blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 (June) Freezeout Final Day - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 (June) Freezeout Final Day - Interactive  (Read 52941 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »

its a good deal if u think that you are the worst player in the last 3.

No I didn't think I was the worst player left and was absolutely torn as to which way to go with it.  Deep down I wanted to play on tbh but decided that to chance a lot of money with one tiny mistake from me or a stupid unlucky outdraw??  Couldn't do it.  Also to be honest if I had more money behind me I go for the win too but spent a lot lately (and done some maybe lol).

Thanks for your thoughts boyo x

hope i didnt sound like a nob in my post. Wp, youre still my favourite chillibobs x

You sound like a nob in all your posts mate, we are all used to it tbh

HI HELEN!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »

Well done Chicka!!!   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »

Big well done to Matt Russell (aka EvilPie) who won the £200 freezeout last night to go along with his win in the £20 rebuy on Friday!

sick fk winning that. well played.

Sick fk!!!

How very dare you......  Wink

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »

wp maria congrates! gl in the next 3-2-1!

this is my personal indicator when i'm doing a deal...
since maria believes she is a superior player, even with the slightly lower amount of chips, chances of winning is at least average....
maria 28% of chips
simon 35% of chips
ali      37% of chips
so assuming with an edge, maria comes 1st 33%, 2nd 33% and 3rd 33%
EV=(33% of £12,810 + 33% of £7,300 + 33% of £4,800)
   = £8303
so from this overly simplified calculation, ali got a great deal, simon about right and maria is below expected value
ali outchips maria by about 2-1 (290k more chips) diff in cash is £2565
ali outchips simon by 80k diff in cash is £818
there is no point having more than 900k chips as chip count does not let you cash in more than 1st prize! not that the other players will let you do a deal whereby you get close to 1st prize as you will not win 1st 100% of the time! so no way will you get more than £10,000 doing a deal and that is with 50% of chips in play! so about 45% of the chips in play is the optimal amount which when you do a chip count deal gives you alot more than your expected value!!!
This chip count deal allowed by DTD is flawed in this way as it favours the big stack and over-fuks the short stacks!
so with this structure...i think it calls for ultra aggression! blinds are big...swings are big...anything can happen...50% of chips is quite vulnerable...but pays alot more than the edge you get from a 50% chips in play stack...time to cash in! £££ if you have 75% of chips in play and some muppets agree to do a deal...bingo! guarantees a 1st place finish!! Smiley

can any one/does anyone want to precis this - I'm sure it's interesting but I can't read it.  Tnx ;-)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »

Well done that man, & deal was fine thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »

Brilliant result getting 3rd (sorry equal 1st!!) in the deepstack. WP Maria.

Not sure about the deal. I think it depends on your bankroll and how confident you are or how lucky you're feeling. I think if it was your night you would've known it and played on.

To me being a purely recreational player I always take deals. I'm not greedy and 2.2k is a lot to lose.

Ultimately whatever decision you made was your decision and nothing to do with anyone else so it has got to be the right decision.

Well done 

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:26 PM »

it's maths,innit

Given (if you believe Maria was the best player and could overcome a chip deficit) a 33% probability for each of finishing 1st,2nd or 3rd Maria should have dealt for £8k + (average of the three payouts). Under the dtd formula she got £7k, which penalises the shortest stack relative to a negotiated deal where the short stack gets more equity.

This takes no account though of non-maths subjective factors such as bankroll considerations, tiredness, desire to get home etc etc!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »

Posted by: Chili
Hmm this deal is interesting and would appreciate peoples thoughts on this matter as I have a bit of grief for dealing.  I know its a bit tricky to get every part of this without being there or watching the table etc.
Making the final deal seems to be an extension of the poker game itself. I have seen some real deal masters take much more than their chips or the maths entitled them to. I think the answer to being a better deal maker lies here...
Posted by: TightEnd
non-maths subjective factors such as bankroll considerations, tiredness, desire to get home etc etc!

People play the game. And these are the vulnerable areas to target. Should you wish to take advantage??

Posted by: Chili
decided that to chance a lot of money with one tiny mistake from me or a stupid unlucky outdraw??  Couldn't do it.  Also to be honest if I had more money behind me I go for the win too but spent a lot lately

This sort of stuff can weaken your position, your oppo is "relieved" to deal himself. But hey, that's only natural. I think playing a thoroughly enjoyable weekend of poker before cashing 7k is a pretty nice spot to find yourself in really. wp.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »

Mantis, bear in mind that at DTD there are no deal negotiations - you either get what the chip count calculation says or you play on.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

Mantis, bear in mind that at DTD there are no deal negotiations - you either get what the chip count calculation says or you play on.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »

Mantis has greyer hair than I was expecting.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »

Mantis has greyer hair than I was expecting.

Shorter than I thought he'd be as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »

My opinion, for what it is worth, the deal was fine. Even more so if at the time you felt it was right. Mighty fine pay day.  xx

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

Awesome debates guys tyvm.  In the cold light of day and after all the comments, I am still glad of the deal.  As most people say, It's a very personal thing and only those persons considering any given deal at any time knows what pressures (or not) they are under.

I loved hearing everyones opinions because at the end of the day we (I) are not in this position every day or every week in fact and each time is experience gathering.

As it stands I needed the GTD dosheroons but next final table I swear the situation will be different and I would deffo go all out for the win, so you better watch out whoever I'm up against!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

Awesome debates guys tyvm.  In the cold light of day and after all the comments, I am still glad of the deal.  As most people say, It's a very personal thing and only those persons considering any given deal at any time knows what pressures (or not) they are under.

I loved hearing everyones opinions because at the end of the day we (I) are not in this position every day or every week in fact and each time is experience gathering.

As it stands I needed the GTD dosheroons but next final table I swear the situation will be different and I would deffo go all out for the win, so you better watch out whoever I'm up against!

Now who would like to be up against you when you're going all out?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: