blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  This situation keeps coming up
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This situation keeps coming up  (Read 2183 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »

Its always good to disagree imo m8, its the best way to learn. I do actually agree with you on this problem after more reflection. This is one of the trickiest situations that comes up time and again esp against a LAG. Far easier problem in position and againt a more abc player.

This should be a clear solution owing to the fact villain looks fairly nitty. So prolly c/c flop and c/f turn is best as he shouldnt fire turn with worse as a big chunk of our range has tripped up and we look stubborn.

However, in general versus a more open/loose opponent.......

Oop i dont favour the cc flop line with a good made hand after calling a 3bet preflop. Its just so hard to not end up in marginal spots for stacks on the river.

I think our hand is likely good here a huge bunch of the time, but incredibly vulnerable. I dont like the idea of giving free cards oop. Look at the state of that board!
I dont want a good villain repping any A,K or Q that lands and i dont want to give 1010 a 6out shot. Too many scare cards and too often we end up pot-commited on turn where we have no idea where we are.

Im not raising for value here, our hand isnt big enough to get worse to call imo. Im raising because our hand is likely good and i want to take the initiative. Also i dont want my check raise range to be monsters or bluffs.

basically, yeah, ur right Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: