blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  favorite Pictures
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: favorite Pictures  (Read 8313 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »

[ ] good thread

[ x ] Each to their own.

of course.

but the initial pictures are hackneyed, potripper's plagiarising all sorts of quotes(that didnt even seem applicable) and i dont even know wtf the last picture is about.

All the thread needs now is someone to post a pic of Che Guevara to make it a completely cliched joke and waste of time.

(and if there's even a hint of a train i'm leaving the forum) Roll Eyes

This is a Steam Locomotive - NOT a train.

genuinly the first thing that popped into my head when i read that was: "well wtf is the difference"?

I really dont want to know though Roll Eyes

Yes you do.

A "locomotive" is the traction device - Steam Loco, Diesel-electric, Electric, Diesel, whatever, that hauls the train, provides the motive power.

A train is the locomotive & all the rolling stock it hauls - be they carriages, freight wagons, whatever.

DMU's & suchlike, or even London Tube Trains, are "sets" really, as the power comes from multiple power units in the riolling stock.

If you want to know any more, just say.

Today, you have learn't something useful.

Tomorrow, we wil do CERN.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »

fyp

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »

[ ] good thread

[ x ] Each to their own.

of course.

but the initial pictures are hackneyed, potripper's plagiarising all sorts of quotes(that didnt even seem applicable) and i dont even know wtf the last picture is about.

All the thread needs now is someone to post a pic of Che Guevara to make it a completely cliched joke and waste of time.

genuinly the first thing that popped into my head when i read that was: "well wtf is the difference"?

Yes you do.

A "locomotive" is the traction device - Steam Loco, Diesel-electric, Electric, Diesel, whatever, that hauls the train, provides the motive power.

A train is the locomotive & all the rolling stock it hauls - be they carriages, freight wagons, whatever.

DMU's & suchlike, or even London Tube Trains, are "sets" really, as the power comes from multiple power units in the riolling stock.

lol, inadvertantly a couple of questions about trains and the above popped into my head whilst reading that,

I will however NOT asking them, enough for one day!!!!
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2008, 02:13:37 AM »

Awwww Andrew's not got any pictures

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:47 AM »

Hey leave my m8 Tikay alone

Hes an" Loco" Expert

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 02:25:37 AM »

Ok , here me an a few mates playing poker

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 02:26:50 AM »

Hey , What , I'm not in it,

I took the picture silly

Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 09:15:40 AM »

[ ] good thread

[ x ] Each to their own.

of course.

Yes you do.

Don't know why I find this interesting but actually I do. Just checking my understanding though.

So a train is only a train when powered by a locomotive, so the tube, etc aren't really trains.

A train only comes into being when the locomotive is attached to carriages, etc. When not connected we have only a locomotive and some carriages.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »

crow you nutter 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

[ ] good thread

[ x ] Each to their own.

of course.

Yes you do.

Don't know why I find this interesting but actually I do. Just checking my understanding though.

So a train is only a train when powered by a locomotive, so the tube, etc aren't really trains.

A train only comes into being when the locomotive is attached to carriages, etc. When not connected we have only a locomotive and some carriages.

Well, "train" describes the complete article - loco, rolling stock, everything.

An "engine", diesel loco or whatever, in isolation, is simply a locomotive.

Assuming passenger travel, a "rake" of carriages, unattached to a locomotive, is just that - a number of carriages linked together.

When the carriages are attached to the motive power unit - "locomotive" - then the whole thing becomes a train. Hauled by a locomotive.

Tubes? That's slightly different. They are known as "tube trains" in lay terms, but different terminology applies. Firstly, motive power for a traditional London Underground Train does not come from a single "motive power unit", or Locomotive - electrical power is taken & converted to tractive power in every, or most, carriages, & not from a "leading vehicle". I suppose strictly speaking they would be called "sets", but I'm not wholly sure, as I tend to major on Main-Line stuff rather than Tube Trains.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

I couldn't find a picture of Che Guevara but this is nearly as good

I loved this sit com. Power to the people and all that. Robert Lyndsey is a star. Does anyone remember GBH? Modelled on Derek Hatton I think.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:49:54 PM by Kev B » Logged

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »

Very poignant pic this one by Banksy.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

I couldn't find a picture of Che Guevara but this is nearly as good

I loved this sit com. Power to the people and all that. Robert Lyndsey is a star. Does anyone remember GBH? Moddled on Derek Hatton I think.

GBH was required watching at the time, excellent series

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 11:08:57 AM »

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: