blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - At A Glance  (Read 19112 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Yep, Maxime Villemure indeed busted someone (Dana has all the details coming).  But seeing as he seems to be getting involved a bunch - here's another hand he just won:

He raised in the cutoff and found Stig Top Rasmussen playing back at him from the big blind.  It looked like a re-raise of 26k, which was either a min-raise or close to it.  Action back to Villemure, who slowly and deliberately raised again, a further 68k.  Suddenly it looked like two deep stacks were going to go to war...

Tank for Rasmussen, and an evenutal pass.  Villemure showed the Two Diamonds

"I KNEW it!" exclaims Rasmussen, against all the evidence.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »

Almost Last Brit Standing Mr Andrew Luetchford, armed with , shoves his shortstack into the place where shortstacks go when they shove - that is, the middle, or, as it turns out, into a world of pain, as Maxime Villeneuve calls him with .

Board - two hearts

Almost Last Brit Standing = not standing any more. I mean, he is, but only for purposes of leaving:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »

Lame Blind-On-Blind Limp/Checkage Turns Into Quite Big And Aggressively Played Pot Shocker

I think people take my posts more seriously if I put tabloid-style headings on them.

Anyway, Stig Rasmussen limps from the small blind and Antonio Esfandiari checks the big blind.

Flop - - and Rasmussen bets 10k. Antonio calls.

Turn - and now Rasmussen bets a WHOPPING (I said a WHOPPING) 60k. Antonio calls.

River - - Rasmussen sort of gives up and checks. Antonio bets an UNBELIEVABLE!!! 150k or so. Mr Rasmussen half-laughs in a way that suggests that if he doesn't, he might cry. "I can't call," says he. And instead he does the other thing you're allowed to do, the one that isn't calling, but rather is folding.

Antonio Esfandiari has the freedom!

...The freedom not to wear shoes in a public place!

He only brought slippers with him anyway.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:38:41 PM by danafish » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »

I caught this pot from where it wildly escalated (in a way reminiscent of Danafish's last post)...

Threeway on the turn, the board:  ...  Looks like Mr. Liu might have started this all off after Stig Top Rasmussen checked in the big blind.  But Isaac Baron (pictured) ran with it, raising to 125k.  Back to Rasmussen, who did the second part of the checkraise to the tune of a further 160k.  Liu (if he was in this at all, which I  think he was but can't be sure - lots of tall people in my way) left it, but when it got back to Baron, he thought for a little while, and then moved all in!  A ripple of excitement went through his railers, and everyone, it appeared, except Isaac, who remained totally impassive.

Rasmussen, on the other hand (having rollercoastered today a little bit, and currently on the down part) stood up, crouched behind his chair, stood up again, ran a tortured hand across his face and dwelled until he had the clock called on him.

[Amusing Esfandiari/Frazer aside:  TD Steve Frazer talked him through his one-minute-to-decide in a very clear, firm way, at which Antonio goes, "Very professional."  He replies, just as seriously, "Thank you.  I practice in front of a mirror."]

Back to Rasmussen who has 160k to call, and has around 350 behind.  Whispers behind me indicated the general impression that folding wasn't an option, but it was, and he took it. 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »

Pablo Ubierna is OUT. He made a move with 7-2 on a J-T-J Flop on the TV table, but was swiftly looked up by Luca Pagano who had J-9.

-----------

Just for a change, I decide just to keep track of one table and see how the action panned out. After watching a few hands, one thing that I noticed was that no one received a walk, and rarely would a raise go by without another player re-raising behind. The first hand I witnessed involved Johnny Lodden and David Miara, the combination of which had created a 150k pot. With the board reading 2h-5h-2s, David took it down with a suspicious 80k bet.

Believing that most of hands I was about witness would follow a similar pattern, the very next hand we were treated to a double through. With big stacker Noel Siegal raising it up to 22k from the button, an inevitable move considering the lesser stacks of the blinds, Amit Makhija passed and Walid Bou Habib called. On the Tc-5s-6c Flop, it all kicked of, Walid check-calling an all-in from Seigal who had nonchalantly made the gesture with a mere wave of his hand.

After Siegal revealed a vulnerable Pocket Twos, Walid punched the air and showed 8c-5c. "Yes!" he exclaimed, if a little premature. However, the Poker Gods didn't spit in his face, the Ace of Clubs on the Turn sealing the deal and making the River academic. In victory, Walid leapt over to the rail to shake the hand of a fan in the crowd before returning to his seat jubilant. Siegal, meanwhile, remained calm, simply asking "how much?" and handing over the wonga. Still on 800k, Siegal remains in great shape, but will still be disheartened to have doubled Walid up to 265k and made him more of a threat than he previously was.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »

Mr Raymond Rahme was getting bullied. He bet out 24k on a board, but passed when Johnny Lodden made it another 50k.

I lost interest in that table, and moved over to where there was a Two Diamonds board out, and Stig Rasmussen was betting 40k. Eric Liu was calling him. The river came the three diamonds and they checked it - Stig showed , and Eric Liu nodded impassively and mucked. Then Stig went a bit crazy. "Oh my God!!! Why can't a Queen come high? Why can't a Queen come high? I don't believe it!!!"

Obviously I am busy scribbling down this outburst, so I don't notice that across the way, Mr Raymond Rahme is all in, and, indeed, busted out, courtesy of Mr Frenchie David Miara (who I've been accidentally calling Midori in my notes like the melon liqueur; sorry Miara fans). Like I said, I was distracted - shame on me! - but I believe it may have been the ol' Kings v Aces. Either way, Mr Raymond Rahme is OUT, like so:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »

Peter Traply finishes in 26th.... We thought it was safe to leave and write about stuff in the press room with 1 min to go until the break.  But it wasn't, so we don't have any hand details.  Sorry.  He gets € 42,100, though. 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »

2    8    Antonio Esfandiari                1,640,000
3    2    Robin Keston                   900,000
2    2    Isaac Baron                   815,000
2    3    Maxime Villemure                   790,000
3    3    Denes Kalo                   680,000
3    1    Oyvind Riisem                   650,000
1    6    David Miria                   645,000
5    7    Joe Hachem                   633,000
3    6    Henrik Gwinner                   600,000
5    1    Luca Pagano                   554,000
5    3    Thomas Boekhoff                   533,000
1    1    Glen Chorny                   520,000
2    7    Stig Top-Rasmussen                   460,000
1    8    Johnny Lodden                   420,000
1    2    Noah Siegel                   410,000
2    4    Claudio Pagano                   370,000
2    1    Eric Liu                   324,000
5    6    Vincent Secher                   312,000
1    3    Amit Makhija                   278,000
5    8    Mostafa Belkhayate                   232,000
3    8    Valeriy Ilikyan                   202,000
5    5    Michael Martin                   195,000
3    5    Stefan Geim                   180,000
2    5    Rami Boukai                   150,000
1    5    Walid Bou Habib                   145,000
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »

Whilst my eyes were unavoidably distracted by the consecutive bare-feet in Seats 7 and 8 (is this a first in EPTs?), the second of the shoe-rebellers, Stig Rasmussen, suddenly jumped up from his seat like a kangaroo on a trampoline and paced around the table, in a fashion that we have become more than accustomed with. The reason for his latest bout of fidgetitus was an all-in with Rami Boukai, the latter in steaming hot water with versus and in desperate need of an Ace.

"No Ace! No Ace!" commanding the booming voice of Rasmussen.

Board =

"Yes!" he bellowed as he raced to the rail.

Meanwhile, Rami shook the hands of his opponents and quietly left stage left as an ever-excitable Rasmussen continued to celebrate.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:10 PM »

REDRAW - with approx counts...

David Miara -- 660k
stefan Geim -- 235k
Vincent Secher -- 318k
Thomas Boekhoff -- 540k
Joe Hachem -- 630k
Isaac Baron -- 740kish
Robin Keston -- 970k  (Started the day dropping 150k, then "decided to stop haemorrhaging.")
Noah Siegel -- 255k

Glen Chorny -- 568k
Mustafa Belkhayate -- 105k
Amit Makhija -- 270k
Michael Martin -- 342k   (Pictured because he offered his chip count.  Always appreciated.)
Johnny Lodden -- 444k  (Not pictured because he broke the rail rope and then blamed it on me.)
Claudio Pagano -- 360k
Denes Kalo -- 705k
Luca Pagano -- 480k

TV table:  everyone else

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »

Yes, literally facing each other across the table are Claudio Pagano and Luca Pagano – father and son.  I don’t want to have to have dinner at their house if one knocks the other out.  Actually, on second thoughts, looking at them, they both look unbelievably cheerful – guaranteed a payout of € 46,300 each. 

Wonder if they swapped a percentage?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

There's a lot of luck in poker, and none more so when it comes to winning the coinflips at those vital times. Yesterday, Robin won a couple of races that put him in great stead, and today the Poker Gods have continued to smile upon him. Unwitting to what was about to occur behind him, Isaac Baron's pre-flop raise of 57k triggered a domino effect that led to, first, a re-raise to 102k from Robin Keston and, second, an all-in for around 230k from Noah Siedel. Knowing that Noah had to have a big hand to make such a move, but simultaneously acknowledging that he'd already invested 100k into the pot, Robin made the correct call with Pocket Queens, surely delighted to see Robin reveal A-K. A 6-6-8-7-4 board was good enough for the Ladies to survive, leading to Noah exiting stage left to a nice round of applause. Robin, meanwhile, glanced over at me and released a big sigh of relief, clearly relieved to have won the race.

Playing well and winning those crucial 50/50s, Robin Keston is looking increasingly likely of making that final table.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »

We are down one rainbow stripey shirt in this Grand Final - it is that of Mostafa Belkhayate, and it is one Johnny Lodden who is now in possession of Mostafa's chips. Shirt remains with Mr Belkhayate.

Mr Lodden makes it 30k, and Mr Belkhayate makes it All In for 82k more from the small blind. A reasonable amount of dwellage from Lodden, and then just the right amount of call-age to have 'em on their backs, as it were.

Mostafa Belkhayate -
Johnny Lodden - three clubs

Board -

And with a massive "WOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!" from the Betsson railers as the Three hits the felt, Mr Belkhayate is OUT.

Johnny ponders whether to call the all-in as Mostafa awaits his fate, probably not helped any by the gentleman blowing raspberries at him behind his back:

A-leaving, with Steve Frezer looking sort of creepy, like he can see into my soul.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »

Just before the exit of Mr Belkhayate, total Pagano Jr bullification of table.

Mr Amit Makhija made it 26k from mid-position and Johnny Lodden called from the cutoff. Luca on the big blind spotted an opportunity, or found a hand, or just for the sheer hell of it, went all in. Both Amit and Johnny passed.

Johnny then turned to his neighbour Pagano Sr and made an odd gesture like he was swatting flies. Not sure what that was about. Perhaps he was asking Mr Pagano to give his son a slap from him later. Perhaps not.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

A

betwee Isaac Baron and Joe Hachem. I caught it on the river of the board. With around 200k in the pot, Isaac bets a WHOPPING!!! 155k. After much extended dwellage, Hachem folds. As the chips are pushed towards him, Isaac, who has apparently been holding his breath the entire time, lets out one massive sigh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: