blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:33:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Final Day - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Final Day - Interactive  (Read 55046 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB     thats $100 so far if tyler finals extra $50 and if he wins an extra hundo ball. gg horner wp etc............

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »

Mr Chin Koh makes it 4.8k, and the gentleman in seat 2, whom we believe is John Cann, makes it All In, or 26k total. Mr Koh, who reminds us a bit of Hiro Nakamura from popular television drama "Heroes" when he speaks, says, "Are we still friends if I call?" He folds though. Mr Cann shows A-Q offsuit.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:27:33 PM by danafish » Logged
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »

Unlucky rich hawes.

Pete Linton FTW

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »

The first player out today was in fact Tony Nicholls, who was so short that he felt obliged to call all-in blind from the big blind after Alan Stearn raised his button.

Alan Stearn =

Tony Nicholls = Two Clubs

Board = Two Diamonds

"He played it well," joked Nick Whiten as Tony departed, with a sporting smile I might add.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Also doubling up - Mr Neil Henshaw, holding Aces against a less good hand belonging to Mr Terry Arnold.

Not quite doubling up, but grinding his way to victory: Mr Chris Bruce. Matt "Cromwell" Tyler makes it 4.5k and Chris makes it All In for not a huge amount more. Matt shakes his head, smiles and passes A-Q offsuit.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »

Also joining the early afternoon queue at the bar is Gareth Nelson, the youngster perhaps messing with the unmessable as he clashed with the mighty Lucy Rokach. I joined the action just in time to see Lucy (small blind) bet out on a only to be re-raised by Gareth in the big. In what felt like a machine gun smattering of action, Lucy announced all-in and Gareth called.

Lucy =

Gareth =

Gareth ran through the cards he required, but they failed to emerge as the River came a harmless .

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »

We joked earlier about the yoyo-ability of Pete Linton, but I've come to realise that it's far from an understatement. Not since my first experience of an adult movie have I witnessed such rapid up and down motions, Pete Linton's stack possessing the boingability of a kanagaroo on a trampoline. After losing a chunk of his stack with A-K versus Sixes (a set on the River apparently), Pete then made a move with (ahem) J-6, pushing over the top of Alan Stearn on an Ace high Flop. Unfortunately, Stearn had an Ace, and bizarrely didn't respect Pete's play, and called quicker than a jet propelled whippet.

After that hand, Maz Charalambous waltzed over to me, grabbed my pad and wrote down the words 'Linton on full tilt'. Something tells me that he wasn't referring to the online cardroom and suggesting that Pete was simultaneously attacking the virtual felt with a lappie on his lap, but that perhaps Pete's demise was nigh. However, those predictions are yet to see the light of day, Pete in fact doubling up just moments ago with Aces on a raggy board.

As a result, Pete is now back over the 50k mark, but we'll keep a firm eye fixed on his current table as there are sure to be more fireworks than a decade of November 5ths.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 03:48:23 PM »

One player in survival mode, and achieving successful results, is local chatterbox Rob Allen. All-in pre-table break for 10.1k from under-the-gun, his table couldn't resist making him sweat, Dave Smith in particular sizing up his opponent and considering a call. Smith asked what he had, but Rob responded by saying that it was too late now and that his chips were already in the middle. Fortunately (perhaps) for Rob, Smith made the fold and later confessed to A-T. Rob showed an Ace, although we'll never know if he wanted that call or not.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

The young emo-stylee-barnetted gent in this photo, presumed to be one Phil Hughes, is OUT. I'm assuming that the chips went in on the flop or turn, as there were two clubs on said flop and another on the turn - Mr Hughes was holding and Mr Dave Smith was holding . Ouch.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

Some mid-afternoon norkage for you now, just to keep the NAS from the door.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »

"You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life."

Trumper's rendition of Dancing Queen won the Sunday karaoke contest hands down.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 03:53:26 PM »

A couple of snaps from the start of play.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »

Mr Chung Hoang is also OUT after a good call from Mr Kevin Lund. Mr Lund made it 3k on a flop and Mr Hoang made it All In for 28k. Eventually Lund called.

Kevin Lund -
Chung Hoang -

Turn - three diamonds (not an Eight)
River - (also not an Eight)

The pain of Mr Hoang's exit seems to have further exacerbated by overhearing tikay's railside train story...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »

Mr Chris Bruce, Grinder Of The Tournament, is still in!!! with just over 30k, I reckon. Furthermore, he is multi-tasking most impressively, apparently both reading this update and playing the tournament at the same time. Hello, chrisbruce!

Also, I think he has been picking up some part-time work as a friend of Snoopy's.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »

He may have been chip leader at the start of the day, but Pete Linton's wheel of fortune had stopped at 85k, which I believe is somewhere in the middle of today's peak and trough.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: