blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Nit thread, a thread for Nits.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nit thread, a thread for Nits.  (Read 87016 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »

Anyone else here a sucker for the 3 for 2 deals? I can never bring myself to just buy one even if there is a good chance the food may not stay fresh 

that's what freezers are for!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

Wish they'd had these when I was quitting. Curious to see how similar they feel.

http://www.wowcher.co.uk/deals/national-deal/deal-1971-detail/9-99-instead-39-98-electronic-cigarette-bundle/deal.html?ito=wowcher_email_0001

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

I use one myself, but if you're thinking about it, I'd strongly advise to do some research first. There are much better ones than the one you linked to.

I enjoyed smoking, I didn't really want to quit, but I replaced fags with an electric one last February and haven't had a real fag since. Found myself using it less and less since then, but still using it. Quite nice to have in social smokers group - gives you an excuse to get outside with them for the gossip.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »

I installed this a few months ago. It automatically tells you the best price on the net for any item your looking at. Its saved me a few quid.
http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »

I use one myself, but if you're thinking about it, I'd strongly advise to do some research first. There are much better ones than the one you linked to.

I enjoyed smoking, I didn't really want to quit, but I replaced fags with an electric one last February and haven't had a real fag since. Found myself using it less and less since then, but still using it. Quite nice to have in social smokers group - gives you an excuse to get outside with them for the gossip.

Ok cheers mate. It's another £4 also for the p&p. Which brand do you prefer?

vwp on the quitting. I couldn't have done it without that horrible-tasting gum. I tried a patch also but breathing only through my nostrils became aggravating after a while.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:19:39 PM by ManuelsMum » Logged

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »

Or if they have tightened up on it and it is no longer possible, then Tescos free 1k is a start for less effort.

nice needed to add some some points..

Also a free (ish) 5k available if you take out a Virgin Stocks & Shares Isa.. Got to pay in £75 per month for 6 months.. Do what u want with it after.. let it roll imo

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

Or if they have tightened up on it and it is no longer possible, then Tescos free 1k is a start for less effort.

nice needed to add some some points..

Also a free (ish) 5k available if you take out a Virgin Stocks & Shares Isa.. Got to pay in £75 per month for 6 months.. Do what u want with it after.. let it roll imo

Got a link where it says about that Jizz?  Can't see it on their site.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »

Spend £60 at tesco and get 10p off per litre at the pump.

http://www.tesco.com/petrol-promotion/
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2012, 05:41:42 PM »

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/fcpartners/virgingroup/virginmoneygroup.jsp?bfSubmit1.y=12&bfSubmit1.x=12

Also 7.5k for life insurance....

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »

just looked at the ISA historic performance...... a FTSE tracking ISA that consistently does worse than the FTSE!

ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »

just looked at the ISA historic performance...... a FTSE tracking ISA that consistently does worse than the FTSE!

Not wishing to defend either Virgin or tracker funds BUT what do you expect a tracker with 1% annual charge do other than do worse that the FTSE!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »

1% worse than FTSE wouldnt be an issue...  I only skimmed the prospectus, but recent performance was faaaaar worse than that?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »

1% worse than FTSE wouldnt be an issue...  I only skimmed the prospectus, but recent performance was faaaaar worse than that?

I would rather put my cash in after a downswong than after a good run tbh.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

It's not so much the upswing/downswing... more of a question of the fund manager's ability to ever get anywhere near the FTSE performance.  Which in theory, shouldn't be too hard to do (at least before charges..)

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:07 PM »

in my local asda

golden syrup 1 for £1.39

but 2 for £1.00

Just me
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: