blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive  (Read 62598 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »

Go the guy wearing the bath robe 

I thought it was a lab coat.

Btw that's Vincent Secher, right? (You guys watching the live feed probably know more about what's happening on the tv table than we do.) Mr Secher, and this might be a lie, is allegedly currently staying in a tent in Nice owing to having no money, or general eccentricity, or something. Most odd.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:52:41 PM by danafish » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »

At this stage in the tournament, you simply have to win your coinflips, but unfortunately for Swedish player Gerasimos Deres, his coin was buttered the wrong side. Re-raised all-in by Frenchman David Miara, Gerasimos made a reluctant call with A-J, but was elated to find that he wasn't dominated, Miara and his Pocket Fives needing to avoid a Bullet and a Knave to survive. And with the board coming 9-4-7-K-2, that's exactly what happened.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »

And now for something completely different - some Names and Numbers.  Facts.  Cold, solid, facts.  All right, chip approximations by me...

Table 1

Glen Chorny -- 322k
Noah Siegel -- 490k
Amit Makhija -- 220k
Anthony Chatelain -- 85k
Walid Bou Habib -- 105k
David Miara -- 290k
Raymond Rahme -- 325k
Johnny Lodden -- 630k

Table 2

Eric Liu -- 380k
Isaac Baron -- 465k
Maxime Villemure -- 390k
Claudio Pagano -- 470k
Rami Boukai -- 430k
Andrew Luetchford -- 120k
Stig Top Rasmussen -- 820k
Antonio Esfandiari -- at least 1 mil but possibly more

Table 3

Oyvind Riisem -- 600k-800k dependent on whether the stacks behind the visible stacks were brown or blue
Robin Keston -- c. 1 million
Denes Kalo -- 670k
Stefan Geim -- 290k
Henrik Gwinner -- 340k
Peter Traply  -- 350k
Valeriy Ilikyan -- 290k

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:59:15 PM by Djinn » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »

After the aforementioned clash, Gerasimos Deres found himself with just 63,000 and looking for the earliest opportunity to push, and when he was dealt Pocket Fives, he made his move. Unfortunately for him, nemesis Miara woke up with Queens, and a 4-T-3-3-T board later he was gone.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »

For anyone having trouble with their links/who doesn't like moving images and prefers words:  Freddy Deeb has busted out over on the TV table.  A-T (?) vs. JJ which hit a set for good measure.

eldenz
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »

Btw that's Vincent Secher, right? (You guys watching the live feed probably know more about what's happening on the tv table than we do.) Mr Secher, and this might be a lie, is allegedly currently staying in a tent in Nice owing to having no money, or general eccentricity, or something. Most odd.
yep, vincent secher. he got a room sponsored by pokerstars in the meanwhile though, nice PR for pstars. "he only played a $7 qualifier and now already has $60k" they told the story as advertisement on the stream. (yeah, in USD the number is higher than EUR :p).
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »

An interesting hand on Table 3...

Robin Keston raises utg. Peter Traply calls him. Have to say Robin looks a bit nervous to me. Read into that what you will.

Flop - Two Clubs and Keston bets 30k. Traply considers, and calls.

Turn - - and now they both check.

River - and Mr Keston fires out 45k. Mr Traply considers for a while, and passes. Mr Keston's hands seem to be shaking a bit as he rakes in the chips. Massive bluff? Excitement from actually having an awesome hand? Rheumatism? We will never know.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »

On a 3d-7h-5c board, Rasmussen (big blind) bets out 50k only for Claudio Pagano (button) to make it 155k. Rasmussen asked for a count, which, incidentally, was circa 235k, before eventually passing.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

yep, vincent secher. he got a room sponsored by pokerstars in the meanwhile though, nice PR for pstars. "he only played a $7 qualifier and now already has $60k" they told the story as advertisement on the stream. (yeah, in USD the number is higher than EUR :p).

yeah gogogo Vincent 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Phezz

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »

just saw our montreal boy maxime villemure pull in chips from a guy who just went busto. w00t w00t!!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 02:07:55 PM »

Daniel and his companion on EPT live telly keep saying Vincent sleeps in a tent during this tourney...so the Stars hotel must be shit Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »

Chip leader Antonio Esfandiari showing off his monster stack:

Something tells me that Antonio might be joining the photoshop queue for Dana's zombie pic.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Yep, Maxime Villemure indeed busted someone (Dana has all the details coming).  But seeing as he seems to be getting involved a bunch - here's another hand he just won:

He raised in the cutoff and found Stig Top Rasmussen playing back at him from the big blind.  It looked like a re-raise of 26k, which was either a min-raise or close to it.  Action back to Villemure, who slowly and deliberately raised again, a further 68k.  Suddenly it looked like two deep stacks were going to go to war...

Tank for Rasmussen, and an evenutal pass.  Villemure showed the Two Diamonds

"I KNEW it!" exclaims Rasmussen, against all the evidence.

Phezz

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »

Yep, Maxime Villemure indeed busted someone (Dana has all the details coming).  But seeing as he seems to be getting involved a bunch - here's another hand he just won:

He raised in the cutoff and found Stig Top Rasmussen playing back at him from the big blind.  It looked like a re-raise of 26k, which was either a min-raise or close to it.  Action back to Villemure, who slowly and deliberately raised again, a further 68k.  Suddenly it looked like two deep stacks were going to go to war...

Tank for Rasmussen, and an evenutal pass.  Villemure showed the Two Diamonds

"I KNEW it!" exclaims Rasmussen, against all the evidence.

[X] obv.
[X] standard.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 02:28:50 PM »

Almost Last Brit Standing Mr Andrew Luetchford, armed with , shoves his shortstack into the place where shortstacks go when they shove - that is, the middle, or, as it turns out, into a world of pain, as Maxime Villeneuve calls him with .

Board - two hearts

Almost Last Brit Standing = not standing any more. I mean, he is, but only for purposes of leaving:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: