blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 1a - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 1a - At A Glance  (Read 24769 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:36 PM »

Newly unearthed Brit, Jeremy Wray, has just lost a 35k pot to Shawn Deeb, who looks nothing like his dad, Freddy. Pushing all-in for 10,225 on a an two hearts board, Shawn's body froze into a generic poker pose as Wray sized up his options. Believing that his opponent had an Ace or nothing, Wray made the call with Queens, but was dismayed to see his opponent turn over A-6. "I put one of you guys on an Ace," said Wray pointing to a couple of players who had ducked out early doors.

--------

Double up for Stuart Fox, Kings v Twos, K-2-A all high diamond Flop.

---------

After much Frenchie searching, I have discovered Cyrille Chabot, donning trademark visors as expected. On this occasion, Cyrille, currently on 19,800, found himself sandwiched between small blinder Sacha Rosewood and under-the-gunner Jeff Lisandro. With Cyrille sacrificing 1.2k to the pot and leaving the other two to lock horns, Sacha made the final call with Tens in what was a quick-fire pre-flop raising war only to find himself gunned down by Jeff's Pocket Cowboys. However it was Sacha who won the shoot-out, a Ten on the Flop of a 9-Q-T-Q-4 board resulting in the bracelet winner's untimely exit. "Aaaaah, good luck," said Jeff as he departed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 09:28:31 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »

George Danzer is OUT the door.  His final hand – the .  According to neighbour Peter Roche, the beginning of the hand was a little odd, with George running back to the table just in the nick of time to be allowed to play his hand.  Nearly-a-ruling number One.

Then, against a caller we reckon is Morten Lokken (ty Gary) he saw a flop of in position.  I saw it from the point where Lokken had bet out 1,525, and George threw in a confusing 2,500.  The dealer made this stand as a minimum-only raise (Nearly-a-ruling number Two).  George was re-raised all in sharpish and instacalled only to find Lokken holding the powerful for the flopped set.  The turn and the river housed him up with and a very disgruntled George immediately left the area.  A couple more seconds away from the table pre-hand and he’d have missed his AA and still be in it.  Life is so wonderfully cruel sometimes.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »

Mr Jan Sjavik makes it 800 from the cutoff, and Mr Patrik "Man Norkage" Antonius calls from the small blind. They both proceed to check the two hearts flop.

The turn is another heart, in fact the - Patrik checks again, bu Jan makes it 1200 and Patrik folds. I take a photo of Mr Antonius. Says a giggling Mr Sjavik, "Hey, I won the hand and you're taking a picture of him! Sad " (sad face imagined by me rather than vocalized by Mr Sjavik. So please enjoy two photos of Mr Jan Sjavik, and one of Mr Antonius:

Click to see full-size image.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »

Elsewhere just before the break I saw an odd hand involving a utg+1 raise from Sasha Rosewood, called by his immediate neighbour, utg+2 Cyrille Chabot.  The flop came down .  A very slow, considered check from both parties. 
Turn:   At this point I was distracted by Sorel Mizzi making Greg Raymer lay something down...so look that way while I ignore the betting on this one.
River:   Rosewood checks, and Cyrille throws out 3,000 as nonchalantly as humanly possible.  The three blue 1k chips sort of roll around for a minute while his young opponent tries to peer up under his visor.  No joy.  He suddenly calls.

Cyrille Chabot taps the table, showing
Sasha Rosewood: 

No one knows who to raise their eyebrows at as they chop the pot.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 09:58:53 PM by danafish » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

What happen with María?

She just doubled up through Greg Raymer with the AA - against her just J-T which looked completely disconnected from any of the board cards.  As seems to be happening with alarming frequency as they expand the size of these Day Ones, I only got there when a hoard of journalists were already hovering vulture-like around the table, so I only saw Mr. Socks'n'sandals congratulating her on her double up.

Other counts mid Level 6:

Jan Sjavik -- 18,350
Patrik Antonius -- 63,000
Jan Heitmann -- 31,300
Benjamin Kang -- 9,300
Trond Eidsvig -- 30,000
Peter Roche -- 55,000
Joseph Serock -- 10,450
Ross Boatman -- 40,000
Martin Wendt -- 30,000

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2008, 10:35:41 PM »

chip count for Woody please if he still in

Yes indeed, the Deckmeister is among my Assorted Leaders on around 75k.

Also on my Leader List is Patrik Antonius on almost 80k, and Mr Johnny Lodden, on over 70k. Mr Lodden was actually on 50k when I counted his stack, but then he got himself involved in a Big Hand:

I caught it on the turn, the board reading . Mr Lodden bet a chunky around-pot-sized 6k, and the gent to his left called. Another gentleman dwelled up for an AGE before passing.

River - and Mr Lodden bets 10k. Mateyboy calls, and mucks when Mr Lodden shows for the straight, propelling him on to my personal leaderboard. Apparently Mucking Mateyboy had Kings.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »

Meanwhile Peter Gould has dropped down to just 5 or 6k somehow.

Marcel Luske -- 41k
Greg Raymer -- 27.5k
Nicolas Levi -- 61.5k
Humberto Brenes -- 27k

No sign of Markus Golser or Pascal Perrault.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:44:49 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »

Thierry Van Den Berg has knocked out the Matey to his left with 9-T on a J-K-Q flop, Mr Matey holding the heartbreaking K-Q. A Nine on the turn and something raggy that might have been a Six on the river and Thierry is now on around 31k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2008, 10:52:59 PM »

The Apple has gone unfortunately Cry

Yes, yes, I caught him on the way out, which was good for updating on Mr Apple, but bad of course because it meant he was out, a throat cutting gesture as I approached never a good sign.

He seemed a bit dejected in truth, possibly believing that he could have been a bit more patient. "I called a raise of 800 with A-K, only for a guy behind me to re-raise to 4k. I pushed and he called with Kings. I'd been playing solid poker up until that point, so maybe I could have waited."

He then went on to say that two people claimed to have folded Aces, meaning that he only had one out. Don't you just hate it when people tell you that you're in deeper crap than you already are?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2008, 11:19:22 PM »

As the penultimate level draws to a close, there are few weary faces out there, many of which are probably not embracing this extra level. As such, I predict we may witness a few unforced errors or, as is often the case, a lot of folding as people attempt to grind their way into Day 2. One of those players who surely has the experience to perhaps take advantage of such a scenario is Hendon Mobber Ross Boatman. He's currently bobbing his head above water with 30k (average 28,269), so probably didn't mind my ribbing that the trophy wife seated in between him and the temporarily empty seat next door was his.

Leading the railing duties for the former London's Burning star is fellow Mobber and former EPT victor Ram Vaswani. Crazy Horse is currently dividing his time between watching Ross's table and keeping a keen eye on the ongoing father and son battle between Peter and Josh Gould. Although he started well, Josh is now struggling with 18,075, whilst Peter, with just 4,800, is looking for a spot to push.

Hopefully, we can keep these two players in, if only for the potential 'son eliminates father (or vice-versa)' story, as, at the moment, there is perhaps not enough entertainment coming from the tables to keep us hungry media folk satisfied. It's at times like these that Phil Hellmuth becomes a welcome addition, his table talk providing us bloggers with enough material to last the rest of year. Let's hope he graces us with his presence tomorrow, as he always makes good viewing.

-----------

And on that bokking note, we lose Peter Gould. I didn't quite catch the hand, only that he lost out to Pocket Queens.

-----------

One player who I didn't expect to be making any errors during these latter stages is the ice cool Finn Patrik Antonius. A few media hawks were lurking around the table scribbling away frantically on their notepads, so I skipped over poised to log the action, but only in time to experience the aftermath. With a 7d-5c-Jc-Kd-8c on the felt, one may wonder how Patrik managed to lose a 50k plus pot with just a pair of Pocket Deuces, but that's what seemed to have happened, his jubilant opponent's set of Kings winning by a country mile and leading to Patrik having to count out 28,125 in chips. For someone normally so cool, suave and sophisticated (me, me and yep, me again), Patrik appeared a little flustered, but I guess he would be if he'd lost such a bizarrely big pot with bottom pair.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:30:23 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2008, 11:20:45 PM »

Mr Andreas Torbergsen bets a whopping 13k on the river of a board, to almost cover the Mateygent to his left who has already put about a third of his chips into the pot. Mateygent dwells and dwells; the clock is called, and he is down to "Four..." on the countdown when he passes.

--------

Meanwhile Jan Heitmann has dropped down to 18k and is not looking very happy. Johnny Lodden, however, now has over 80k and is becoming most cocky. He raises in late position and it folds around to the big blind, who gives him a strange smile. Mr Lodden makes a casual yet authoritative motion with his hand that says, "Give me your chips. They are mine." Or something. The big blind duly folds.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2008, 11:23:57 PM »

Peter Roche gets his big blind raised from under the gun by young American Joseph Serock, making it 800, 500 more to him.  Everyone else gets out of the way, although recent tablemate Trond Eidsvig gives it a bit of speech before doing so.  Roche calls, and with about 55k to Serock's 11k he can well afford to. 
Flop: Two Diamonds .  Checkinthedark-call quickly from Roche as Serock bets 1,525.
Turn:    Check-check
River:   Check to Serock who now has 8,150 left in front of him in the form of one white 5k chip, three 1k chips and some green 25s.  Everything apart from the 5k chip goes in.  Peter Roche sort of giggles and talks half to himself, half to his opponent, before eventually giving it up.

Roche: Not Giggling Here.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »

Isabelle Mercier has somehow dropped back down to 3.5k. She's sharing a table with Ms Cecilia Borg, on 44k, and Leo Sayer. Not really! I just like his hair. We don't know who he is, but we fear that he may not be long for this tournament on just 3.2k...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

Looky looky, with one hour to spare I come bearing (or is it baring) those all important chippy chip counts:

Shawn Deeb -- 82,725
Patrik Antonius -- 19,250
Robin Keston -- 25,475
Kai Paulsen -- 11,500
Eli Elezra -- 9,550
Barry Greenstein -- 8,050
Raymond Rahme -- 32,725
Thomas Fougeron -- 43,475
Luca Pagano -- 42,600
Thomas Wahlroos -- 33,275
Martin Wendt -- 15,525
Ross Boatman -- 29,175
Anna Wroblewski -- 29,175
Johnny Lodden -- 89,200
Josh Arieh -- 35,600
Stephan Kjerstad -- 94,500
Humberto Brenes -- 3,825
Osman Mustanoglu -- 25,025
Thomas Gruntvig -- 24,800
Cecilia Borg -- 34,475
Bill Edler -- 19,200
Isabelle Mercier -- 6,000
Chris Lee -- 87,000
Gina Alacqua -- 23,300
Juris Bonders -- 73,485
Noah Boeken -- 29,900
Josh Gould -- 9,325
Steven Van Zadelhoff -- 25,700
Sorel Mizzi -- 48,000
Benjamin Kang -- 11,875
Peter Roche -- 77,500
Trond Eidsvig -- 31,375
Jan Heitmann -- 19,800
Sebastian Zink -- 49,250
Daniel Zink -- 13,225
Christoffer Stahle -- 36,575
Jan Sjavik -- 28,425
Thierry Van Den Berg -- 36,500
Tomas Brolin -- 25,275
Ricardo Sousa -- 13,275
Michel Abecassis -- 27,450
Alex Michaels -- 53,925
Stuart Fox -- 42,800
Freddy Deeb -- 29,100
Guillaume de la Gorce -- 14,950
Andreas Hagen -- 13,900
Nicolas Levi -- 42,950
Sasha Rosewood -- 69,600
Chris Bjorin -- 10,100
Stevie Devlin -- 25,750
Marcel Luske -- 43,000
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:14:34 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2008, 12:05:13 AM »

The gent on the right of the photo is down to the felt after running into the Aces of the gent on the left. He was giggling as I left the table...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: