blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:53:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Blonde Omaha
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde Omaha  (Read 8382 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »

Wow Lastminutedecisionaments

Me too Wink

Must be the way to go
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »

Wow Lastminutedecisionaments

Me too Wink

Must be the way to go

wrong i bought in at last minute didnt stop me getting bad beated out of a 2nd comp in 2 days in under 30 minutes

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

I'd like to thank everybody I played against in the Omaha for making me better at the game.

I entered it specifically as an Omaha lesson, but the amount I learned from that tournament was much more than I could have ever expected.

So thank you to everyone who:

(1) Showed me by playing how to play better,
(2) Showed me by playing what I was doing wrong,
(3) and especially the one or two people who just told me where I was going wrong and how to do it better.   

Hopefully I'll remember it all and I won't have to rely quite so much on luck next time I play.  thumbs up

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:29 PM »

I'd like to thank everybody I played against in the Omaha for making me better at the game.

I entered it specifically as an Omaha lesson, but the amount I learned from that tournament was much more than I could have ever expected.

(3) and especially the one or two people who just told me where I was going wrong and how to do it better.   

Hopefully I'll remember it all and I won't have to rely quite so much on luck next time I play.  thumbs up

Well said Jon.. I was exactly the same, never played omaha before in my life.. Compo and Tikay giving Tantrum, Kinboshi and me a lesson before the game, me asking the table if it was a good fold / play after folding or winning a pot.. I only played because brother wanted to play the comp, and I end up
a) lasting longer 
b) losing in that 3 way all in pot against that luckbox... 

A great way to finish the weekend, and showed the true spirit of blonde... Im glad u won it M3, at least I can say I beat you in one pot.. 

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »

Well said Jon.. I was exactly the same, never played omaha before in my life.. Compo and Tikay giving Tantrum, Kinboshi and me a lesson before the game, me asking the table if it was a good fold / play after folding or winning a pot.. I only played because brother wanted to play the comp, and I end up
a) lasting longer 
b) losing in that 3 way all in pot against that luckbox...  (George2loose Cheesy)

A great way to finish the weekend, and showed the true spirit of blonde... Im glad u won it M3, at least I can say I beat you in one pot.. 
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »

Our chat in the break where 13 were left was classic though. You reassuring me that you were going to only play premium hands before the FT then losing 50% of your stack in the next few hands. I think we were both gutted when George rivered his higher st8 to triple up with 9 left. Did you cash?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »

Our chat in the break where 13 were left was classic though. You reassuring me that you were going to only play premium hands before the FT then losing 50% of your stack in the next few hands. I think we were both gutted when George rivered his higher st8 to triple up with 9 left. Did you cash?

no - bubble

The details are too traumatic for me to recall though Cry

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

BTW Jon, that river 5 was a one outer 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 01:08:38 AM by M3boy » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 12:32:01 AM »

lol... it was my favourite hand

I had pot odds

Straights had been coming out all night

They were double suited!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 07:13:40 AM »

BTW Jon, that river 5 was a one outer 

Have you just passed on your bad luck to me?  Wink

Hopefully I can find somebody else to pass it on to.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: