blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 622764 times)
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: December 03, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »

London Boulevard

A disgrace

Wonderful cast (Farrell, Ikea Knightley, Winston, Thewlis) let down by a horrible script and the biggest load of gangster cliches you will ever see on the screen

Walked out with 20 minutes to go as I was so cross.

Im beginning to think that of most gangster flicks, US and UK, only one I have liked in a very long time was the departed.

Best UK gangster film in a long time is Layercake!

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 03, 2010, 11:50:36 AM »

Layer Cake is superb.Quality film.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1427 on: December 03, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »

Was subjected to 'Nine' the other night, what a strange ta-do.

For a moment I thought you were talking about "9", rather than "Nine". "9" is strange, but in a different way. Haven't seen "Nine". Isn't it supposed to be about Federico Fellini?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »

Was subjected to 'Nine' the other night, what a strange ta-do.

For a moment I thought you were talking about "9", rather than "Nine". "9" is strange, but in a different way. Haven't seen "Nine". Isn't it supposed to be about Federico Fellini?

Er, you ask that in a such as if I'm meant to have heard of however that is...!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1429 on: December 03, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0056801/

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

Yeah it is, not exacltly showing my cultured side having never heard of him, but there we are.

Plenty of tatsy women in it was the only bonus.  Smiley

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1431 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »

Saw Predators last night.......meh.

Started off pretty bad, I wont spoil it but obviously in a film like this they are gonna kill off a lot of the cast and imo they killed off the one character I think fitted with the film best right at the start, without even seeing him in action. They rescued it a bit near the end with some decent twists and action, but overall it was only ok. It actually resembled Aliens much more than it did the sequel to the Arnie classic, including the most shameless attempt to recreate the Bill Paxton 'Hudson' character.

Worst part was Adrien Brody -  his character was good, he acted it well and yes he got quite ripped for it, but I just could not believe he was the harden marine they claimed he was, all I could see was Adrien Brody, how the hell does he keep getting these roles? Im sure Danny De Vito or Tom Hanks could have acted the same part well but you simply have to look at them and you wouldnt believe it, the same here, bad casting imo.

They appear to have left it open for a sequel too, which is bad.

After seeing the trailers for Tron and watching this (plus karate kid, a -team, terminator etc etc), I came to the conclusion last night that as long as a film crew stick to a reasonable budget, these sequels/remakes are guaranteed to make a huge profit on their name alone. Why the hell would anyone remake Tron? I bet it makes a ton though, maybe its time for a new robocop or weekend at bernies?
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

Saw Predators last night.......meh.

Started off pretty bad, I wont spoil it but obviously in a film like this they are gonna kill off a lot of the cast and imo they killed off the one character I think fitted with the film best right at the start, without even seeing him in action. They rescued it a bit near the end with some decent twists and action, but overall it was only ok. It actually resembled Aliens much more than it did the sequel to the Arnie classic, including the most shameless attempt to recreate the Bill Paxton 'Hudson' character.

Worst part was Adrien Brody -  his character was good, he acted it well and yes he got quite ripped for it, but I just could not believe he was the harden marine they claimed he was, all I could see was Adrien Brody, how the hell does he keep getting these roles? Im sure Danny De Vito or Tom Hanks could have acted the same part well but you simply have to look at them and you wouldnt believe it, the same here, bad casting imo.

They appear to have left it open for a sequel too, which is bad.

After seeing the trailers for Tron and watching this (plus karate kid, a -team, terminator etc etc), I came to the conclusion last night that as long as a film crew stick to a reasonable budget, these sequels/remakes are guaranteed to make a huge profit on their name alone. Why the hell would anyone remake Tron? I bet it makes a ton though, maybe its time for a new robocop or weekend at bernies?

Spot on review of Predators...and yeah Tron was pretty naff in 1982 apart from the bike races, pretty much looks like that will be the fact in the new one...
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1433 on: December 05, 2010, 02:00:54 PM »

Went to see Megamind with the kids yesterday. Superb film. I think one of my favouritist animations recently. Very similar premise to Despicable Me (which is also good, but quite "light", and a bit obvious in places). Megamind works on child/adult levels very well - kids absolutely loved it for the action and slapstick, I loved it for that, plus the great characterisation and the amusing references to other films (especially the Superman/Marlon Brando/Godfather thing, you have to see it, had me in stitches and the kids sitting there wondering what was so funny).

The 3D works extremely well too.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 05, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Secretariat. Disney at its best imo, absolutely fantastic. Fluffy, fluffy, morals, morals, bit more fluff...and pull that tearjerk handle.

Racing scenes not great but not bad either. Got better going through the triple crown races.

Diane Lane perfect in the lead role. Weird to say about John Malkovich, given he's always top class, but he somehow didn't fit. Robert Duvall ftw.

Obscene that only five were in the audience while they were queueing to get into Harry Potter. Sunday primetime. The other four left the screen in floods. Not me, though, made of sterner stuff.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »

Secretariat. Disney at its best imo, absolutely fantastic. Fluffy, fluffy, morals, morals, bit more fluff...and pull that tearjerk handle.

Racing scenes not great but not bad either. Got better going through the triple crown races.

Diane Lane perfect in the lead role. Weird to say about John Malkovich, given he's always top class, but he somehow didn't fit. Robert Duvall ftw.

Obscene that only five were in the audience while they were queueing to get into Harry Potter. Sunday primetime. The other four left the screen in floods. Not me, though, made of sterner stuff.

Of course u liked it..it had a bloody horse in it...innit

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 06, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »

Watched MACHETE last night. (The Danny Trejo film)

very funny, its gotta be a spoof.

Robert Rodriguez at his best,

The naked women , Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, Lindsay Lohan

The mad killer/ mafia/ mexican /drug lords;  Steven Seagal, Robert de niro, Don Johnson and Treat Williams

The trailers a laugh

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1437 on: December 12, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »

Just watched Inception, had very high expectations because every review I've heard was akin to Sledges enjoyment of Breaking Bad, and pleased to say it was as good as everyone says. Very intelligent for a big budget film, I am sure at times they will have been under pressure to make it less confusing and more matrixy (and maybe thats what we got, who knows) but hats off to them for making a very complex film that requires all your attention to keep up, rather than an all action blockbuster.

I wont give anything away but for anyone who has seen it already, the image at the very end I fully expected, however they did it in a way I didnt expect, which is good - wow thats way to cryptic.

Anyway yeah, good, Leo is actually a great actor, he has starred in two of my fave films in the last five years now (Departed being the other)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 12, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »

Just watched Inception, had very high expectations because every review I've heard was akin to Sledges enjoyment of Breaking Bad, and pleased to say it was as good as everyone says. Very intelligent for a big budget film, I am sure at times they will have been under pressure to make it less confusing and more matrixy (and maybe thats what we got, who knows) but hats off to them for making a very complex film that requires all your attention to keep up, rather than an all action blockbuster.

I wont give anything away but for anyone who has seen it already, the image at the very end I fully expected, however they did it in a way I didnt expect, which is good - wow thats way to cryptic.

Anyway yeah, good, Leo is actually a great actor, he has starred in two of my fave films in the last five years now (Departed being the other)

Funny how we all like different things, tried watching it last night, 15 mins in decided it was unwatchable, may try again if I live for a very long time.

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »

Agree with Nirvana unf, this was a walkout job within an hour. Same as The Tourist yesterday.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: