blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde, going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde, going forward.  (Read 36339 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »

opinions do tend to be one sided and i will admit mine is cloudy after being attacked personally previously. tighty knows where i am coming from though

So this is just a personal attack on Tighty, in truth?

Do me a favour Russ, back off. Now. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »

Anyone interested?

Any early league exit'ers still around and fancy some blonde cash?

I'm on 10/20 cash - feeling very billy no  mates ;-)

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »

if snoopy is such an asset how can he be allowed to leave? surely another roll could be found if you realised what an asset he was.

Would you like to ask Snoopy to work for free?

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »

different people keep throwing in the fact you wont go down the route of trillion.

sorry but this stinks of the old government trick of throwing in bad news when there is a big disaster going on. Just because you didnt want to screw people over and practise bad business shouldnt mean we applaud you.

the fact that tighty is the one who is suffering more than anyone is perhaps the fact that a bad business model is being run. If tighty is the one running the business then its only right he should be the one who suffers??? Im sorry if this seems harsh but in the current economic climate if more ceo's or mds suffered down to their bad business sense then maybe things would be better run all round.

before anyone assumes i am attacking tighty here i say it as i see it. I warned plenty of people about trillion and they didnt listen. When other things have seemed strange i have never minded saying what a lot of people though but didnt dare say. i was once banned from here over something and nothing but allowed back on. almost a year later i was attacked personally by a couple of well known blonde members and even the "boss" attacked me himself and made some very personal claims against me. After I asked by pm wtf was going on the thread was quickly removed and swept under the carpet. Even back then I thought what sort of man is this to be running a site. I will probably be banned again for saying this but where so many of you think tighty is the glue that holds the site together I think you have been sniffing it. I am allowed my opinion on this even though it will be probably be removed quite quickly.  

No way will we remove it, it will stay.

May I suggest you read my OP again - carefully this time.

Snoops is golden, he has done more for blonde than anyone, as I stated clearly.

He is also a great asset. As I stated clearly.

The Home Page does not contribute any tangible revenue.

The Updates do not contribute any revenue, on the contrary, they soak up all our spare cash. Some folks ONLY visit blonde for the Updates, then disappear until the next one. We'll cope without those fair weather Members.

It may surprise you to know I am aware that no Live Updates will send our Members elsewhere. So be it. I am responsiblefor, & aware of, as the only large Shareholder still active, my fiduciary duties. They do not include employing Staff we cannot pay. I don't have a single CCJ, or Business Bad Debt, to my name, in 40 years of running businesses. I don't plan to change that anytime soon.
Just looking at the homepage,is there a reason you (blondepoker) cannot have affiliate links for other sites?
Looking at the competitors, they are full of them. The only banner at the moment is to Blondes own cardroom.

difficult balancing act, don't want to stuff our card-room revenue. None of our major competitors have their own card-room

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »

if snoopy is such an asset how can he be allowed to leave? surely another roll could be found if you realised what an asset he was.

points very well put as always tony, sorry for allowing my personal feelings to come into this debate- wont happen again.

He has not been asked to leave. He's been asked to step side until we can sort some things out. As stated in my OP. He agreed readily. He understands. He also wants his wages when they are due. Which is entirely reasonable. We don't have enough to pay them right now. What do you suggest, we ask him to work for free? Or grim him?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:24 PM »

isn't snoops around to comment?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:11 PM »

points very well put as always tony, sorry for allowing my personal feelings to come into this debate- wont happen again.

errr costs me thinks
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2009, 10:27:58 PM »

isn't snoops around to comment?

No idea, but he's free to comment if he wishes, & he's commented perfectly reasonably about the matter on the Mods Board today.

He probably thinks that right now is not the best time to muddy the waters further.

He knows I want to get him back on board asap. He is also a Shareholder, holding 5% of the Shares.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »

Are the links on the bottom right of the homepage affiliates or have the just paid to be on there?
If there not affiliates i would definatly be looking at replacing those asap.
I imagine you have been over all these things many times but just trying to think of a few things to possible improve your ctr.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

Are the links on the bottom right of the homepage affiliates or have the just paid to be on there?
I imagine you have been over all these things many times but just trying to think of a few things to possible improve your ctr.

thank you

There are three announcements imminent: deals, etc which have the same aim

My eyes are open wide
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »

thank you

For instance, you link to http://www.pokerlessons.net/ on the homepage unless your getting good money for a ct then what is the point in sending someone straight off of the homepage onto a site which is basically an affiliate whore?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »

thank you

I tend to click through the front page to the forum tbh without stopping to have a look. I'm not sure how many others do - i go back to it if I'm alerted to something thats been posted on there that interests me.

If I'm not the only one that does that can I suggest affiliate links on the forum rather than the front page?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:10 PM »

thank you

For instance, you link to http://www.pokerlessons.net/ on the homepage unless your getting good money for a ct then what is the point in sending someone straight off of the homepage onto a site which is basically an affiliate whore?

Yup, I need to compare notes with Snoopy on the history of some of these

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »

Too many compliments for one beagle on one night. He'll have a head the size of a beach ball.

I think he's a work shy good for nothing.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:42 PM »

just an idea if poss, everyone interested paying £5, half goes towards updates the other half goes into a pool, each person who donated gets a number, this number is matched by a draw to be worked out for a player who is playing in gukpt , if your player reaches final table the people who have drawn that player would play a final table on blonde for the cash in the pool,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: