blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Bargain of the century!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bargain of the century!  (Read 11587 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »

Played the £250 + 250 on thursday, well when i say i played it, i mean i entered it. Sigh. Got off to a good start, flopped a set of 3's and lost the minimum against a set of 5's. Then flopped a set of 5's, bet out 300, got re-raised by smiler (the loosest player you will ever meet at luton) to 1500, flat called by Stu Rutter so shoved for 5k more. Called by smiler and Stu folded. Made a house on the turn so smilers up & down was drawing dead. Took the add on and was sitting nicely on 23k at the break. Nothing much happened for a couple of levels other than moving tables twice which was a shame. Then on the second hand of my new table i had AA cracked by Dan Sansom's 78hh and that set me back. A few more raises with AK & 66 were outdrawn and suddenly i was down to 7k with the blinds at 400-800-50. Final hand was calling a raise with K 10 from serial bluffer chompydonk who raised on the button, flop was A 10 3. i check, chompy bluffs 2k and i call knowing he will 'bluff' the turn. Q on the turn, i check and sure enough chompy bluffs for his last 5k. FFS i call and he turns over 2 pair that he made on the turn and i'm gone. Well done to him tho for bluffing his way to 3rd Grin.

Tonghts £150 is the 3rd of 4 so hopefully can secure a decent cash...

Good luck me.

UL mate glglglgl for tonight
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 12:58:54 AM »

Ah bad times vinnie. No worries though. Hope youve had fun playin them! Obv tell chompy he's a something or other, ill let you choose!!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 07:08:02 AM »

£150 freezout.... 5k chips 45 minute clock, 62 runners. Nothing exciting for the first two levels, got to the break with 5400. Down to 4500 ish i called an EP raise from Ripple11 with 99. Flop A 10 9. i checked ripple bets 1600, i shove he calls with AK and im in the game. Two hands later i limp for 200 on the button with K 10 and UTG limper bets the K 8 6 flop, i call his bets on the flop and river and top pair is good... 15k, then i pick up JJ make it 1k at 150-300-25 and steve kirk moves all in for 4k from the small blind with K 7 spades and my Jacks hold. up to 20k and feeling i may have a chance of a cash. 40 left and i go a bit card dead for a while, nicking a few blinds here and there to get me up to 29l, then at 300-600 i make it 2525 with 88 from utg, compo calls, and the BB who has never played poker live before calls aswell. Flop comes  and the BB shoves for 25k Grin Grin i move all in and compo folds and BB turns over  i scoop the pot and am cruising at 70k ish. Had a few accidents and missed flops but managed to get to the final with 58k with the blinds at 800-1600-100. drop down to 35k and just cant get going, all my raises are getting re-raised or I'm getting moved on on the flop. Also lost a chunk with AK v A5 AIPF and im starting to go backwards. With 8 left i make it 8k to go with QQ and the BB shoves for 16 more, i call and flop the house and im back up to 60k, then i get 10 10 make a standard raise and again the BB shoves for 18k more and hold against his 66. Down to 4 there are some big hands being dealt, sadly not to me ao when claw makes it 11k at 1500-3000 i make it 40k with AJ from the BB, she shoves and im commited and she outdraws me after making a donkey call with AA . SIgh, down to 4700 with the blinds at 2000 4000-200 and in the SB next hand Ripple11 flat calls on the button, i call blind leaving 700 behind if i don't like the flop Wink and claw checks. i move all in for 700 on the river and only ripple can call me with J high and i scoop with A 10!!! I then call almost all in with 74dd and shove for 2k on the 727 flop Back up to 30k i keep shoving as Simon had announced that there would be a chip count at 5.30am if there wasnt an outright winner. Still four handed and after the fourth shove in a row we were down to the last hand of the night and i was lying in 4th place. I found an Ace on the button and shoved for 42k and the BB had clearly had enough and called with K6. I flopped an ace and survived all sorts of outs on the river to get myself up to 88k on the last hand of the night which was enough to get me up to 2nd in chips and claim a £2000 score for me and the stakers. Phew!!!

Well done to claw for claiming the win. Feel free to send her abusive pm's etc, she deserves it IMO And well done to ripple11 for 3rd place and also a non regular poster (alex someone) for fourth.

Last comp tomorrow at 4pm and then i will contact you all to see about money transfers etc.

Cheers

Vinny

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »

good luck Vinny (although you'll be playing for 2nd in the £150 Grin)

LMAO Psychic Claw ffs!!!!!!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »

SHIP SHIP vwp sir nice one
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »

lol - well played last night Vinny - see you later (if I can stay awake!)

PS (just in case....) you'll be playing for 2nd this afternoon Grin

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

lol - well played last night Vinny - see you later (if I can stay awake!)

PS (just in case....) you'll be playing for 2nd this afternoon Grin

QFT!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 12:11:31 PM »

Well played mate.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »

then at 300-600 i make it 2525 with 88 from utg, compo calls, and the BB who has never played poker live before calls aswell.

Hold on, I'm lost. Compo was the BB? Sounds like him, shoving 25k into a pot of 8k with top pair no kicker. WP sir.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »

i played the afternoon comp. keep a short story short, i didnt win it, 70 runners and i finished just outside the money. 69th i think, somewhere around there anyway ffs.

sorry boys.

if u could pm me with bank details please. ( i can't transfer any other way) or if u want cash let me know.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 12:04:23 PM »

i played the afternoon comp. keep a short story short, i didnt win it, 70 runners and i finished just outside the money. 69th i think, somewhere around there anyway ffs.

sorry boys.

if u could pm me with bank details please. ( i can't transfer any other way) or if u want cash let me know.

how much do we get?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »

pm's sent and bank transfers done.

Thanks all.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: