 3,600.  There was one caller but DC would not allow it and reraised another 10k.  Matey passes and its on their backs.

DC 
G Morris   two spades

Board is a sad state of affairs for the lad Morris

two hearts   

He out and Dave adds more to his ever growing stack.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 02:01:48 AM »

Colclough raised it up to 3.2k from the button, and swiftly called with when Wilko pushed for circa 7.5k with .

His head bowed down in the strange posture that only Dave adopts, El Blondie looked on curiously as the dealer popped out a clinical .

Wilkinson, now standing in anticipation, looked relieved, but there was a slight moment of panic when the Turn came a , but it soon dawned on the Midlander that he'd made a full house and had his opponent drawing dead.

-----------------------

The shiny headed but very amicable Marcus Bebb-Jones is also gone. He's one of the Midlands' most consistent performers, but he's going to have to wait till next time to cash in a Broadway Main Event, his swan song being A-9 (button) versus Matt Tyler's Pocket Cowboys (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ride em cowboy!) in the small blind.

"Took ages with those kings," reported Slade. "He still had the big blind behind him though, so we'll let him off."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 02:11:48 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 02:22:38 AM »

Some stuff thats gone down, Rob S thought it would be grand to double up Alli Mallu (well not really, but I bet he regrets it in the end).  KQ but Alli pushes with K9 and hits his 9.

Michelle Sheils is out, her  was looking good on a  flop, she went all in for her last 5k and was called by    who rivered an ACE - ouch.

Nick Slade is out too, Michael Artemis limps for 800 and Nick raises to 5k with his  .  Artemis calls with  , after the flop Nick moves all in for 4k more and Artemis having already hit his ace calls and Nick is OUT.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: