blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Amsterdam Master Classics, Day Two Live Update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam Master Classics, Day Two Live Update  (Read 43497 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 01:54:39 PM »

The chipleader yesterday I would have estimated at having around 120,000.  In fact, Josef Kollaritz has built now a stack of nearly 200,000, almost three times that of his closest runner-up.  He is on the same table as the charismatic Bruno Fitoussi, but the rate at which he has knocked out players may have led to it being broken already... off to see, and check on Paddy etc.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 01:55:53 PM »

Just bumped into John Shipley - he's moved up from 8,500 overnight to 20,000.

When they talk about "best players in Europe" this fella rarely gets a mention, but believe me, he's right up there with the best, Live and online. He keeps a low profile, and is a quiet, shy man. But when he gives you the staredown, it's cheek clenching time. He has an awesome table presence - like, for example, Peter Roche, Phil Ivey, Howard Lederer - some guys can just send a shiver down your spine by looking at you. The Ship is one of them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 01:59:29 PM »

When they talk about "best players in Europe" this fella rarely gets a mention, but believe me, he's right up there with the best, Live and online. He keeps a low profile, and is a quiet, shy man. But when he gives you the staredown, it's cheek clenching time. He has an awesome table presence - like, for example, Peter Roche, Phil Ivey, Howard Lederer - some guys can just send a shiver down your spine by looking at you. The Ship is one of them.

agreed!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 01:59:31 PM »

Hi Boo, yes, we will Ty & get p;ics today, but we are effectively banned from takng pics here, & we have to make a judgement call between getting thown out, & being here till the end. Others ARE taking pics, so we will have to decide how to play it. We know how important pics are, but we sure can't take 'em if we get thrown out.

Softly softly, we will start pushing the line as the day goes on, & see what happens.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 02:02:49 PM »

agreed!

Junior experienced the Shipley stare at Walsall in January, Juniors first ever biggie, in which he got second to El Blondie & picked up a whopping £37k.
[/quot

Break time, & Junior says to me (I'm railbirding him) "who that gyuy who keeps giving me the stare of death?".

Minutes later, The Ship says to me, "Hey Tony, who IS that kid who keeps staring back at me & pushing in on me?".......

Balloo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 02:07:49 PM »

Hi Tikay & Jen

Whats the payout structure for the event?

Thanks

The bear
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 02:14:05 PM »

Hi Balloo -

The payouts are currently not in paper form (apart from the percentages of the pool per place which I've got somewhere) but someone said they were scrolling across a screen somewhere so I'll see what I can note down before I get that seasick feeling.

Hello Surprise -

Isabelle is still in, although has gone down to about 11,000.  Will keep you posted, of course.

Other counts:

Malcolm McKinlay (Red Fox)  15,500
Ken Corkery       12,500 (well, he's the guy next to John Kabbaj)
Thomas Middleton  65,000
T. Fougeron   70,000
Noah Boeken  36,000
Bruno Fitoussi  80,000 (just moved to Noah's left)
John Kabbaj    37,000

Tikay doing the next two tables, so you can have a constant stream of information.  Having a bit of trouble identifying some of the players so it's time for the old name-requesting routine I reckon.

luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 02:16:44 PM »

Ken Corkery       12,500 (well, he's the guy next to John Kabbaj)

Ask him his name Jen, If you don't understand him then it is Ken! Tell him I said hello and good luck!

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 02:20:24 PM »

There are 78 players remaining - unfortunately I reckon Paddy O'Connor is not one of them as his seat is currently occupied by Red Fox.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2005, 02:21:58 PM »

Rob Hollink OUT, & we are down to around 80 players, & they are falling thick & fast.

Rob moved in with  and was in bad shape against Matey Boys  Ah .

The    flop gave him hope, & a few extra outs, but they never came.

Medanwhile, news of a special blondeite who's motoring........

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 02:23:13 PM »

Stuart Fox has......75k!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »

Waiting with baited breath

I hope you're not using maggots  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 02:29:50 PM »

Maggots? He don't need maggots - you seen his jumper?

John Shipley 35k - two double throughs today. Watch out boys!

Chicken Joe 20k

Tim Flanders 6k

Pippa Flanders 24k

Isabelle 10k

Steve Jelenik - had a HUGE hand yesterday when he flopped the broadway straight against a non-believer with pocket threes! - 58k.

More in a mo......

portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 02:31:16 PM »

excellent work all.

gl foxy and  co.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »

Come on the Brummies!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: