blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - FINAL TABLE  (Read 33535 times)
knowledge
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »

Davidi sees a flop of with Fintan. He checks to the Irishman who bets out 100,000. Call from Davidi...

The turn is the and the Belgium checks again, only for Fintan to bet out 200,000. Davidi sighs and folds, leaving Fintan to sweep up the pot, showing J-9 for top two!

That has definitely been one of Gavin's strengths on the final table, his unpredictibility. No one has been able to tell when he's bluffing or when he has a hand, which he has used well to his advantage.

LOL, isnt that the whole concept? trying to ensure no one knows when you are bluffing or when you have a real hand? bugger me if i'm wrong...lol
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36:12 PM »

Yes, dark horse Fintan Gavin has been giving them all a run for their money - just now the term I heard bandied about the commentary was 'steamroller.'  His lead is formidable threehanded, and the other two need to double up in a hurry to have any chance of catching him now.

Fintan Gavin -- 4,235,000
Davidi Kitai -- 1,095,000
Sebastian Ruthenberg -- 985,000

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

Sebastian Ruthenberg hasn't given up yet - having moved in preflop repeatedly, he finally found Fintan Gavin with a hand he was prepared to call a shove with:
Gavin: 
Ruthenberg: 

The board came Aceless and with no tense draws, and a relieved Ruthenberg lives to fight another level. 

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

First hand after the break, and Sebastian Ruthenberg gets it all in against Davidi Kitai.  The crowd can barely believe it - 0 to 60 in one hand.. but they both flip A-Q and with no flushy outdraws, they chop that one up.  The crowd cheer anyway.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2008, 11:16:55 PM »

Davidi Kitai steps it up, taking on chip leader Fintan Gavin - first up he called a Gavin raise preflop, checked a flop but then bet out 180k on the turn which was enough to win him the pot.

The very next hand, the same two players saw a flop of , and a quick bet of 200k from Gavin was just as speedily check-raised by Kitai to 800k.  Pass.  The Irishman's chip lead has been eroded somewhat...

jpean

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »

even if he's not the chip leader, David Kitai seems to have a psychological advantage just after the break... Are you ok with that updaters ??

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2008, 11:21:03 PM »

The blinds have got extremely high now - 50k 100k( apologies for our clock, it is malfunctioning as it has never had to reach this level) and there is a ridiculous amount in the pot preflop every time.

A lot of the postflop play has gone out of the game as it only takes a minor move to commit you to the pot now, so the battle for the title will be about who can best adjust to these shortstacked conditions (and of course get lucky!)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:31:35 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2008, 11:39:45 PM »

Gavin and Ruthenberg see a flop of ...

Gavin leads for 240k...

Sebastian...CALLS.

The turn is the three clubs

CHECK from Gavin, CHECK from Sebastian...

RIVER two spades

Gavin check, Ruthenberg bets 220k and Gavin check-raises to 600k...

Sebastian looks confused BUT he calls as he has a 7 for two pair and Gavin taps the table to signify a good call and mucks.

A great pot for Sebastian makes him chip leader now. Amazing, he was shortstacked a moment ago but with the big blinds, it can turn quickly around and that is what has happened...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »

Still aggressive having lost over half his stack, Fintan Gavin raises the button straight away, but folds when Sebastian Ruthenberg, now the CL with 3 million, puts him all in.

Fintan Gavin limps on the small blind; check from bb Ruthenberg.
Flop: three clubs   Fintan bets out 200k, and takes a few back...

Sebastian Ruthenberg moves in on the button, and Kitai takes him on, calling in the small blind.

for Sebastian vs.

Flop:
Turn:
River: Two Diamonds

And with that lack of hit, Davidi Kitai is eliminated in 3rd place, winning €455,000

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »

There was a bit of concern earlier about the possibility of the briefcase of cash awaiting our lucky winner being stolen...

Here at blonde, we believe in justice and fairness at all times, so myself and Jen were only too happy to volunteer to protect the money.

Let's see them get past security NOW!

Click to see full-size image.

Chipleader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2008, 11:51:11 PM »

There was a bit of concern earlier about the possibility of the briefcase of cash awaiting our lucky winner being stolen...

Here at blonde, we believe in justice and fairness at all times, so myself and Jen were only too happy to volunteer to protect the money.

Let's see them get past security NOW!

Click to see full-size image.

Flushy getting revenge?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2008, 11:52:24 PM »

So with that elimination of summer bracelet winner Davidi Kitai, we are left heads up with Sebastian Ruthenberg, who also has a bracelet from the summer, battling Irish jack-in-the-box Fintan Gavin.

He has a big chip lead at the moment:

Sebastian Ruthenberg : 5,050,000
Fintan Gavin               : 1,180,000

It will be hard for the Irishman to come back from here, and with just over 10 big blinds, heads up I think we can expect him to be moving and shaking pretty soon...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2008, 11:56:12 PM »

Here he is, fresh from the table, interviewed for Pokernews and finally smiling as the French press swarm around him immediately afterwards...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »

Incidentally on that last big coinflip, Fintan Gavin passed A-Q from the big blind.

With two players all-in before him and only holding a shortstack, that would be an understandable move in normal circumstances, but allegedly the players have cut a deal, which makes the fold a bit stranger.

In the end, it worked out well as he would have been knocked out too when he missed and now he has a shot at toppling Ruthenberg heads up...

knowledge
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2008, 12:09:14 AM »

is it over, just heard Sebastian won it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: