blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen - Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen - Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 18625 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

UK hope Andreas Hoivold is back up to 12k or so. Other UK hope Barny Boatman wandered into the press room during the break and told us that when the cultures of Scandinavia and Sunderland clash, motocross is usually to blame. (Huh?Huh?Huh?)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »

Another Relatively Big Stack is the dude in the white hoodie and interesting combover-type do below (perhaps somebody will know his name, seeing as how like EVERYONE pipped me to the post last time  ).

He just won a pot that looked to be about 25 or 30k, betting 5k on the river of the Two Diamonds Two Clubs board and staring fixedly at the felt until Jarle Aasen folded.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 08:53:22 PM »

By the way, the clock says there's a 600 minute break after the next level, so we're assuming that means play will end for the night at that point. Although 600 minutes would mean a 9.30am start for us tomorrow. Hmm. Something's not right about that. Anyway, we think they will stop after level 8.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »

Julian has moved tables: "Thank God for that," says he, on around 7k. "I got a bit unlucky, but I played a few pots really badly."

He was briefly on Table Boeken/Negreanu, but had disappeared a few minutes later when I wandered by. I'd written up that he'd busted out before Mike told me that he'd been moved a second time.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »

Bill Chen has doubled up courtesy of Alex Kravchenko.

With a fair few chips in the pot before the flop, Kravchenko announces all in immediately the come out. Bill Chen seems to mis-hear and Kravchenko has to repeat himself, rather diminishing the effect of Chen's insta-call.

Kravchenko - 
Chen - 

Turn -
River - two spades
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »

This guy is actually out - Thierry van der Berg, a popular shortstack who found precisely the wrong time to re-raise all in from the small blind with when Trond Eidsvig raised (again) on the cutoff, as this time he actually held .  One eight-free board later and he hit the rail - actually didn't even make it that far before blurrily pictured lady had him presumably telling the camera how it felt to have just busted....

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »

This Guy (in the yellow comic-strip type Tshirt which appears to bear the legend FLASH! which seemed appropriate as our taking your picture at one of these tournaments seems to result in a few stunned seconds of blindness) just went for it short stack vs. short stack with preflop, called by .
Flop:
Turn:  Yes,
River: Irrelevant and Comic Book Guy gets a new lease of life while his shouty fans on the rail rejoice; meanwhile the young Norwegian on the losing side of this coin toss mourns quietly, along with the railing Norwegian bloggers, who insist I write this up in a solemn manner.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »

After grinding like this all day -

- Julian is OUT. He ran his pocket Tens into Mateyboy's pocket Kings.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »

Matthias Kurschner as previously featured on Interesting Hoodiewatch has been tangling with rhs neighbour Peter Eichhardt quite a bit.  I get the impression their table is actually pretty interesting to watch, stocked with players who play creative and adaptive poker, but the problem is that quite a few, Kurschner included, seem to be playing in slight slow motion - like their corner of the tournament room was experiencing some kind of space/time oddity where everyone's dwelling time has expanded for some reason.

Anyway, over around 10 minutes these two consecutive hands progressed as follows:

Peter Eichhardt raises preflop utg to 1,300 and Matthias Kurschner re-raises to 4,300.  After the "what's behind?" query, it appears that he's got a little less than his opponent... it lies there in little stacklets while they both look very serious.  Eichhardt calls.  Flop:  .  Check to Kurschner whose 6k bet eventually wins him that one.

The very next hand it's Kurschner utg and min-raising (to 800).  Pass as everyone gets out of the way...back to P.E. who calls and checks the flop.  Check.
Turn:   Now Peter Eichhardt bets out 2,500, called, slowly.    (NB Imagine reading this in the voice of the Shipping Forecast)
River:   Eichhardt gets his 3k river bet paid and shows the .  Someone adds to the surreality of the moment by saying, "Nice bluff."

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »

Crazy three-way all in ACTION!

The flop says and it's Flemming Hilt (my new Name Of The Day), Thomas Christiansen (please note - one of my three picks) and Negreanu.

Negreanu - for top pair
Hilt - for two pair
Christiansen - for a set

Turn and river, respectively - and two hearts

Meaning that no-one improves, my pick is up to around 40k, Flemming Hilt takes the side pot but that's only around 4k, and Negreanu is down to about 8k and looking irked. He has since busted; Noah Boeken took him out in some sort of way that I don't know.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »

Jason Laso fans: double-up!

From the horse's mouth - he raised to 1.1k with A-Q, and another gent moved all in for another 9.5k or so. Jason called. The other guy had A-J and didn't improve. Jason's up to 19k now.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 10:26:07 PM »

Amazing crazy three-way all-in ACTION! again, but different than last time.

A raising war pre-flop sees Rasmus Akeblom (my new Name Of The Day), Leroy Soesman and Marcel Kloof flip 'em over.

Kloof -
Akeblom -
Soesman - wait for it - 

Obviously. There's lots of shouting concerning the sickness of it all, and Soesman is praying all the while that his Aces stand up, and ultimately the best hand does in fact take it, the Two Clubs doing absolutely nothing for anyone. Marcel Kloof is OUT and Akeblom's down to around 10k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 10:26:54 PM »

Also OUT is Gus Hansen, currently having his photo taken with women.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »

The clock has been stopped and they're playing 5 more hands before the chip race and hometime.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »

Jarle Aasen - end of day bluffer

Just now he put Michele Limongi to the test on the river with the board reading Two Clubs .  The pot stood around 10k and he bet 12k leaving himself what is usually referred to as a bowl of rice.  Limongi wasn't deep stacked enough to call this lightly, and he went in to the tank in a serious manner.  Eventually he passed ... and was shown the totally missed and a big sigh of relief from Aasen who just had to stretch a bit and talk to some laydeez.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: