blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Looking For a Backer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking For a Backer!  (Read 10040 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »

Its a fair point tho. These threads are here for people to be offered backing or ask to be backed. The backer knows (or should know) that no returns are guarenteed and that the person will not return anything more often than not! I don't think its fair to take the piss everytime someone doesn't get a return, otherwise this will defeat the point of the board as nobody will bother asking.

Making excuses already?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »

I don't mind piss taking I am used to it on here Smiley

But seriously I would never have asked for a stake if I didn't think i could deliver a return.  I got unlucky in one particular pot when I had loads of outs and I played one hand really bad. 

And one day when I am as flush as Flushy I will repay my backers and put them into something.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »

I don't mind piss taking I am used to it on here Smiley

But seriously I would never have asked for a stake if I didn't think i could deliver a return.  I got unlucky in one particular pot when I had loads of outs and I played one hand really bad. 

And one day when I am as flush as Flushy don't stick everything on a donkey I will repay my backers and put them into something.

FYP Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: