blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Final Day - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Final Day - At A Glance  (Read 13422 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »

With Steven Mills keeping his stack on the felt, I thought he was all-in and we had three way action, but alas it was just Sam Saville-Barton and Jim Moult who were locking horns, the latter making the final push on a 9s-6c-3d Flop and leaving Sam with what appeared to be an easy decision for very few chips. But as Sam sat back, sighed and shook his head disappointedly, it became obvious that he had nothing and that Jim was in good shape, whatever he had. His stack nearing the felt already, Sam felt he couldn't fold for the extra few thousand and made the call with Ks-8s, but was in worse shape that he may have feared as Jim flipped over Pocket Kings. A Jh on the Turn tied things up and allowed Jim to pull in a near 100k pot, but left Sam with just 15 or so k. "He won't play another hand now," added Kevin Lund on the neighbouring table. "He's a good player though."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »

Garinder Purewal -- 180k
Petter Haere -- 81k
Erwan Goasdowe -- 29.5k
Alan Stearn - 149k
Lucy Rokach -- 69k
Ouday Hikary -- 87.5k
Daniel Byrom -- 197k
David Stratton -- 109.5k
Kevin Lund -- 108.5k

Xia Zhenru -- 122.5k
Matt Tyler -- 26.5k
Jim Moult -- 130.5k
Maz Charalambous -- 49.5k
Chin Koh -- 43.5k
Steven Mills -- 9k
Daniel Platten -- 25.5k
Dave Smith -- 145k
Chris Bruce -- 86.5k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »

Chris Bruce is most unhappy - apparently bescarved Mr Sam Savile-Barton shoved for 22k utg a little while back and Chris called him with A-K- Sam turned over J-9, which obviously hit.

However, as I'm listening to Chris rant about this while Sam Savile-Barton ignores it and Matt Tyler is telling me at the same time how Chris is totally over it which is of course a lie, Jim Moult makes it 12k and Mr Savile-Barton makes it All In. Chris Bruce, on the big blind, giggles and announces that he has a hand too. He looks Sam up and down, but passes. Jim Moult, after a little squirming, calls.

Sam Savile-Barton - 
Jim Moult -

Board - two hearts

And the Scarf Man is OUT.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »

And while Jim Moult is wondering whether to call Sam Savile-Barton's all-in, there is shouting from the next table because two players, Joe Stevenson and Petter Haere, are already all in, and Xia Zhenru is considering the call as well. He dwells up long enough for me to catch the conclusion of the Savile-Barton/Moult hand, but then folds. Apparently he was holding Jacks.

So no no three-way all in, but instead just the regular two-way.

Joe Stevenson - shoved with
Petter Haere - went over the top with

Board - Two Clubs

And Mr Stevenson is OUT.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »

PAYOUT

1) £17,127
2) £9,601
3) £5,968
4) £4,359
5) £3,373
6) £2,335
7) £1,816
8 ) £1,297
9) £1,038
10-13) £726
14-17) £520
18) Our bubbler will receive this gentleman and his dusty bin:

Click to see full-size image.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »

Steven Mills has doubled up courtesy of neighbour Chin Koh. Mills was virtually all-in on the big bind, and I think both players were playing blind.

Steven =

Koh =

Board =

"The hand plays itself," adds Koh trying to ensure that everyone knows why he was playing a showdown with J-8o. "If I fold, I'm saying that I know him and we're good friends."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 06:46:54 PM »

And the bubble has burst!

Mr Steve Mills, who about an hour ago said to me, "Steve Mills will be out on the bubble," shoved for his last 12.5k. Daniel Platten to his left on the button called, leaving himself 5.5k behind. Dave Smith on the small blind went all in, and Daniel called, obviously.

Steve Mills -
Daniel Platten -
Dave Smith -

Board - three diamonds

And it takes everyone a moment to realise that Dave Smith takes the lot, what with all those diamonds on board too, but that is exactly what he does. Daniel Platten had Steve Mills covered, and so it is Mr Mills who gets to take Simon Trumper and his dustbin home tonight. Or something. Unlucky, Mr Mills.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »

Out in 16th is Erwan Goasdowe. He found himself all-in with A-2 versus the K-Q, but failed to survive as the board came Q-8-T-4-K.

---------

Matt Tyler has doubled up. He pushed with Tens, was called by Garinder Purewal's Nines, and survived an A-A-K-5-7. He banged the table upon victory, but apologised straight after.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:09:23 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »

Like the now departed Pete Linton, Lucy Rokach can either be down to the felt or possess half the chips in play in the space of a few hands, but unfortunately for her, she is currently enduring the former after losing a mammoth pot to local player Kevin Lund. With a 5c-8d-Kd Flop laying patiently on the felt, Lucy raised Kevin's leading bet of 8k to 22k, only for Kevin to counteract with an all-in. Lucy sighed under her breath before counting out her remaining chips and calculating her odds. After multiple puffs and scratches of the head, she reluctantly made the call and turned over 8c-7h. Kevin revealed Js-Jh. A 2s Turn and River Kc was no good for Lucy who's now seem her once formidable stack now transfer into near dust. Looks like she'll be the next to hit the deck.

"Wow," added Kevin. "That was a big call, Lucy."

"I thought there was a chance you were flushing," replies Lucy.

"No, no, I wouldn't my chips in there with a flush draw."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 07:16:55 PM »

Ms Lucy Rokach is OUT.

It all went a bit fast so the details of this may be a bit hazy - what seems to have happened is that Kevin Lund limped, and Lucy made it 12k. Big blind Ouday Hikari called, and Kevin made it 24k or thereabouts - they both called.

Check around the flop, and then a bet from Ouday on the turn, at which point Kevin passed and Lucy somehow found herself all in against Ouday.

Ouday -
Lucy -

River - Not An Ace Or A Queen
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »

And back out of the tournament comfort zone, Matt Tyler has doubled up Maz Charalambous.

Matt made it 14.5k from the cutoff and Maz shoved for an almost min-raising 28.8k total from the small blind. "Unfortunately," says Matt, "I've got to call."

He is in fact in excellent shape with against Maz's .

Flop - - Maz is looking resigned
Turn - - "Nice one," says Maz, or words to that effect, and stands up to leave
River - - "Oooh no hang on," or something similar says Maz and sits back down
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 07:24:44 PM »

Chin Koh -- 38k
Petter Haere -- 100.5k
Alan Stearn - 164.5k
Ouday Hikary -- 180k
Daniel Byrom -- 190k
David Stratton -- 105k
Kevin Lund -- 145k

Xia Zhenru -- 38k
Matt Tyler -- 88.5k
Jim Moult -- 111k
Maz Charalambous -- 61k
Garinder Purewal -- 123k
Dave Smith -- 177.5k
Chris Bruce -- 113.5k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »

As i arrive, there's over 30k in the pot already and Ouday Hikary is betting 22k on a three diamonds Two Diamonds three clubs flop. David Stratton two to his left promptly moves all in for another 68k or so. There is some umming, there is some ahh-ing, and eventually Ouday calls.

"Nice call," says David as he turns over for a flush draw; Ouday has .

Turn -
River - the flushtastic

Chin Koh is shouting concerning the sickness of this particular hand (I understand he was holding A-3), David Stratton is so excited he's run across the room to tell some guys in the cash game, and Ouday looks like he's going to throw up as his former chips are raked towards David's empty seat and Alan Stearn appears to be making a sad face on his behalf.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »

Local favourite Chin 'Frankie' Koh is OUT in 15th after moving in from the big blind over the top of Daniel Byrom's late position raise. Byrom squirmed in his seat a little, even though it wasn't too much to call, but did eventually shove the chips in with . Koh showed .

Board = two hearts

Down to 13.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »

These Welsh boys sure like to talk, Ouday Hikary being the latest to follow in the chatterbox steps of Roberto Romanello. Announcing all-in from the button for what looked to be about 60k, it folded round to Kevin Lund is the big blind who started counting his chips. At this point, Ouday leapt from his chair and said, "A-6, you've got A-6, I can beat that." "You can talk all you want, if I'm calling, I'm calling," replied Kevin. Before Ouday had time to respond, Kevin was indeed calling, his Kd Js showing that he wasn't prepared to let people snap up his blind, and that perhaps he simply didn't believe Ouday had anything but rags. However, on this occasion, Kevin was very much in the wrong, as Ouday proudly flipped a pocket pair of Queens. Still not overly-confident, Ouday chanted repeatedly for a Queen, amid comments to his fellow Swansean beside him that he was going to lose the hand. But it didn't happen, and an 8-3-7-9-3 rainbow board later and the Welshman is back in business.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: