blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400199 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »

He's such a little trooper!  Thanks for the updates and give him a wee hug from us.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »

So glad all is going well for Reece Maureen  Smiley

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 07:54:32 PM »

Glad to hear he's doing well xx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

I was talking about Reece on Christmas day and saying what a trooper he was - we were all thinking of you - fingers crossed Maureen x x x
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »

Maureen callled today. Reece has now "woken up", but he's not very happy with life. He won't sit up, or chat to anyone.

He's probably miffed that his Christmas has been interrupted!

I spoke to Maureen yesterday too, & she said that the quack - a modern thinking sort of guy - had suggested that Reece may be able to spend the day at home on New Yars Day, if no actual surgical treatment was needed that day, & he'd then return to Hossie the next day. Fingers crossed, it'd be nice for all of them if the whole family could spend New Years Day at home.

Big thanks to Maureen for keeping us all Updated.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »

Good to hear the news, as always our thoughts go to you all.

Bainn & Harmony.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »

I spoke to Maureen yesterday too, she sounded exhausted.

It's incredible how much of a strain it is, coping with this sort of situation, day after day, month after month. I tried to remind her to look after her self in all of this, but I don't know if she will.

Mind you, grannies are tough old birds.....

The older I get, the better I was.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »

I spoke to Maureen yesterday too, she sounded exhausted.

It's incredible how much of a strain it is, coping with this sort of situation, day after day, month after month. I tried to remind her to look after her self in all of this, but I don't know if she will.

Mind you, grannies are tough old birds.....

Especially Northern grannies, keep yourself well Maureen.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »

Well the little big man is taking it all in his stride, he is finding it hard to talk to us and this is so out of character as he is such a little chatterer. At 7 pm over 2 days since the op we got him to sit up, that is the first time he has got off his lay down position, but his surgeon said that he is coming in tomorrow to take him for a walk. His surgeon must be the most nicest person within his medical environment that we have met since Reece was born, he really is so committed, he cant stay away from him. He makes us feel that there is someone out there that is willing to give him a good chance at survival and trust me that is one bloody great feeling. I cant begin to describe what we are all going through, because words really will not even touch it, but calling Tony to give updates and talking to Tom especially is really helping, I will never be able to repay the kindness these fellas show to us.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »

Great news Maureen - he's sitting up and it's another milestone reached.

Keep thinking positive. I can't say anything more as it all seems so banal compared to the stuff you're going through, but we are all wishing you everything.

Tracey x x
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2007, 01:02:31 AM »

Well the little big man is taking it all in his stride, he is finding it hard to talk to us and this is so out of character as he is such a little chatterer. At 7 pm over 2 days since the op we got him to sit up, that is the first time he has got off his lay down position, but his surgeon said that he is coming in tomorrow to take him for a walk. His surgeon must be the most nicest person within his medical environment that we have met since Reece was born, he really is so committed, he cant stay away from him. He makes us feel that there is someone out there that is willing to give him a good chance at survival and trust me that is one bloody great feeling. I cant begin to describe what we are all going through, because words really will not even touch it, but calling Tony to give updates and talking to Tom especially is really helping, I will never be able to repay the kindness these fellas show to us.

great news.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2007, 07:39:45 AM »

As Tracey said its hard to think what to say.

I want to be there and give you all a big hug and words cant do that.

Another bridge has been crossed and slow but sure he will get there im sure :-)

My best wishes are with you Stacey, Maureen and Darren and please take care of each other xxxx
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2007, 08:14:19 AM »

So pleased everything is going well Maureen .

xx

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2007, 09:17:37 AM »

Reece still has a line infection so has not been able to have his TPN for 2nights as he keeps spiking a small temp. We made him get out of bed yesterday he took around 10 steps assisted by us but he still has canula's in both feet which make it slightly uncomfortable for  him to walk so he tiptoed. He was not too impressed by this show of cruelty by us but it was better for us to do it than the surgeon as he was getting a little upset when the medical teamcome near him for anything more than temps and bag drainage. Hopefully today will see a big change in him, if he has no further temps the canula's can come out of his feet and one of the drainage bags can come off. Darren and I are sleeping there tonight as we want to be with him new year and Stacey is going to go home for the night and maybe just maybe go out. Reece has his own little side room so we do get a bit more privacy in there than we would on the ward. He is so very brave and has not moaned aboutanything yet, taking into account he is only just 3 and is happy to lay in bed watching his DVD,s and letting us tell him stories, unreal really. I can't help but think back at a work colleague that had a blood test recently which caused a bruise on their arm, they never stopped looking at it and say owwww ohhhh look what they have done  to me then I look at Reece with all this and think you are one very special brave little man.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2007, 12:09:07 PM »

Thanks Maureen.

Well, another year has gone by, and Reece is still at the plate, batting like a good un.

I hope 08 is good to you and yours.

XX

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: