blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1b - At a glance
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1b - At a glance  (Read 17202 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

Table 11

Christian Grundtvig -- OUT
Stig Top Rasmussen -- OUT
Nazim Kicik -- 24,600
Gerd Wandel -- 19,800
Daniel Ryan -- 24,900
Ben Grundy -- 20,000
Jan Heitmann -- 23,000
Sigfried Stockinger -- 12,800
Sebastian Freudenberg -- 6,900
Kai Herold -- OUT
Jonas Soerensen -- 6,525

Table 18

Henrik Lennholm -- OUT
Remy Biechel -- 1,900
Pascal Perrault -- 21,300
Frank Werder -- 17,100
Derya Apuhan -- 4,675
Benjamin Kang -- 20,000
Brandon Schaefer -- 17,800
Harald Dohm -- 14,300
--
Thor Hansen -- 12,075

Table 16

Peter Ameskamp -- OUT/Moved
Christian Taepper -- 13,650
Luis Tier -- ??
Horst Koch -- 5,400
Pouya Pouya Majd -- 30,000
Guillaume de la Gorce -- 9,400
Stuart Rutter -- 13,075
Henrik Sjöberg -- OUT/Moved
Vincent Courtois -- 6,975
Tomas Brolin -- 16,625

Table 17

Luca Pagano -- OUT
Nikolaos Panopoulos -- 6,025
Hugo Marialva Felix -- 9,900
Nicolas Levi -- 43,500
Rasmus Edenfall -- OUT/Moved
Antony Lellouche -- 8,450
Luis David Sevilla Petit -- ?14,500?
Tyler Friederich -- 24,925

Table 13

Rami Boukai -- OUT?
Frederik Hostrup-Pedersen -- OUT
Markus Neuhoeffer -- 5,600
Roy von der Locht -- 13,700
Ben Wolbers 1 -- 25,000
Andreas Hoivold -- 19,700
Gleb Privalov -- OUT
Rolf Slotboom -- 16,300
Felix Pham -- OUT
Michael Finn -- 20,000
Patrick Bueno -- 5,175

Table 12

Ulrich Trautenberg -- 18,125
Alexander Clauss -- 10,950
Markus Gisdol -- 4,450
David Lacoste -- OUT
Georgios Gatselos -- 9,800
Dario De Angelis -- 12,750
Marciano Elie -- 8,625
Drobyna Denys -- 9,500
Andrew Atmaca -- 19,200
Anthony Spinella -- 13,100

And the other table:

Aram Sargsyan -- 14,850
Michael Lang -- 16,700
Fabio Bianchi -- 10,775
Maurizio Carra -- 16,350
Kenan Satici -- 14,400
Marcus Tandler -- 24,575

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »

I am tentatively going to suggest that this gent here, Nicolas Levi, might well be one of if not the chip leader currently, if I have correctly assigned chip stacks to absent diners...  he's come close a few times, and was also in the background of the final table pics from EPT Prague where his mate and all round nice guy Arnaud Mattern (pictured below) took the cake.  Expect some enthusiastic railing on Day Two if either or both of these players continue on the way they've started this tournament...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »

And following on from Jen, here is the final table, table 14.

14   1   ??      14200
14   2   Marten Jensen      9125
14   3   Daniel Carter      14150
14   4   Bertrand Grospellier   25125
14   5   Marcel Luske      19275
14   6   Van Leest      11200
14   7   Michael Keiner      8775
14   8   Frank Rotter      6275
14   9   Eric Larcheveque   10400

I stopped by Dan Owston's table. He is still hovering around 8k or so..."Got lots of these chips!" he said brightly, before pointing to a largish stack of green chips (the smallest denomination 25 chips)...

..."er, did you enjoy the dinner. Worth €70?" I ask.

..."well it was worth 70p" was his dismissive response. "Nah, it wasn't that bad. Best meal I've had since....thursday!" Good to see Dan laughing and joking.

I managed to snap a quick pic of him, in full Marcel Luske mode. Let's hope he can emulate Marcel's chip accumulation skills as accurately as his sunglass orientation technique.

Here was Ram Vaswani, fresh back from the dinner break and relishing the opportunity to further add to his growing stack.

In case any of you doubt the depth of support for Miss Obrestad and Mr Negreanu behold the ever present crowds surrounding their table. Believe it or not, these two snaps are during a quiet moment!

(That's Kid Poker getting the massage in the foreground from one of the skilled massage girls, Suki)

(Annette is the small brunette, positioned in seat 8 of the right hand table)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »

This just in...

Prize Pool for Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: €3,288,000 meaning an estimated top prize of around €800k!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »

Daniel Negreanu was fortunately in the process of doing a quick audit of his chips as I pass him by so handily, I was able to see he had a tad under 20k.

Stuart Rutter was crippled not long ago. He called me over and I saw straight away things were bad...

"I can't win a race" he said exasperatedly. "Lost a 19k pot AK v QQ..." Poor guy looked so glum. Pretty much every tournament I've done updates on for blonde, Stuart Rutter has had zero luck and, illogical though it is, you can't help but feel semi-responsible. Nontheless, he may be scarf-less today, but he is not yet chip-less, and with 4k it is still possible he could make an exciting comeback, and we'll all be cheering for one of the nice guys of poker if he does. Come on Stu!

A large, stocky semi-mohicanned man was seen belllowing with joy, and deafening all those nearby as he raked in an enormous 30k pot.

How this hand played out I don't know but I could see a board of T-3-4-8-A and the large mohicanned man holding A-J in front of him whilst his somewhat slimmer opponent(who looked like a stick man next to mohican man) had the initially dominating but ultimately vanquished Q-Q sitting in front of him.  It was hard to see where the bulk of the chips went in, but if it was pre-river and that is where the ace fell then Q-Q man was incredibly unlucky to lose such a critical pot.

Sadly both players had disposed of the cards they have been requested to keep near them, so I can't identify them. Mohican man and stick man they will remain for now...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 09:44:08 PM »

Elky Fails To Accumulate Really Really Big Stack News Now (courtesy of Marc Convey):

The chip leader (until a minute ago) has been playing fast and loose, raising all the time preflop and generally starting to annoy left-hand-side neighbour Marcel Luske, who was to be heard muttering good-naturedly about how, "I'm not going to let you push me around...steal my blinds...steal their blinds..." etc.

The fateful raise came from Grospellier on the cutoff, and button Luske called the most recent EPT champ - blind - preflop.

The flop came .  Elky bet out 1,300, and the Dutchman, with more words to the effect of, "No more of your irksome table captaincy..." just pushed, for 17k(!).  Elky thought about it for a while before saying that he wasn't prepared to lay that hand down, and called.
Grospellier: 
Luske:

No improvement and he's doubled up a formidable opponent in position on him.  But this is the second knock-back from chip lead to well-above-average - I am sure the young Frenchman can deal with it.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »

At 200 - 400 - 50, stealing and perhaps more importantly re-stealing is a fine art that can augment the better players' stacks considerably. It is a fine line between success and failure though.

First off we had Russell Carson raising to 800 from the hijack, only to be met by Ricardo Sousa (I beleive) re-raising to 2,800 from the button. (re-steal attempt perhaps?)

The curly haired youngster Carson asked Ricardo how much he had back (roughly 15k) before saying quietly "I reriase" and making it an additional 8k...

Sousa's cards hit the muck superquick, indicating a re-steal gone wrong, whilst Carson happily bagan adding the chips to his already bulging 25k stack.

(I told you this re-stealing is complicated...)

Click to see full-size image.

Next there was Michael Durrer raising to 1500 from the hijack and again running into a button raise from the quiet but aggressive Annette Obrestad.

Michael only had about anohter 5k behind so he shoved it in and Annette called very quickly, holding to Michael's dominated .

Both players watched the flop carefully.

three diamonds.

"I'd like a King please dealer" Michael requested. If only it were that easy...

TURN:

"ooooohhhhhhh" went the assembled rail at the increased threat of an outdraw.

"Deuce deuce deuce" was the high pitched plea from the young Norwegian.

RIVER:

So, no outdraw, no bad beat, jsut another elimination as Michael shook Annette's hand and joined the rail whilst Obrestad's stack has grown to close to 30k and she is becoming an ever-growing threat to take down the competition, even if we are still at a relatively early stage of proceedings.

Dan Negreanu(or Barry Negragnu as our amusing Canadian colleagues in the press room insist on calling him)'s  stack looks to be fluctuating, but not in the right direction as he is now down to 13k or so...

Dan Owston was mid conversation with someone as I went past him, so I didn't get a chance to get an update from him, but I did notice his stack seemed to have dwindled a little to 6400 or so...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »

Who wanted Chip Counts?

Jioí Kulhánek -- 75,000
Marcus Tandler -- 22,150  (pictured in scarf)
Thor Hansen -- 33,000
Daniel Negreanu -- 33,200
Paul Testud -- 13,200
Anthony Lellouche -- 15,000
Benjamin Kang -- 13,000
Markus Golser -- 41,500
Horst Koch -- 15,200
Stefan Rotach -- 14,000
Arnaud Mattern -- 5,650
Annette Obrestad -- 45k+
Marcel Luske -- 57,000
Stuart Rutter -- 6,350
Noah Boeken -- 11,000
Nicolas Levi -- 40,000
Rolf Slotboom -- 18,000
Andreas Hoivold -- 35,000
Dan Carter -- 9,200
Dan Owsten -- 5,900

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »

Short stacks are taking the all-in challenge at the moment...

It worked out well for Pascal Perrault just now as he raised himself all in (for 10,100) on a flop after his opponent, Nazim Kicik, had bet 3,000.  A bit of a pause before the call, but call he did.
Perrault showed: 
Kicik showed:

A tense but ultimately irrelevant three clubs and fell on the turn and river, doubling Triple P up to 23k.

Elsewhere, it folded to supershortstack Thomas Rauhut on the button, and in went his 2,275, with .  I know his hand because the big blind called with and promptly knocked him out.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »

Well, well, well.

I wandered past Dan Negreanu's table on my travels and noticed he had increased his stack somewhat from earlier, holding over 20k.

Here he is, looking a tad bored and listless, as he always does in my pictures. (When I take my camera off him though, naturally he is a picture of joy and boundless energy - I run so bad!)

However, as I return to the press room, news filtered through to us that Negreanu has increased his stack yet further by winning a monster pot. The news was related to us via our Canadian neighbours in the press room, Owen Laukkanen and Martin Derbyshire (I told them I could turn them into stars in the UK if they revealed salient details of Negreanu's big win - shhhhhhhhh!)

On a flop of , all the chips flew in with Negreanu holding the draw-tastic, flushing and straigtening and his opponent, Iliodors Kamatakis, who allegedly took an age to eventually call, was holding for a set...

The turn was a blank and the river fell as the , leading Iliodors to yell in delight as it was not a club to complete Daniel's flush.

"Yeh I missed my flush....but I've got a straight buddy!" pointed out Negreanu helpfully, as he swept up the latest boost to his chips and dumped Kamatakis out of the competition.

The animated Canadian superstar has now moved ominously up to 40k...

Stu Rutter and Dan Owston are still surviving, albeit on life support.

Stu told me "I just want to make day 2....that will be some achievement!"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:52:07 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »

Dan Carter played a hand...

Well, he'd been admittedly "Grinding, just grinding," all day and this is the first hand I'd actually seen him in - and it had only taken nearly 8 levels and two table moves...

Anyway, I caught it from the point where he was betting out 2k from the small blind on a two hearts flop.  His late position sole opponent, Russell Carson, thought for a little while, and called.
They both checked the turn.
The river came the ... Carter checked and then considered the 3k bet made by Carson (neither player had over 20k in total).  And considered.  And finally called.
Russell Carson:
Dan Carter: .

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 12:25:20 AM »

One last hand picked from the ether from the last 6 hands called by TD Thomas Kremser as the clock hit 10:00...

Dan Carter (now up over 42,000) raised pre to 1,700.  Button Annette Obrestad joined battle with a re-raise to 4,450.  Then small blind Vikke Toumaala popped in 12,300 (over half his stack) resulting in a double instapass.

I didn't say it was an exciting hand.

No, wait!  Marc to the rescue again with a BIG hand - Andreas Hoivold is busted with by Nicolas Levi holding ... all in pre.  Never in doubt - only quad Aces for the behatted Frenchman, and a very juicy stack going into day two...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »

Stu Rutter and Dan Owston are still surviving, albeit on life support.

Stu told me "I just want to make day 2....that will be some achievement!"

On my last foray amongst the players, neither Stu nor Dan were in evidence suggesting both had been eliminated, Stu just falling short of his aim of making the 2nd day.  Bad luck guys.

Dario De Angelis was seen betting out on a K 5 5 7 board and causing Patrick Bueno to fold, kindly deigning to show the correctitude of his decision by flipping over a deadly pair of bullets. And then, perhaps less charitably, laughing about it.

(Bueno seemed to see the funny side too though...)

There are only a few hands of the 300 600 level remaining so at this point it is worth highlighting some of the leaders...

Jioí Kulhánek looks to have in the region of 70k or so and will be in the thick of things come the end of day shakedown. I'm running ouot of adjectives to describe him but I'll go with the effervescent Daniel Negreanu is up there too with 60k+ as is the Norwegian prodigy Annette Obrestad who still has at least 50k, possibly slightly more. It looked as though the less well known Marcus Golsef was a player who had plenty of chips as well which will be sufficient to put him in the higher echelons of the leaderboard...

Another notable name, Marcel Luske has around 55k in chips, meaning many of the renowned players coming into day 1b have risen like little pieces of cream to the surface, and all the above will pose a major threat to take down the tournament.

The final level is now complete. We will be sent full and frank chip counts tomorrow around midday so will post these up when we receive them.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 12:47:38 AM »

Before we head off to rest our weary heads, just a final update for those of you who were touched by the stories of yesterday's heroes.

Yes, the Gummi Bear watch was in full effect today.

Despite the devastating losses the bears suffered yesterday, they nonetheless bravely regrouped and sent out a full complement of men bears ready for today's battle...

Once again, there were many casualties at the greedy hands of the assorted press, but the bears refused to cave and although once more, only the strongest (well, yellowest) bears survived, a small force made it through the day, ready to take up arms and plunge headfirst into the inevitable conflict tomorrow.

Raise your glasses people for these gallant warriors, who will surely be assigned heroic status in the annals of gummi bear history. We love the malleable little guys...

That's it for now folks. Thanks for following us and make sure you tune in for day 2.

With such a strong set of players still remaining, it should prove a mesmerising journey to the final table and ultimate champion. I can't wait but till then...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:49:12 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 12:56:07 AM »

Yes, we return at 3pm (2pm UK time) to catch the beginning of the Day Two restart, when both sets of survivors will reconvene to jostle for positions in the money, and perhaps, on the Final...

Chip counts for the end of today's play will be available before the restart tomorrow.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: