blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:17:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Luton Christmas Cracker: Final Day - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Christmas Cracker: Final Day - At A Glance  (Read 7725 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »

Dev Shearer --8k
Derek Lawless -- 177k
Arco Zuyderduyn -- 141k
Ali Mallu -- 116k
Ryan Fronda -- 17.1k

After being bashed down to 50/60k in the Tens v Aces hand, Ali moved into fifth gear before winning a big hand off Arca with a Q-T that Turned a straight. Arca folded to a bet on the River, but, nonetheless, Ali jumps back over the 100k mark.

Meanwhile, as I write, Dev Shearer doubles up with A-Ko in the big blind, the Midlander catching Ali Mallu with his hands in the cookie jar with 9-8o. A scary K-T-J-3-9 rainbow board later and the chips went to Dev. "Couldn't slip out of that one then, Ali," laughed Dev.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »

And another one bites the proverbial dust.

Ali Mallu raises to 6k from the button and Devon Shearer moves all in for another 2.7k. Call, obviously.

Ali -

Devon -

Board -

"Did you tell everyone how he stuck it up me?" Devon inquires of my reporting afterwards. Not quite, and although most astoundingly excellent hanging-on-for-fifth-place there, sir, Devon Shearer is nevertheless OUT in 5th place winning £3,310.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »

"One more double-up," joked Fronda, "and I fancy myself to take this one."

However, it wasn't to be, Fronda making his move from the button with after Arco had raised it up to 9k with three clubs . A two hearts gave Arco the straight and Fronda his jacket.

And so...

Ryan Fronda is OUT and becomes the 4th place finisher winning £4,410
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »

Arco Zuyderduyn is OUT and becomes the 3rd place finisher winning £5,510

Remember that Mallu fella? Well, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

As I raced into the cardroom, I saw hands on their backs and chips being counted out.

The board read with a lying in front of Mallu and an inferior before Arco.

Prising the information out of the victor (wiser decision), Ali told me that most of the action was on the Flop, Mallu betting 5k, Arco making it 15k, Mallu raising to 50k and Arco calling. Then, on the Turn, it was simply a matter of Arco moving all-in with his flush draw and Ali calling.

As a result, Arco was left with just 10k in chips, which went in on the very next hand. Ali insta-called with which survived a three clubs board against Arco's .

And now, we're heads up...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »

...Derek swiftly doubles up though. I wander in to see a board and Ali betting 7k. Derek raises some, and Ali calls. The river is the , and I believe it's Derek who shoves and Ali who does the calling (although it might have been the other way round. I don't think so though).

Derek Lawless - for the flopped flush

Ali Mallu - for the nut draw

River - and they look to be about even.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 07:45:03 PM »

Both players check a Two Diamonds flop. Derek checks the turn too, and folds to Ali's 10k bet. A disappointed Ali shows pocket Fives.

Now they see an unraised flop. Derek checks it and Ali bets 14k; Derek calls. The turn is the and again Derek checks. Ali bets a whopping 80k. Derek announces all in, a definitely-less-than-minimum raise. Ali passes, and a considerable chunk of the chips moves Derek's way. It's still anyone's game though. Derek suggests chopping it up, but Ali wants to play for the top spot. It seems pretty good-natured.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

With the chip stacks at approximately 225k to Lawless and 265k for Mallu, the two players have agreed to a deal by which Mallu takes home £10,500 and Lawless the rest, which amounts to £9,720.

"It's just a few big blinds," said Mallu.

However, my gut feeling is that Mallu requested the deal, as he knew he had the chip advantage and was happy to take home just that little bit more in spondoolies so he could simply say, "I won" and mark his return emphatically.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »

Naturally, with the deal agreed, it didn't take long for the chips to fly in, all at stake being the sparkling trophy.

Mallu =

Lawless =

Flop =

Turn = three diamonds

River =

Mallu down to the felt.

------------

The next hand, it was all-in again, Lawless limping, Ali raising half his stack (20k) and Lawless flat-calling. The board came three diamonds, and after Mallu pushed for his high denomination chips (25k), Lawless announced all-in and Mallu called. This time, Mallu was in even bigger trouble with his in need of a miracle against Lawless' . However, that miracle duly arrived on the Turn before the Eight-dodging River.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:59:57 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 08:04:07 PM »

Ali Mallu is OUT and becomes the 2nd place finisher officially winning £7,350

All-in again pre-flop.

Mallu =

Lawless =

Flop =

Turn =

River =

DEREK LAWLESS IS THE 2007 LUTON CHRISTMAS CRACKER CHAMPION OFFICIALLY WINNING £12,870
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: