blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  X factor audition
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X factor audition  (Read 5566 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »

well he didn't get through Sad 

I did manage to pull off an Indestructable though and probably get myself on the telly, and got a bit of an insight into the show's production.  The way it worked yesterday was everyone had an audition with one of the show's producers or a record company exec.  Anyone that got through that stage then went on immediately to a further audition with the show's executive producers (i.e. the bigwigs).  People that get through that will see the celeb judges at a later date. 

Now, you know when you're watching the show and they show people arriving and waiting to have their audition before they go in?  That's all filmed backwards.  At a couple of points during the day a group or singer that had already had thier audition with the executive producers were sent back to the holding area to be filmed 'arriving' and told to 'look bored' then maybe burst into impromptu song.  Not long after we arrived four young girls who had entered as a group were brought back in to 'wait' and sing a rather good version of 'you keep me hanging on' whilst being filmed.  Keep an eye out for them on the box because I'm sat right behind them (no make up and a spotty face, ldo).

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

Have you seen this dude, hes absolutely deluded. The audition isnt the funny part, the aftermath is

PS sorry about hijacking your thread, didnt think it deserved its own though

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »

Grin Jihad on Simon?
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

[ ]this guy is actually under the delusion he's any god

[X]he thinks acting like this will get him on t.v

[X]He's right

[X]Acting like this 6 years ago on popstars was a bit amusing when the person genuinly thought they were better than they were.

[X]Acting like it now just illustrates the British public will watch any old shit
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:10:07 PM by bolt pp » Logged
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

Grin Jihad on Simon?

lol sledge

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »

I did manage to pull off an Indestructable though and probably get myself on the telly, and got a bit of an insight into the show's production.  The way it worked yesterday was everyone had an audition with one of the show's producers or a record company exec.  Anyone that got through that stage then went on immediately to a further audition with the show's executive producers (i.e. the bigwigs).  People that get through that will see the celeb judges at a later date. 

Now, you know when you're watching the show and they show people arriving and waiting to have their audition before they go in?  That's all filmed backwards.  At a couple of points during the day a group or singer that had already had thier audition with the executive producers were sent back to the holding area to be filmed 'arriving' and told to 'look bored' then maybe burst into impromptu song.  Not long after we arrived four young girls who had entered as a group were brought back in to 'wait' and sing a rather good version of 'you keep me hanging on' whilst being filmed.  Keep an eye out for them on the box because I'm sat right behind them (no make up and a spotty face, ldo).

Has this been on yet?

PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 06:37:59 PM »

Only just seen this, but feel I have to make a comment!

I'm a singer and have auditioned for the X Factor before (in 2006 I believe).  Basically it is all a big fix.  Everyone who applies gets an audition, but at these "initial rounds" which the public is shielded from they only put through the people who they think will make good TV.  At my audition there were countless great singers there, but the people who were getting a "red letter" (ticket through to the next round) where mostly the idiots.  A pair of teenage girls with "X" & "Factor" written on paper stuck to their bums who danced and sang worse than the cheeky girls got through for example.  They are basically looking for the people who a) make good TV because they are shit and we can laugh at them or b) have some of kind of interesting background story as well as a good voice.  I also found out from a producer that most of the final 12 who make it to the live shows are "invited" to audition by the show from talent agencies.  The big crowds that you see outside on the telly are all filmed from one open call audition date, usually in Manchester, where half of them never get to audition, they just want to be able to film large crowds queuing up to audition. 

It's not very genuine, and is definitely made for TV, and thus very fake.  Anyone who actually wants to make it as a singer has virtually no hope by going on this show.  It's not until you get to the point of seeing the real judges that it's actually based more on singing ability.  They aren't looking for great singers, at least not at this stage, they are looking for great entertainment.  Having said all this, it was a good day out for me and I enjoyed the experience.  Even thought I know what really goes on back stage I'm still sucked in to watching, because you have to admit those idiots are pretty funny.

(Not that I'm bitter or anything 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 06:40:59 PM by PocketLady » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »

lol@ X-factor is a fix shocker....really?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »

Not exactly unexpected I know, but still think it's ridiculous about most of the final 12 being pretty much pre-selected.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »

I heard that Ferrari are going to win this series of X-Factor.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »

Not exactly unexpected I know, but still think it's ridiculous about most of the final 12 being pretty much pre-selected.

why is this ridiculous?
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 07:42:31 PM »

I'm a singer and have auditioned for the X Factor before (in 2006 I believe).  Basically it is all a big fix.  Everyone who applies gets an audition, but at these "initial rounds" which the public is shielded from they only put through the people who they think will make good TV.  At my audition there were countless great singers there, but the people who were getting a "red letter" (ticket through to the next round) where mostly the idiots.  A pair of teenage girls with "X" & "Factor" written on paper stuck to their bums who danced and sang worse than the cheeky girls got through for example.  They are basically looking for the people who a) make good TV because they are shit and we can laugh at them or b) have some of kind of interesting background story as well as a good voice.  I also found out from a producer that most of the final 12 who make it to the live shows are "invited" to audition by the show from talent agencies.  The big crowds that you see outside on the telly are all filmed from one open call audition date, usually in Manchester, where half of them never get to audition, they just want to be able to film large crowds queuing up to audition. 

It's not very genuine, and is definitely made for TV, and thus very fake.  Anyone who actually wants to make it as a singer has virtually no hope by going on this show.  It's not until you get to the point of seeing the real judges that it's actually based more on singing ability.  They aren't looking for great singers, at least not at this stage, they are looking for great entertainment.  Having said all this, it was a good day out for me and I enjoyed the experience.  Even thought I know what really goes on back stage I'm still sucked in to watching, because you have to admit those idiots are pretty funny.

Like many people I'm not at all surprised by any of this and in the end it is good entertainment. What I truely despise about X-Factor is how it continues to publicly ridicule some people who clearly need protecting from themselves. Some of those it makes a fool of clearly aren't playing with a full deck and it's just wrong. The great big fix factor I have no problem with but please spare us the humiliation of some of these individuals. I enjoy the finals but I think the auditions are very uncomfortable viewing at times. 

ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »

As a real singer,u should have sussed this........I feel sorry for the grafters,who have to join in thi charade,to get a brea.

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: