blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: FINAL TABLE  (Read 24439 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

Oyvind shoves again in what is becoming an oft repeated pattern...the other players all fold...at some point he will be looked up and double or bust but for now, he is just picking up the meaty blinds relentlessly...

Oyvind shoves again in what is becoming an oft repeated pattern...the other players all fold...at some point he will be looked up and double or bust but for now, he is just picking up the meaty blinds relentlessly...

Oyvind shoves again in what is becoming an oft repeated pattern...the other players all fo......NO NO NO WAIT!!!!

This time Kjetil has had enough and calls Oyvind's shove! We have a showdown!

Oyvind , Kjetil : , it's a race folks! Let's see them cards...

FLOP: - A mighty Nordic cheer resounds around DTD as the popular Oyvind moves into the lead...

TURN:

RIVER: ! Oyvind doubles through! The pattern is broken...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »

Marcus raises preflop to 160k... Kjetil is the one re-raising all in now.  Marcus instacalls all in, for a  huge pot.

Marcus:
Kjetil:

The board comes and there is some applause, but equal "Boooo"ing from the Norwegians (who were equally vocal in their support of Oyvind, who seems very popular).  This is because he's actually Swedish and probably shouldn't win the Norwegian Championships, from the point of view of national pride and Expekt.com, I would imagine...  But then someone came on the mic speaking Norwegian and presumably told them that this wasn't very gentlemanly or how it was done in Norway, so some applause sounded for Pettersson's double up right at the end.

Kjetil, having once been a monster chip leader, is now suffering in the crucial races, and although still in could be in trouble.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 11:16:40 PM »

At the moment the players are taking it in turns to makes riases and pick up the blinds. There is a limited amount of time this can last before they go for it. I say someone's patience will snap soon...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:22 PM »

Honestly, over half an hour of raising/passing or raising/re-raising/passing. 
Flops seen: 0
Hands seen: 0
Naked ladies seen: 1

Will report as soon as there is anything to do so...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:32 PM »

OMG a flop!  This time when Marcus Pettersson raises on the button, small blind Stig Kveen called.

are the first cards I've seen for a while.  Stig checks, Marcus bets 300k.  Very quick call...
Turn:    Stig requests a countdown on his opponent... and moves all in, after a minute or so.  Back to Marcus, who passes, at this juncture.
Stig shows .  Which, while we were waiting for the inevitable tank to end, Junglecat put him spot on.  If only he could speak Norwegian...he'd be in the commentary box lucking out with his hand guesses live on air!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 11:39:13 PM »

*****************************20 min break*********************************

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »

Back from the break, the battle continues.

Kev has been suitably chastised for failing to snap the bare naked lady parading round the poker floor (king of norkage my ****!)

Marcus raises to 200k, Stig shoves and once again Marcus is forced to lay down. Stig is really pwning him hard at the moment and with his mighty 3 million plus stack it will be very hard for the others to catch him...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

Chip Counts:

Stig Rune Kveen -- 3,250,000
Marcus Pettersson -- 700,000
Kjetil Skau -- 691,000
Oyvind Efraimsen -- 636,000

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

Kjetil raises to 150k..and picks up the juicy 95k that is in the pot preflop...

Oyvind riases to 150k, Stig once again just uses his enormous stack to shove over the top of his opponent, and Oyvind INSTA-folds.

What is happening here is that the 3 shorter stacks are all unwilling to bust in 4th spot so Stig is just coming over the top all the time, making them fold, buffering his already ENORMOUS stack and beginning to almost lock up this event...

As if he to prove his domination, the next hand he calls a raise from Kjetil then just bets out 150k on the flop. Kjetil passes, Stig shows a total bluff...

...he has 70% of the chips in play now. Can anyone stop him???

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »

Shortest stack Oyvind Efraimsen pushes pre - Marcus says call, in that matter-of-fact, instant way one does with ACES...

Marcus:
Oyvind: 

Flop:  Two Clubs
Turn: 
River: 

So it is indeed all over for Oyvind Efraimsen, who finishes in 4th position, winning £17,320 or 173,121.75 NOK

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:10 AM »

A flop is seen by Stig Kveen and Marcus Pettersson... no action at this point...
Turn:   Now there's 50k bet out from Stig, called by button Marcus.
River:    Now Stig looks at his impassively chip-riffling Swedish opponent, counts out what looks like 200k, bets it, and is rewarded with a pass.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »

Kjetil shoves preflop, and gets called by Marcus!

Norwegian/ Swede action!!!

Marcus shows a fine ...

Kjetil, a less fine, but LIVE, .

So to the flop.

FLOP: ...and the value of live cards is plain to see as Kjetil's hand races into the lead. Can it hold?

TURN: NO! Marcus spikes one of his required 6 outs and Kjetil is nearly gone...

RIVER: two spades...that's IT! No miracle means Kjetil has blown a fuse, and...

Kjetil Skau is OUT, eliminated in 3rd spot, winning £24,897

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »

So now, it's nation vs. nation....

vs.

Click to see full-size image.

It's Norway with the advantage in the form of Stig's chip lead, but will it hold??  Join us after this short break.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2008, 12:42:52 AM »

Small point of clarification here.

As this is the NORWEGIAN poker championships, and there is only ONE norwegian left standing, Stig Rune Kveen, it has been announced that Stig is the Norwegian poker champion! He wins the title, the bonus of a WSOP ME seat and the trophy I believe. A little odd to find ourselves in this situation but that is the way it is and his opponent Marcus Pettersson, being Swedish, is playing on solely for the shot at first prize, a juicy £70,362, a worthy prize in itself...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:26 AM »

Marcus Pettersson -- 1,155,000
Stig Rune Kveen -- 3,890,000

They just announced Stig as the New Norwegian Poker Champion, to a vigorous round of applause and cheering from his remaining countrymen who, from the sound of it, have just been biding their time mingled in with all the cash games and, surprise surprise, drinking.  The trophy is already officially his - but can he cement his victory by taking the first prize?

Probably.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: