blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Chris Moorman: in the well
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Moorman: in the well  (Read 101006 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »

Chris Moorman has agreed to go "in the well" for the blondes for a week starting from now

Here's Chris' bio on Pocket Fives

"An incredibly consistent player, moorman1 has quietly become one of the most successful players on the Net. Has won several major events, including the Absolute Poker 1k and a chop of the Sunday 2nd chance on Stars.

He's also won several freeze out tournaments on FTP, Stars, and PartyPoker, including the $500 High Roller $30k Guaranteed in January 2008."

He's won over $500,000 in online MTTs since the beginning of 2006, is an Online Triple Crown* winner and currently ranks 11th on the Pocket Fives player database.

Still only 22 years old he has overcome the not inconsiderable handicap of hailing from Colchester to become very successful as, in his own words "a donkey" who is "trying to get out of the barn". You can see some details of Chris' exploits on his blog http://www.moorman1.com/

and here he is, prepared to answer questions from all comes until next Wednesday

Fire away.....

* The PocketFives.com Triple Crown celebrates a great accomplishment in online poker. The Triple Crown winner is the latest person to win three different tournaments on three different sites over the course of one week (any seven day period). The qualifications and rules for this award are as follows:

* A player must win three multi-table tournaments, each of which start within the same seven day period across three of any of the sites we track for our player rankings.
    * Each tournament must have a prize pool of at least $10K.
    * Each tournament must have at least 100 players.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »

Are you the best player to hail from Colchester?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »

Stupid question, ban the asker.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 05:41:30 PM »

I can avoid falling out with Kev here because I'm originally from Southend

Kev is the greatest in Colchester and always will be!!!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »

I can avoid falling out with Kev here because I'm originally from Southend

Kev is the greatest in Colchester and always will be!!!

this has not started well Chris, try harder  Wink Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »

In your opinion why has your online record not been duplicated live?

What was your initial bankroll and how did you go about growing it early?

Have you invested any of your online winnings so your not stuck in the future?

I watched you playing the $100 & $200 rebuy on Stars last week, same night you chopped the $5k and it seemed to me that after getting fairly deep you sort of hit a self destruct button and played a few crazy hands was this player dependent or had you just got pissed off?

Would you ever take a punt on yourself to win a WSOP event and what odds would you expect?

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:46:45 PM »

Chris, what is the secret of being so consistent and how would you describe your playing style?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »

How many MTTs do you play at once?

Do you use PT/other software whilst playing to keep tabs on players or are you just watching and making notes?
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

Congrats on your success and many thanks for taking the time out t do the well.

What would be the No.1 piece of advice you would give to someone starting out on lowstake ($5-$10) MTT's online?

I will be expected to ask this one after my decision in the £100 event at the Edinburgh GCBPT..........I've read a couple of notes where you are in deal bargaining and you do play hardball, what is your traditional stance on dealing and what do you take into account when trying to do a deal.

Appreciated
Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »

Do you think one day you will crack into the top 10 players living in Brighton?

Are you ever going to come out for a night on the piss?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »

In your opinion why has your online record not been duplicated live?

What was your initial bankroll and how did you go about growing it early?

Have you invested any of your online winnings so your not stuck in the future?

I watched you playing the $100 & $200 rebuy on Stars last week, same night you chopped the $5k and it seemed to me that after getting fairly deep you sort of hit a self destruct button and played a few crazy hands was this player dependent or had you just got pissed off?

Would you ever take a punt on yourself to win a WSOP event and what odds would you expect?

1. To be honest I haven't played that many live mtt's (probably about 10) so this isn't really a large enough sample size. I think I have definetly been a litlle unlucky in them (lost chip lead flip in irish open last year with about 200 left and then ran kk into aa on the bubble Sad ) and a couple I have tilted off mainly due to the greater patience required of playing just 1 table at a time (I initially found this hard to deal with but think I'm finally over it now). If after the wsop I still haven't done ANYTHING live then I will happily call myself an internet donkey.

2. I won $75 in a vc student freeroll built it up slowly to $200 in small stakes mtt's and sng's ($1 and $2 no limits!) then i proceeded to donk it all off playing 5/10c cash games just shoving my $20 in to win the 5 and 10 cent blinds.... obviously i won them a few times and then ran into qq+ and lost my $21 lol. At the time i thought I was the unluckiest person ever lol. After getting down to $20 i put it all on a $20 sng and somehow luckboxed myself to the win and then finally read a cash game article and succesfully started grinding up the cash games with a few mtt's here and there...

3. I put most of it in high interest savings.... hopefully I don't go busto at the wsop and will then be trying to buy a house with a few mates nr the end of this year which imo would be the ultimate investment.

4. I honestly don't remember much of those tourneys.... I know in the $200r I shoved tens into pocket aces maybe I spewed some before that. I'm pretty sure I donked the $100r but I can't really remember how lol. That day is all still a bit of a blur really.

5. I met John Tabatabai at this insidepokermagzine shoot I was doing yesterday and he told me how he didn't do anything in a live tourney for ages... The WSOPE tourney which he came 2nd in was about his 11th event and he hadn't cashed in one previously so maybe my 11th event will be lucky lol. Seriously though I wouldn't continue to play live if I didn't feel like I had a significant edge so I guess I would bet on myself still BUT not in a wsop event because there are too many runners so it would have to be some insane odds to tempt me into putting a score on it.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

1. Lol Flushy I think I should be asking you that question

2. Oh i thought you just didn't like me and would never ask....

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

1. Lol Flushy I think I should be asking you that question

2. Oh i thought you just didn't like me and would never ask....

I thought you were married to the internet.

Come out tonight, me JP and one of my mates are going out.

Besides you haven't seen the new pad yet so come out!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »

Chris, what is the secret of being so consistent and how would you describe your playing style?

I'm a nit and a crazy lag tard at the same time... I think I'm pretty good at applying pressure in hands and at certain stages of mtt's and minimizing my losses in hands where I'm beat... I'm also good at taking control of tables. I really suck headsup though!

The secret to consistency I think is to treat every tourney the same. I still play the full tilt $30r with as much focus as something a lot bigger.... basically I hate losing so thats what drives me to keep putting up results and not getting complacent

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

How many events are you playing at the wsop, Have you qualified for the ME yet or just gonna buy in?

Did you make a deal with the devil to run as hot as you do Wink

Cheers

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: