blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 21990 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »

i just thought barack obama is an anogram for BOMB AMERICA

lol...wow..spooky!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
leedsfish

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »

Now I'm scared
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »

Some think the end of the long count is merely counting down to the galactic alignment

ldo what else would it be? I thought you were a science teacher how can you of all people get roped into this tosh?

Erm...she's a music teacher Flushy...

Ah ok i dunno where i got science from! At least i can rest easy though that this won't be taught to kids in her school now!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »

Some think the end of the long count is merely counting down to the galactic alignment

ldo what else would it be? I thought you were a science teacher how can you of all people get roped into this tosh?

Erm...she's a music teacher Flushy...

Ah ok i dunno where i got science from! At least i can rest easy though that this won't be taught to kids in her school now!

yeah that'll stop her banging on to the 7 year old about Nostradamus Roll Eyes
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2008, 06:15:44 PM »

Boldie, I am happy to admit that yes, the interpretations of his quatrains are often altered and twisted to fit to historical events. And from what you've said about the Diana prediction I posted, yes you are right.  I've actually put quite a few of the quatrains through a translator (admittedly not that one...whoops), mainly the ones supposedly to do with our future,  because I knew a lot of them would be twisted to fit, and some of them have been and some haven't.  But the trouble is that all of the prophecies were left undated which means that people are going to have to guess as to when these things happened/are going to happen, and very often they are wrong, but that does not mean that they will never be right.

i could (if i could spell) right a book with thousands of vague predictions then over the next few thousand years watch as historian after historian match them with events that have still to happen

are we sure shaplee hasnt hacked pocketlay's account i use to think she was quite bright

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »

What is evident is that in the last millennium the human race has evolved quicker than ever and it took WW1 to start that.  With all the human evolving intelligence has also brought more evil into the world, therefore, the predictions of 2012 could very well come true!

On a personal note, I am considered being a bit scatty at times so you can scoff at me as much as you like, I am used to it!

Scoff : The human race has not evolved a significant amount during the last 100 years. Evolution is a process of random mutation and natural selection that takes millions of years to take effect.

We have advanced our technology, and are perhaps more enlightened as a result. However, on a base level, behind a veil of ignorance, I don't believe we're significantly more intelligent than those who went before us.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2008, 11:16:16 PM »

Just to add to this and make some amendments to what has been posted.

The age of the universe is placed at about 13.5 billion years according to current thinking. 

Jesus H Christ predicted that the world would end within a generation of his time on earth.  This never came to happen, but still billions of people believe him to be the son of god and the bible to be the truth and the word of god.

I for one will not be betting on any of these apocalyptic predictions coming true, for obvious reasons.  The other thing is that none of them are based on any science.  They are all based on nonsense hocus-pocus, nothing falsifiable (until after the date of the premonition), nothing based on previous success, and nothing that deserves any credibility whatsoever. 

Many people love fatalistic premonitions.  Life (and the existence of the universe) is beyond their understanding that there must be something mystical and supernatural causing events, because it is beyond their personal incredulity that everything in the universe has just 'happened' - it must have a designer and an ultimate goal.  Without this goal, they feel as though they are worthless and insignificant.  It is actually very egocentric view to think that life, the earth and the universe is here for humankind's benefit.  We're not that important - we're just clever apes with technology.  Nothing more, nothing less.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »

What is evident is that in the last millennium the human race has evolved quicker than ever and it took WW1 to start that.  With all the human evolving intelligence has also brought more evil into the world, therefore, the predictions of 2012 could very well come true!

On a personal note, I am considered being a bit scatty at times so you can scoff at me as much as you like, I am used to it!

Scoff : The human race has not evolved a significant amount during the last 100 years. Evolution is a process of random mutation and natural selection that takes millions of years to take effect.

We have advanced our technology, and are perhaps more enlightened as a result. However, on a base level, behind a veil of ignorance, I don't believe we're significantly more intelligent than those who went before us.

You are correct in saying "We have advanced our technology, and are perhaps more enlightened as a result."  You have put this more eloquently than I did, I should not have used the word 'evolved'. We are not more intelligent than those before us it is through education for all that we have advanced.

When I said scoff, I was referring to how some people on this forum are dismissing people's theories as rubbish.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2008, 12:09:18 AM »

You are correct in saying "We have advanced our technology, and are perhaps more enlightened as a result."  You have put this more eloquently than I did, I should not have used the word 'evolved'. We are not more intelligent than those before us it is through education for all that we have advanced.

When I said scoff, I was referring to how some people on this forum are dismissing people's theories as rubbish.

Well I'm sorry Mr Jam, & I'd never describe you as "scatty", but I am afraid I do think Nostradamus's theories are rubbish.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »

Thank god I've got my warp gate

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2008, 12:10:55 AM »

i think its Mrs Trafficjam actually.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2008, 12:18:41 AM »

Indeed, it IS Mrs Jam, my sincere apologies & grovelness.

Just been ticked off by her Daughter, via PM, sigh.

Sorry MRS Jam!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2008, 12:22:57 AM »

Sorry MRS Jam!

Ticked of for getting the wrong sex and not because you have your own opinon I hasten to add lol.   Anyhoo, I love ticking of my lil Mr Kendall, it's that dominant aspect you know .......   

Now, where was we ... ah yes, talking about Quantum Leaps I believe   Wink

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »

Sorry MRS Jam!

Ticked of for getting the wrong sex and not because you have your own opinon I hasten to add lol.   Anyhoo, I love ticking of my lil Mr Kendall, it's that dominant aspect you know .......   

Now, where was we ... ah yes, talking about Quantum Leaps I believe   Wink

Quantum leaps are fine - they have a scientiftic basis.

Nostradamus theories? Err.......

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2008, 03:01:16 AM »

The human brain has evolved significantly in the past 100 years though surely?..have 10,000 years of nothing but bows, arrows, candles and huge catapults but since electricity and shit look how far with come in the past 100 years in comparison to virtually fuck all happening in the thousands of years previously.

Imagine the human brain as a line of sharkscope and for thouands or years were grinding a slow profit at $5sng's then we win a £5kHU match, that HU match is the last hundred years.

Unless of course folk were just lazy and didnt want a technological revolution because they were having too much fun sleeping with their cousins whilst drinking gin and stoning 8 year olds to death for doing algebra!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: